U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 08:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
I'm Black and grew up in Flint, Michigan, the MOMENT I got some money I got the hell out of there. I now stay in a nice Suburb area called Clinton Township, MI which is excellent.

The fact of the matter is that most of the time if you have a majority BLACK area, the area is going to have poor schools, a poor economy, poor neighborhoods, single mothers everywhere, no fathers in the households, kids out of control, ghetto behavior, thugs, Tyqueshia, DeShawn, etc., etc.

Do yourself a favor, if you are a decent minded person with goals to be Middle Class and higher, get the HELL out of any area that's majority Black. You have been warned.

In terms of the current climate, it's all a Liberal Agenda and bias to attack "productive people" and turn this country into a Center Left pile of crap. Even as a Middle Class Black Man, I'm called Uncle Tom, Coon, Sell-out, etc. all because I LEFT THE GHETTO. I apparently "speak like I'm white" and I'm apparently "white-washed".

The reason they march when white people kill blacks is because it helps push a NARRATIVE. The narrative they are looking to push is that productive people (white people) are all bad and we (the ghetto people) have been oppressed by them, as a result, THEY should give US some (insert here whatever goody you can think of like free education, healthcare, money, housing, etc).

These people care NOTHING about a damn Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, Mike Brown, Sandra Bland, Freddie Gray, etc. They can care LESS about these people. They pick and choose cases to be "outraged" about to help PUSH their foundational change of America from a Center Right country to a Center Left one.

That's why you will NEVER see outrage over black on black crime, those cases don't fit the narrative they are trying to push.

It's similar to an Animal Rights group, they will only be outraged over cases that involve the beating or unjustly killing of an Animal.

great post!!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 PM

906 posts, read 651,676 times
Quote:
I'm Black and grew up in Flint, Michigan, the MOMENT I got some money I got the hell out of there. I now stay in a nice Suburb area called Clinton Township, MI which is excellent.

The fact of the matter is that most of the time if you have a majority BLACK area, the area is going to have poor schools, a poor economy, poor neighborhoods, single mothers everywhere, no fathers in the households, kids out of control, ghetto behavior, thugs, Tyqueshia, DeShawn, etc., etc.

Do yourself a favor, if you are a decent minded person with goals to be Middle Class and higher, get the HELL out of any area that's majority Black. You have been warned.

In terms of the current climate, it's all a Liberal Agenda and bias to attack "productive people" and turn this country into a Center Left pile of crap. Even as a Middle Class Black Man, I'm called Uncle Tom, Coon, Sell-out, etc. all because I LEFT THE GHETTO. I apparently "speak like I'm white" and I'm apparently "white-washed".

The reason they march when white people kill blacks is because it helps push a NARRATIVE. The narrative they are looking to push is that productive people (white people) are all bad and we (the ghetto people) have been oppressed by them, as a result, THEY should give US some (insert here whatever goody you can think of like free education, healthcare, money, housing, etc).

These people care NOTHING about a damn Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, Mike Brown, Sandra Bland, Freddie Gray, etc. They can care LESS about these people. They pick and choose cases to be "outraged" about to help PUSH their foundational change of America from a Center Right country to a Center Left one.

That's why you will NEVER see outrage over black on black crime, those cases don't fit the narrative they are trying to push.

It's similar to an Animal Rights group, they will only be outraged over cases that involve the beating or unjustly killing of an Animal.
There have been multiple protest over black on black crimes . A lot daily, the news just dont show it because it doesnt fit there agenda

Old 08-01-2015, 09:31 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,849,341 times
Quote:

And every once in a while I see posts like these. "Oh I'm Black, liberals, I was called an Uncle tom, yada yada yada. Anyone can portray who they want to be with the anonymity of the internet. Your claims have been used countless times by others and have been proven wrong time and time again.

Not even going to type an essay, but here take a look at these links.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/40654346-post22.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/40654676-post26.html

For your underlined generalization. http://www.city-data.com/city/DeSoto-Texas.html

Old 08-01-2015, 09:36 PM

27,363 posts, read 15,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
I've seen several threads about the decline of what were once wonderful American cities. Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Newark, Camden etc. Here is the question. If you had to name the single common denominator that caused these cities decay, what would your answer be?
Poverty rates namely. When you have low unemployment and good jobs, you are much less likely to see youth fall into gangs no matter the national origin or the skin color. It is a socio-economic issue for the most part. Poverty and high unemployment with little way to make it up the socio-economic ladder leads to crime, violence and the rise of gangs.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:41 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,441,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
And every once in a while I see posts like these. "Oh I'm Black, liberals, I was called an Uncle tom, yada yada yada. Anyone can portray who they want to be with the anonymity of the internet. Your claims have been used countless times by others and have been proven wrong time and time again.

Not even going to type an essay, but here take a look at these links.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/40654346-post22.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/40654676-post26.html

For your underlined generalization. http://www.city-data.com/city/DeSoto-Texas.html
Complete and utter bull. The National Media nor the Alternative Media covers the bull that goes on with Black on Black Crime because they are pushing a NARRATIVE.

In terms of there's "always justice" in the black on black crime cases, that's also BULL. There's a no snitch policy in the black community and you will have people go sit right up in the funeral of "Lil Man Man" knowing damn well who killed "Lil Man Man" but won't say a damn thing about it because of the no snitch rule.

I'm sick and tired of you far left liberals pushing this narrative. The black community is the only community I know of that has to all think ONE WAY to equate "blackness". If you don't vote Democrat, you aren't black. If you don't like Young Jeezy, you aren't black. If you speak proper standard English, you aren't black. If you don't "praiseeee Jesssusss" you aren't black. If you don't don't worship Barack Obama, you aren't black. If you don't protest and march for CRIMINALS/THUGS to get "treated fairly" by the Cops, you aren't black.

I'm so sick and tired of this crap. Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black. The level of stupidity and these informal "rules" of being "black" just has me damn sick and tired of even being associated with this culture.

We are so far GONE from the days of MLK and Malcolm X. We are now nothing but a culture of welfare queens, single mothers, Lil Man Mans, Tyqueshias, thugs, drug dealers, and Pulpit Pimps.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Complete and utter bull. The National Media nor the Alternative Media covers the bull that goes on with Black on Black Crime because they are pushing a NARRATIVE.

In terms of there's "always justice" in the black on black crime cases, that's also BULL. There's a no snitch policy in the black community and you will have people go sit right up in the funeral of "Lil Man Man" knowing damn well who killed "Lil Man Man" but won't say a damn thing about it because of the no snitch rule.

I'm sick and tired of you far left liberals pushing this narrative. The black community is the only community I know of that has to all think ONE WAY to equate "blackness". If you don't vote Democrat, you aren't black. If you don't like Young Jeezy, you aren't black. If you speak proper standard English, you aren't black. If you don't "praiseeee Jesssusss" you aren't black. If you don't don't worship Barack Obama, you aren't black. If you don't protest and march for CRIMINALS/THUGS to get "treated fairly" by the Cops, you aren't black.

I'm so sick and tired of this crap. Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black. The level of stupidity and these informal "rules" of being "black" just has me damn sick and tired of even being associated with this culture.

We are so far GONE from the days of MLK and Malcolm X. We are now nothing but a culture of welfare queens, single mothers, Lil Man Mans, Tyqueshias, thugs, drug dealers, and Pulpit Pimps.
(1) The National/Alternative media pushes many narratives.

(2) With the technology we have available it's not impossible, but very unlikely that someone (of any race) would get away with outright murder, especially in large cities.

(3) LoL. For the umpteenth time there's no singular "Black community". I honestly can't even tell if you're being serious, but I digress. I know plenty of Blacks who are Atheists (not sure what religion has to do with Blackness) that don't like Young Jeezy, worship Obama, and protest for criminals, including myself. A Black person of Caribbean (including Hispanic Blacks) descent doesn't have the same culture as an American Black. We're not a monolithic group of people who share the same brain...

(4) With all due respect with statements like "I'm so sick and tired of this crap. Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black. The level of stupidity and these informal "rules" of being "black" just has me damn sick and tired of even being associated with this culture." do you sincerely wonder why one may label you an "Uncle Tom" or a "Sellout"? Again, that's with all due respect, and I'm not judging your character, but I'm asking you a serious question.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:01 PM

241 posts, read 172,234 times
Quote:

You lost all credibility when you stated "Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black." You are pushing a narrative and agenda as well, you are not a spokesman for the African American community. I'm Black as well and the product of an upper middle class 2 parent household.

I have never met any Black person who considered working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children as selling out. The recent slew of highly-publicized police on black shootings, the Confederate flag controversy and the South Carolina church massacre highlight the difficulty inherent in a 400-year battle to eradicate the vestiges of America's original sin. The stigma that still comes with having darker skin. These bigoted acts of cowardice and ignorance must be addressed, but we have an equally insidious, but less apparent stain to deal with -- the perception that the black community is morally bankrupt.

I'd rather hear what you are doing to help poor black communities than condemning them.

"This byproduct of slavery, Jim Crow, racist housing laws, and discriminatory hiring practices damages community relations and feeds the bigots. Those born into privilege have stacked the deck at the expense of others for so long, they don't even recognize their own privilege. You want to help minimize the ugly affects of racism; lets start by destroying this myth that black people lack financial know how, or that we're not worth investment dollars. We're not financially bankrupt. We've managed to accomplish a lot with a little. What we really want is to be treated as equal partners in this experiment called America." - Huffington Post

286 posts, read 208,381 times
ANYBODY can get FREE training to pass the GED, then ANYBODY can get 12k per year of loans and 5k per year of grants, and live in an old mini-van to go to college, like I did. If you are smart and take nursing, cop training, etc, you dont have to repay those loans. If you are smart, you'll take at least your first 2 years of college at a jr college, where the 5k of Pell grant per year covers your actual costs of attendance. If you are REALLY smart, you graduate high school and do well enough on the CLEP tests that you can SKIP the first 2 years of college. Then your loans and grants get you a master's degree, in 4 years total. But this takes intelligence, discipline, postponement of gratification. you know, adult type THOUGHT.

1,069 posts, read 555,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
(1) The National/Alternative media pushes many narratives.

(2) With the technology we have available it's not impossible, but very unlikely that someone (of any race) would get away with outright murder, especially in large cities.

(3) LoL. For the umpteenth time there's no singular "Black community". I honestly can't even tell if you're being serious, but I digress. I know plenty of Blacks who are Atheists (not sure what religion has to do with Blackness) that don't like Young Jeezy, worship Obama, and protest for criminals, including myself. A Black person of Caribbean (including Hispanic Blacks) descent doesn't have the same culture as an American Black. We're not a monolithic group of people who share the same brain...

(4) With all due respect with statements like "I'm so sick and tired of this crap. Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black. The level of stupidity and these informal "rules" of being "black" just has me damn sick and tired of even being associated with this culture." do you sincerely wonder why one may label you an "Uncle Tom" or a "Sellout"? Again, that's with all due respect, and I'm not judging your character, but I'm asking you a serious question.
Because if you are black, and criticize fellow blacks, you must be an "Uncle Tom" or a "Sellout"

Old 08-01-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDWRECK View Post
You lost all credibility when you stated "Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black." You are pushing a narrative and agenda as well, you are not a spokesman for the African American community. I'm Black as well and the product of an upper middle class 2 parent household.

I have never met any Black person who considered working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children as selling out. The recent slew of highly-publicized police on black shootings, the Confederate flag controversy and the South Carolina church massacre highlight the difficulty inherent in a 400-year battle to eradicate the vestiges of America's original sin. The stigma that still comes with having darker skin. These bigoted acts of cowardice and ignorance must be addressed, but we have an equally insidious, but less apparent stain to deal with -- the perception that the black community is morally bankrupt.

I'd rather hear what you are doing to help poor black communities than condemning them.

"This byproduct of slavery, Jim Crow, racist housing laws, and discriminatory hiring practices damages community relations and feeds the bigots. Those born into privilege have stacked the deck at the expense of others for so long, they don't even recognize their own privilege. You want to help minimize the ugly affects of racism; lets start by destroying this myth that black people lack financial know how, or that we're not worth investment dollars. We're not financially bankrupt. We've managed to accomplish a lot with a little. What we really want is to be treated as equal partners in this experiment called America." - Huffington Post
On the money, brother!

@keep It Simple did you miss the part where the poster in question stated "Somedays I wake up and wish I was NOT black."?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events