Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
One of my daughters is autistic. She has received government services since she was 3 (early intervention for school, then special ed, busing, therapy) and SSDI for a short time when both her dad and I were unemployed. She turns 18 this year and will qualify for SSDI again, which she will get for the rest of her life, and she's part of the public school system until she's 22. I'm probably one of those folks that some would like to have sterilized against my will or without my knowledge. Although maybe because she's a pretty blonde with blue eyes and a classic name, some may not mind quite as much.
JustJulia,

I have had a career working with children with Autism like your daughter. She deserves every bit of any kind of assistance we can give her as do all other children who share her challenges. Thank goodness we are generally an evolved people who recognize the plight of others in our society. Helping others does not take anything from us.

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank (a victim of eugenics)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 03:50 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewisewino View Post
if it is anything like windows 10 expect an huge increase in the birthrate.

lolol!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:54 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
What if Bill Gates hadn't been born?
Now...THERE you have a suitable subject for eugenics!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 PM

768 posts, read 718,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is the company the Gates Foundating is funding with grants:

Applications - Microchips Biotech
OMG!! Thanks for the link. As much as this could be put to good use, as with many well-intended state of the art anything, the use for evil with this technology is so blatant, it should be banned!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:07 PM

21 posts, read 26,292 times
OK Mr. Gates please begin with the poor people who should not be having kids. Imagine the tax savings.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:13 PM

486 posts, read 653,890 times
Hey, if this was available back when I was fertile (I'm 61 now), I'd be the first in line. I never wanted kids, but couldn't find a doctor who would do a tubal back then because "you may change your mind and then what?" Well, I never did change my mind and I spent years worrying about getting pregnant if my birth control failed.

There are lots and lots of women who don't want children and will be standing in line to get this. The flip side is peace of mind for women who don't want children ever.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, particularly when spoon-fed to the gullible by people with an agenda.

Highly doubtful that it exists; the spin-masters know how to turn a small amount of fact into a great deal of speculation and paranoia, especially when the "villain of choice" is identified with wealth and/or power.

Just how is a microchip supposed to control basic biological functions? There might be a theory or starting point, but any major advance usually has new problems and "glitches" to be worked out. Not the sort of thing the peddlers of "easy answers" and conspiracy theories want to admit.

Real "hard" science doesn't work the way it's portrayed in the "popular" press, but we all know what Barnum said.
Remote-Controlled Contraceptive | MIT Technology Review

Old 08-04-2015, 10:36 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,012,013 times
I think as a means of birth control for people who want it, this is amazing. No more forgetting to take the pill, no more running out for refills, etc.

OP I don't understand what you mean by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Am pro-eugenics because my life is unpleasant since my parents had no idea how to raise children, and now I'm in the same boat with my children.
I don't understand this OP, are you saying because you had parents who didn't know how to raise you, now you don't know how to raise your kids? My parents and IL's weren't the greatest parents (not the worst but not the best) but DH and I have definitely learned what not to do because of them!

Old 08-04-2015, 10:49 PM

116 posts, read 86,224 times
Sterilization..... hmmm.... where have we heard this before......

Old 08-05-2015, 03:29 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,086 times
I love what he's doing by giving away his fortune and trying to singlehandedly wipe out diseases like malaria, but a small part of me sometimes fears he's a savior in Sanger's clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events