U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2015, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,469,891 times
Reputation: 27565

Advertisements

The Black Lives Matter folks only come out of the closet when a White cop is involved.
You should all know that by now.

 
Old 08-01-2015, 11:41 AM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,666,289 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's really a shame. Baltimore used to be such a beautiful city.
When?
 
Old 08-01-2015, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
683 posts, read 732,284 times
Reputation: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Black Lives Matter folks only come out of the closet when a White cop is involved.
You should all know that by now.
What you said could go the both ways certain race craved people clearly come out as there are already more than 4 threads on city data even some in the same category starting with the same title as this thread its getting kind of ridiculous. Even the situation in Baltimore was not only white cops yet ignorance and true colors are shown when people are nave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's really a shame. Baltimore used to be such a beautiful city.
It still is!

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 08-01-2015 at 12:39 PM..
 
Old 08-01-2015, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,651 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Reputation: 63197
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When?
I lived just outside of Baltimore in the mid 1980s. It was beautiful then. I haven't been back since.
 
Old 08-01-2015, 12:57 PM
 
3,051 posts, read 1,671,588 times
Reputation: 4951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
What you said could go the both ways certain race craved people clearly come out as there are already more than 4 threads on city data even some in the same category starting with the same title as this thread its getting kind of ridiculous. Even the situation in Baltimore was not only white cops yet ignorance and true colors are shown when people are nave.


It still is!
Not ignorant. Blacks are killing each other in droves. Black lives matter when killed by a cop. Otherwise they don't matter at all.
 
Old 08-01-2015, 01:21 PM
 
9,198 posts, read 7,054,555 times
Reputation: 11154
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Not ignorant. Blacks are killing each other in droves. Black lives matter when killed by a cop. Otherwise they don't matter at all.
Of course they do. Don't be ridiculous. Unfortunately things in some neighborhoods there have reached crises proportions and a deadly impasse. Sometimes you just have to start over. Not everyone is ready to give it all over to the gangs.

Camden NJ used to be the most dangerous city in the country. While it's still not perfect, they have made a lot of progress getting rid of the old jaded force and going back to community policing, with cops on the beat and not just patrolling in cars separated from the people in the street.

They know the residents and are gaining trust and respect.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/01...referrer=&_r=0
 
Old 08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
683 posts, read 732,284 times
Reputation: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Not ignorant. Blacks are killing each other in droves. Black lives matter when killed by a cop. Otherwise they don't matter at all.
In either situation lives should matter regardless one receives more publicity mainly because the person arrested is not supposed to die in a police cruiser while in police custody whether the cops or the victim are black or white. The other efforts and institutions in place to bring awareness to black killing other blacks are overshadowed to the point people don't even know they exist.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 08-01-2015 at 01:36 PM..
 
Old 08-01-2015, 01:44 PM
 
3,051 posts, read 1,671,588 times
Reputation: 4951
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Of course they do. Don't be ridiculous. Unfortunately things in some neighborhoods there have reached crises proportions and a deadly impasse. Sometimes you just have to start over. Not everyone is ready to give it all over to the gangs.

Camden NJ used to be the most dangerous city in the country. While it's still not perfect, they have made a lot of progress getting rid of the old jaded force and going back to community policing, with cops on the beat and not just patrolling in cars separated from the people in the street.

They know the residents and are gaining trust and respect.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/01...referrer=&_r=0
Then where are the protests? Where are the riots? Where is Al and Jessie? Nowhere to be found. Camden NJ is a cesspool no matter how the NY Times would like to spin it!!!
 
Old 08-01-2015, 01:49 PM
 
2,186 posts, read 1,845,844 times
Reputation: 4096
[quote=Northernest Southernest C;40653051]What you said could go the both ways certain race craved people clearly come out as there are already more than 4 threads on city data even some in the same category starting with the same title as this thread its getting kind of ridiculous. Even the situation in Baltimore was not only white cops yet ignorance and true colors are shown when people are nave.


Exactly, multiple threads and the same overused, false, asinine rhetoric being spouted daily.

It's a bit ironic that a certain user here is clamoring for riots given that users alleged background.
 
Old 08-01-2015, 02:08 PM
 
9,198 posts, read 7,054,555 times
Reputation: 11154
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Then where are the protests? Where are the riots? Where is Al and Jessie? Nowhere to be found. Camden NJ is a cesspool no matter how the NY Times would like to spin it!!!
It's not just the NY Times. I live in Philly and we have regular updates on what's going on across the river in the media here.

It's not just Baltimore that's the problem, obviously, it's a problem in any low income neighborhood that's been taken over by drug dealing gun running gangs.

If you join or even if you live in a block frequented by, violent gangs, then you're going to be impacted in some way or another by said violence. There is an expectation of it. It's reality.

Just like if you join a 1% motorcycle gang, or the Mob, or the Triads.

However, in this country, we expect the police force to be held to a higher standard. As they should be. And as evidenced in Camden, as they can be, quite sucessfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top