Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:29 AM

546 posts, read 408,340 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this has already been posted, there are many threads about African-Americans and their encounters with police. But I don't think this is on any of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHTJAOhz_8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
That is a great video. The young man recognized he did something wrong and he got a warning and that was the end of it. If he had given the cop an attitude he probably would have gotten a ticket. If the guy had escalated the stop with anger and threats the Cop probably would have given him the smack down. I like what the young man said
"He (the cop) did his job and I did what I was supposed to do".

He had another great line.
"Ignorance has no colour"

It sucks to be pulled over and the last thing you or the cop needs is attitude.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:01 PM

698 posts, read 587,290 times
I expect a police officer to be held to a higher standard than a Wal Mart cashier. If a cashier at Wal Mart dealt with a customer's bad attitude by cursing at them, assaulting them, threatening to kill or tase them, they would be fired and it is highly likely that they would be facing criminal charges.

For a cop that is considered normal everyday behavior in reaction to a citizen's bad attitude and/or disrespect and the apologist bootlickers just expect people to accept it.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:22 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
If everyone had that attitude there would be no problem with the Police. Good video.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
I expect a police officer to be held to a higher standard than a Wal Mart cashier. If a cashier at Wal Mart dealt with a customer's bad attitude by cursing at them, assaulting them, threatening to kill or tase them, they would be fired and it is highly likely that they would be facing criminal charges.

For a cop that is considered normal everyday behavior in reaction to a citizen's bad attitude and/or disrespect and the apologist bootlickers just expect people to accept it.
Lowering the entrance exam scoring to Wal-Mart cashier level isn't helping either and that's exactly what many Lefties want to happen because they think it's racist to have such a high bar set.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:36 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
For a cop that is considered normal everyday behavior
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hatred of cops borders on deranged.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:

Taxpayers spend a lot of money getting these cops trained. Yet there is no payoff.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:16 PM

48 posts, read 71,335 times
He must didn't see the footage of Sandra Bland getting pulled over a few weeks ago by a cop who was being a jerk and out of his character. She knew her rights and acted politely toward the cop but he still sent her to jail. All the cop needed to do is issue Sandra Bland a ticket and gone about his business. Oh noooo, he got mad over her not putting her cigarette out.

Good video but that brother need to wake up.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:35 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:

I agree 100%. It is time American cops got some training and stopped treating everyday encounters as if 99% of people are evil and waiting for a chance to shoot them.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:40 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is a great video. The young man recognized he did something wrong and he got a warning and that was the end of it. If he had given the cop an attitude he probably would have gotten a ticket. If the guy had escalated the stop with anger and threats the Cop probably would have given him the smack down. I like what the young man said
"He (the cop) did his job and I did what I was supposed to do".

He had another great line.
"Ignorance has no colour"

It sucks to be pulled over and the last thing you or the cop needs is attitude.
the second to last thing you need is to have the offending party with an attitude of "i gets to do what i wants to do"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events