U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 PM

9,608 posts, read 9,818,712 times

Advertisements

I came back to say I just read the article and my concluscion is that it is a complete hoax. There is no such technology. Its scary actually that someone thought America needed (depending on which side you are) the encouragement or the warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 01:45 PM

4,673 posts, read 2,298,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's evident you're pro-eugenics. I'm glad laws are in place to keep your fantasies in check.
Just read some of her posts and you will wonder if maybe she should be pro-SELF-eugenics. Disgusting racist ignorance.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Anyone on public assistance should be prevented from breeding. If you can't take care of yourself, you are not capable of taking care of a kid.
Aside from this utterly disgusting thought? (have to wonder if thought is even involved...) everyone on public assistance is not capable of 'breeding' as you so delicately (ha!) put it. There are senior citizens, the disabled, veterans and others...They don't need it for children, but for themselves! Hitler anyone?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 PM

21,759 posts, read 21,637,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
This is a much better article on the topic.
Yes it is. I'm not sure how it is being called sterilization when it is a hormonal birth control similar to implants already on the market.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Hmm. I'm reminded of my musings in the recent abortion thread.

This may be made-up, fringe news, and it might be decades too early for this, but I think it's an idea worth exploring.

Hmm...Adolph had the same ideas. And it is still 'fringe', if you know what I mean.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
He may be among the wealthiest and have a mind that serves him well in his work but I would not use that to claim that he is the "most intelligent" or even among the most intelligent in the world. Intelligence is multifaceted and if this is true then he seems to be lacking in some areas if he is in fact developing a microchip that would sterilize women without their consent. There is nothing positive about this.
Amen!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
I'm waiting for the implantable birth control chip for men.
You'll be waiting forever. LOL. But that's just how they 'roll'.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
Unfortunately, that may be the saving grace of our planet. Abortions are out. Celibacy? LOL! Birth Control,not going to happen. A chip may be the answer. It all depends on how FOX news pitches the idea. 2 Thumbs up!

FYI, a chip would be birth control. Hello!

Old 08-04-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Wallow View Post
I think its a fine option for any woman on this planet.
OR any man.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:06 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,683,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Just read some of her posts and you will wonder if maybe she should be pro-SELF-eugenics. Disgusting racist ignorance.
Yes, I am in fact pro-SELF eugenics. (I don't however recall writing anything that would lead one to believe I'm racist(?))

Am pro-eugenics because my life is unpleasant since my parents had no idea how to raise children, and now I'm in the same boat with my children.

Humans have such VAST potential, but require so much TLC that the tiniest missteps in life can throw us way off course, destroying our own lives and those around us.

Humans have vast potential. Eventually the broken ones can be sifted out, and the strongest, most intelligent will thrive. It's part of Darwin's law. We can do this humanely, and selective birth control IMO is the soundest option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events