Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:11 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Once again I have been out and I have seen it. But it was firefighters doing it, not cops.

How often do you think cops actually do any of the things you mentioned? I would say I hear about a cop doing something like that maybe once a month. Thats out of a million cops in this country. Thats like maybe 0.001% of cops who do that. Which only proves that no matter how useless a group of people are, some of them will do something good once in a great while.
All of your posts about cops are negative. I can guess that you had some sort of bad experience with a police officer that has left you skewed. You will never have a good thing to say about police officers and I can attribute that to bitterness. I have no doubt that if confronted you if act like you are on here you are getting very negative responses, and duly deserved. One other thing, do you really think there are a million cops in the US? One out of every 3 people is a police officer. That sounds like paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 07:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Cops posing as construction workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
In Georgia cops pose as construction workers on the roads so they can peek in people's cars to see if they are on their cell phones. $150.00 fine if caught. I know in my state we have a lot of people posing as construction workers and some are even posing as Mayors but I don't think any of them are cops.

US Cops Pose As Road Workers To Catch Drivers Checking Their Phones | Gizmodo Australia

I hope they make a lotta busts.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:16 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
All of your posts about cops are negative. I can guess that you had some sort of bad experience with a police officer that has left you skewed. You will never have a good thing to say about police officers and I can attribute that to bitterness. I have no doubt that if confronted you if act like you are on here you are getting very negative responses, and duly deserved. One other thing, do you really think there are a million cops in the US? One out of every 3 people is a police officer. That sounds like paranoia.

There are 1220000 officers. According to wiki.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:16 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:

That would be more like 1 out of every 300, give or take. I could see there being 1,000,000 police officers in the US. 50 states, thousands of cities and towns, plus county officers, etc. It's not really that much of a stretch.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
That would be more like 1 out of every 300, give or take. I could see there being 1,000,000 police officers in the US. 50 states, thousands of cities and towns, plus county officers, etc. It's not really that much of a stretch.
Duly noted. He still sounds like a paranoid individual.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
You really don't know how many people there are in the US, do you? Which is what probably leads to your skewed vision of the importance of cops.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
You really don't know how many people there are in the US, do you? Which is what probably leads to your skewed vision of the importance of cops.
I don't think cops are any more important than any other people. I am just not paranoid and bitter like some on here.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:40 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
I have never seen a cop do any of those things, in my life. I have seen people rescued from fires and water, but those were firefighters doing the rescuing, not cops. The cops were there, but they are always just standing around being useless, or maybe unrolling yellow police tape.

Oh the all great police man is protecting me so well with all that yellow tape.
I have never seen you stop hitting your wife either....
(Yes, you are making that type of argument.)

Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,103 times
Of course we now are the generation of I will do what I want when I want and your not telling me what to do. Guess that's why we see the conflict between some citizens with law enforcement. For those not aware, enforcement means to enforce written laws of the land and those who are lawfully given the responsability are called enforcers of the law. Those who arent prone to abide by said laws seem to get bent when caught by said enforcement and immediately cry foul ,with friends and family as their backup. Easy fix, obey the law!! All others will find living ain't going to be easy. Love it when you have the same posters with different names basically trying to argue their point. With that being said I will be moving on.

Last edited by luv my dayton; 08-05-2015 at 08:12 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 08:29 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I have no problem with this move.

Edit: I do have a problem with this. I thought that the tickets were being given out for people actually driving (albeit slowly) through construction zones. But they are being given out to people who pull out their phone at a red light! The safety issue here is minimum and the cops should be focused on more serious things, such as people actually accelerating while on their phones, etc.
Well, my dh has been in an accident caused by someone going through a red light because they were too busy texting to see the light change. It was fortunate that no one was injured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events