Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They made the positions unpaid so no I-9 form needs to be filled out.
I guess they will get their compensation other ways then a paycheck.
That particular city is 97% Hispanic.
97% illegal or legal? Are Mexican Americans more tolerant of illegal immigrants? I wonder, or are they just in fear of them. That makes more sense.

We have sheriffs down by our border overworked because there aren't enough feds covering our border. It's difficult and dangerous because 1/2 of them are smuggling arms and drugs. People picture this nice family walking over the border ready to work hard fleeing oppression but a lot of it's illegal gang bangers doing a days work smuggling. They are armed and dangerous. Why do we welcome that to our country?

What most of them want is to get rid of the drug lords and criminals from their government so they can be happy in their own country. Allowing all those criminals and drug lords to come here isn't solving their problem it's just spreading it like a disease. People really need to wake up and smell the real issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 09:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

I'd love to have a country that has laws that are followed.
First we need a President who understands and works for Americans. Just amazing where our country has gone with 2 men in office.........neither President Bush or President Obama have worked for American interest. Seems our country is being taken over by foreigners and there is not much we can do about it.
Quote:
97% illegal or legal? Are Mexican Americans more tolerant of illegal immigrants? I wonder, or are they just in fear of them. That makes more sense.

We have sheriffs down by our border overworked because there aren't enough feds covering our border. It's difficult and dangerous because 1/2 of them are smuggling arms and drugs. People picture this nice family walking over the border ready to work hard fleeing oppression but a lot of it's illegal gang bangers doing a days work smuggling. They are armed and dangerous. Why do we welcome that to our country?

What most of them want is to get rid of the drug lords and criminals from their government so they can be happy in their own country. Allowing all those criminals and drug lords to come here isn't solving their problem it's just spreading it like a disease. People really need to wake up and smell the real issues.
Even more strange our own government is trusting gang members and drug dealers, to help them out. Yet, our government is afraid of recreational pot smokers and people who own guns legally.....go figure.

Last edited by wildflower82; 08-06-2015 at 09:12 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 09:16 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
First we need a President who understands and works for Americans. Just amazing where our country has gone with 2 men in office.........neither President Bush or President Obama have worked for American interest. Seems our country is being taken over by foreigners and there is not much we can do about it.

Even more strange our own government is trusting gang members and drug dealers, to help them out. Yet, our government is afraid of recreational pot smokers and people who own guns legally.....go figure.
Yes, well it's profit based like all else but it's time for the people to speak up because our small profits are sinking because of it. I hope to take back what's left of America. As much as people bash Trump, the reason he is up front is because of his stand against illegal immigration and outsourcing.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Default It was reported....

That the Mayor and council are violating Federal law by doing what they've done. From the reading of immigration laws it is illegal to encourage or entice someone to illegally enter or remain in the U.S.. If this isn't enticing or encouraging then what is?
The question is, will Obama allow the No-Justice department to do what it's legally required to do?
The next question is when will a citizen of said city step up and file suit or force the arrest of the Mayor et al?

Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is sad that the laws are not being enforced to prosecute these people that are in the country illegally. What kind of message is that sending to all the immigrants who have jumped through all the hoops and red tape to earn their green card. I think it is a real slap in the face to them.

It used to be a real accomplishment and source of pride to become an American citizen but now in the words of everyones favorite liberal hypocrite "What Difference does it make?"
Well said.

I know a person who became a recent citizen by following proper procedure and requirements. He proudly showed his citizenship card and talked of how proud he was to be an America. He even contacted me on the 4th of July to say that he knew it was a routine day for many Americans, but he was celebrating it in a special way and thanked God for this country.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:43 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Yes, well it's profit based like all else but it's time for the people to speak up because our small profits are sinking because of it. I hope to take back what's left of America. As much as people bash Trump, the reason he is up front is because of his stand against illegal immigration and outsourcing.
I think you are right about that. My husband, the Democrat in our family, said if the rich people in our country wanted these people to be gone they would be. In our family it is a bi-partisan agreement that our borders need to be closed and our country emptied of these criminals. Being illegal is a crime and our constitution says that anyone helping someone doing harm to our country is a traitor. That is a little stronger than the immigration laws. Sounds like we need to herd up a bunch of politicians, charge them with the crimes they are doing and the punishment for being a traitor is death.

I don't think I would want to put any politician to death but they certainly need to start doing their jobs or resign. When you take an oath to uphold the constitution; you are supposed to do it.

Trump's numbers prove America is behind a lawful, secure country. Why are other people running so scared to say so too? Maybe their backers with the money don't want them too. We think that is what is going on. These financial backers want an America where the salary is the same as in Third World Countries. They are coming close to accomplishing that.

And the idea that something cannot be done because there are so many of them needs to be rethought. "I can't" never could do anything; say "I'll try." That's wisdom from my mother.

We need to also make it illegal to give any financial aid to illegals and prosecute anyone hiring them. It is time for America to start favoring its own citizens. Right now we are being stomped on and chided because as the man said, "They are not going anywhere." Well as long as they are here, our country is not going anywhere either.

Last edited by NCN; 08-06-2015 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think you are right about that. My husband, the Democrat in our family, said if the rich people in our country wanted these people to be gone they would be. In our family it is a bi-partisan agreement that our borders need to be closed and our country emptied of these criminals. Being illegal is a crime and our constitution says that anyone helping someone doing harm to our country is a traitor. That is a little stronger than the immigration laws. Sounds like we need to herd up a bunch of politicians, charge them with the crimes they are doing and the punishment for being a traitor is death.

I don't think I would want to put any politician to death but they certainly need to start doing their jobs or resign. When you take an oath to uphold the constitution; you are supposed to do it.

Trump's numbers prove America is behind a lawful, secure country. Why are other people running so scared to say so too? Maybe their backers with the money don't want them too. We think that is what is going on. These financial backers want an America where the salary is the same as in Third World Countries. They are coming close to accomplishing that.

And the idea that something cannot be done because there are so many of them needs to be rethought. "I can't" never could do anything; say "I'll try." That's wisdom from my mother.

We need to also make it illegal to give any financial aid to illegals and prosecute anyone hiring them. It is time for America to start favoring its own citizens. Right now we are being stomped on and chided because as the man said, "They are not going anywhere." Well as long as they are here, our country is not going anywhere either.
Seems to me many from both sides go in with the fight to make a change and soon find out there is a small powerful group running our country. Some have even said outsiders are actually the big $$$$ holders to our government, this makes We The People nothing........yet our government wants to help the poor and gang members, more than the working person.

I agree with you on Trump, he may not say everything right or the way everyone wants to hear it, but his talk on Mexico and China is dead on!

Old 08-06-2015, 11:22 AM

12,222 posts, read 2,964,782 times
A country that doesn't protect its borders is like a woman who won't cross her legs!

Old 08-06-2015, 11:30 AM

12,222 posts, read 2,964,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is sad that the laws are not being enforced to prosecute these people that are in the country illegally. What kind of message is that sending to all the immigrants who have jumped through all the hoops and red tape to earn their green card. I think it is a real slap in the face to them.

It used to be a real accomplishment and source of pride to become an American citizen but now in the words of everyones favorite liberal hypocrite "What Difference does it make?"
What diff? I'd like to show them the once American neighborhoods me, my husband and our family and friends grew up in. Uncontrolled immigration is just invasion under a different name.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
A country that doesn't protect its borders is like a woman who won't cross her legs!
Umm, hadn't thought of it that way, this statement does get right to it. The problem, these have actually become the women many want to be. Even women with money want a stripper pole and a tattoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events