U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:09 PM

4,673 posts, read 2,300,246 times

Advertisements

Birth control is a CHOICE! If any implant is needed it is one that would inhibit racism. ! Ya Basta!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 02:14 PM

65 posts, read 52,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Anyone on public assistance should be prevented from breeding. If you can't take care of yourself, you are not capable of taking care of a kid.
So you're pro-choice?

Old 08-04-2015, 02:15 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,684,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Bill Gates Foundation Announces Implantable Remote-Controlled Contraceptive Microchip That Can Last Up To 16 Years | Collective-Evolution
YES- it can last 16 yrs. but NOBODY said you will inject this into a NON- participating woman. Those who wish to control people- not going to happen-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
This is a much better article on the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes it is. I'm not sure how it is being called sterilization when it is a hormonal birth control similar to implants already on the market.
Good point. This is birth control. Not sterilization.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:19 PM

36,999 posts, read 45,466,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Have you ever tried to get public assistance without children? The only problem with poor people and contraception is that rich people don't want them to have it. They want them to be celibate! And that dog won't hunt. Birth control is made needlessly expensive, ineffective and over-regulated as to access. Legions of middle and high class women are having abortions, but most are going to private clinics. Poor women would love to be 'prevented from breeding'. They would, however, appreciate something a little more effective than being told to keep their legs closed until they marry. Then what?
That is a bit harsh. Anyone can have a little whoopsy, but 6 or 7 of them is stupidity. Free, or nearly free, birth control is readily available in this country for those who aren't too lazy or stupid to take advantage of it.
The poor women that Bill Gates is talking about are in undeveloped countries where women do not control whether or not they have sex, and do not have a drug store, or a Planned Parenthood around the corner.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:24 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,252,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Or maybe only those who survive off of the sorts of public assistance that have no other benefit beyond the pacification of, and perpetuation of the existence of, the recipient. In other words those who live off of the production of others and offer nothing in return except an inconsistently honored understanding of an expectation of civilized behavior. Or to break it down further, the people you subsidize for no other reason than you feel bad for them and don't want them to riot and steal your stuff. And keep in mind the subject is not even refusing to subsidize them, we're just talking about removing their ability to replicate themselves and create more who are in the same condition. It's both humane and rational. Whether or not it is constitutional is another matter. Perhaps if it was not forced on people directly but rather made a condition of assistance, it would be.
One of my daughters is autistic. She has received government services since she was 3 (early intervention for school, then special ed, busing, therapy) and SSDI for a short time when both her dad and I were unemployed. She turns 18 this year and will qualify for SSDI again, which she will get for the rest of her life, and she's part of the public school system until she's 22. I'm probably one of those folks that some would like to have sterilized against my will or without my knowledge. Although maybe because she's a pretty blonde with blue eyes and a classic name, some may not mind quite as much.

Last edited by JustJulia; 08-04-2015 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 03:19 PM

545 posts, read 460,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm not sure what the plan is for use, but there are countries where women are reproducing constantly and our starving simultaneously. In some African countries that are war torn the pictures of women with toddlers on her knee and a baby at her breast while being pregnant, flies on the babies and no food or shelter, it might be a possibility to use that kind of technology.

In the US there are women who have baby after baby, different fathers and supported by the taxpayers. There is birth control available to them, but they don't use it. Another possibility IMO.
And we in the West constantly send food to these countries to prop up these women and babies they have while the question is never answered..... where are the males who impregnate these females???

Old 08-04-2015, 03:22 PM

545 posts, read 460,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Have you ever tried to get public assistance without children? The only problem with poor people and contraception is that rich people don't want them to have it. They want them to be celibate! And that dog won't hunt. Birth control is made needlessly expensive, ineffective and over-regulated as to access. Legions of middle and high class women are having abortions, but most are going to private clinics. Poor women would love to be 'prevented from breeding'. They would, however, appreciate something a little more effective than being told to keep their legs closed until they marry. Then what?
If they can afford a cell phone plan and cheap fake jewelry,,,,they can buy a pack of Trojans at the local Walgreens!!

Old 08-04-2015, 03:27 PM

3,829 posts, read 2,785,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiE48 View Post
So you're pro-choice?

I am for preventing conception to take place. That includes sterilization, abstinence, and whatever other medication will do the trick.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,000,840 times
If it is anything like Windows 10 expect an huge increase in the birthrate.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 PM

4,673 posts, read 2,300,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Yes, I am in fact pro-SELF eugenics. (I don't however recall writing anything that would lead one to believe I'm racist(?))

Am pro-eugenics because my life is unpleasant since my parents had no idea how to raise children, and now I'm in the same boat with my children.

Humans have such VAST potential, but require so much TLC that the tiniest missteps in life can throw us way off course, destroying our own lives and those around us.

Humans have vast potential. Eventually the broken ones will be sifted out, and the strongest, most intelligent will thrive. It's part of Darwin's law. We can do this humanely, and selective birth control IMO is the soundest option.
Sorry that I 'slammed' you, but eugenics is evil.

Everyone needs to work on themselves.

“Before you can live a part of you has to die. You have to let go of what could have been, how you should have acted and what you wish you would have said differently. You have to accept that you can’t change the past experiences, opinions of others at that moment in time or outcomes from their choices or yours. When you finally recognize that truth then you will understand the true meaning of forgiveness of yourself and others. From this point you will finally be free.”
Shannon L. Alder

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be." ~Thomas Kempis, Imitation of Christ, c.1420

There is a difference between 'selective' and 'elective'. No one has the right to 'select' fertility for another. THAT is playing God.

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank (a victim of eugenics)

Last edited by tangelag; 08-04-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events