Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 04:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Comments on that site are better than the videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 05:03 PM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
CR: Backpedal? You really took that comment for people whining police brutality for a restraint video serious? Then again, did you not read the title for that other video I posted? Those kids, evidently, were whining that. Hyperbole nonsense.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_2 View Post
Right- so far you're not able to cite an example. Fourteen cops brutally restraining an unarmed handicapped man who has committed no crime isn't an example. What else have you got?
I have question. Are you suggesting that the 3 or 4 cops who subdued/restrained and held that handicapped man until he could be taken to the hospital for evaluation was "brutally restraining"? If so, than what real difference is there between that brutal restraining video and this one with the three citizens? What's your definition of brutal? If that video was brutal, than this one was worse! Hence, my statement that people would whine excessive force if these guys were police officers is verified, and by you of all people.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:07 PM

143 posts, read 96,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
CR: Backpedal? You really took that comment for people whining police brutality for a restraint video serious? Then again, did you not read the title for that other video I posted? Those kids, evidently, were whining that. Hyperbole nonsense.

I have question. Are you suggesting that the 3 or 4 cops who subdued/restrained and held that handicapped man until he could be taken to the hospital for evaluation was "brutally restraining"? If so, than what real difference is there between that brutal restraining video and this one with the three citizens? What's your definition of brutal? If that video was brutal, than this one was worse!

The difference is that the handicapped man had committed no crime. That would be clearly obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:14 PM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
Quote:
The difference is that the handicapped man had committed no crime. That would be clearly obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense.
And neither was he charged with one. From the story, I guess someone called the cops on him pertaining to his behavior or mental state. Nevertheless, this question was about restraint. And there wasn't much of a difference. If anything, the handicap man showed more of a resistance. Making things worse for himself.

I'm also curious. Did the police even know that he was handicap? His prosthetic leg wasn't revealed until after he was already on the ground.

Last edited by Truly Missouri; 08-19-2015 at 05:41 PM..

Old 08-19-2015, 05:17 PM

23,580 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, I'm getting kind of sick of reading news stories about the hundreds of people being killed daily by police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
"Hundreds"????

"Daily"???

Any links????
Quote:
As of today the total for 2015 is 731 but the day is still young....

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States in 2015
Quote:
I'm not the one who said hundreds daily. That was another poster. I was citing the number of people killed by police which is a number most people are unfamiliar with. It can be eye opening. Nice deflection attempt with the Isis reference though. That's a good one....

My fault for failing to also including the post you had quoted, where it was also asking about the 'hundreds daily'. You may have not been the one who originally said hundreds daily, but by quoting the post by Driller 1 and then posting that link, your response was aimed at trying to prove hundreds daily (maybe you should use that backpedal pic, that you'd posted, for yourself).

Old 08-19-2015, 05:18 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,665,200 times
The suspect had just changed his ways and was being an upstanding member of society when these white people jump him and made up a story about him committing a crime. You would cry too if that happened to you. It's so unfair in this society for minorities.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:20 PM

545 posts, read 594,709 times
Quote:
This is about restraint, not killings. There's another thread currently where a guy with a prosthetic leg was being restrained by police. No different than this one. But because it's cops, than it's excessive force.

I'll admit, this is kind of sad. The guy crying for what I think I heard him say, was for his son. Not being able to provide for him. Very sad. Nonetheless, I guarantee you, that before being restrained, he was nothing like that.
He should have thought about "providing" for his spawn in some other way....like getting a J O B!

Old 08-19-2015, 05:44 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Being held accountable for his actions

Quote:
LiveLeak.com - Good samaritans hold thug for police after attempted robbery

When citizens restrain a suspect like that, everyone praises them. And the thug? He cries. But when the cops do likewise, everyone whines police brutality.

Kudos to these citizens...
I believe he was crying because he was finally being held accountable for his actions in life -- caught in the act and held until he was arrested. He was looking for an easy prey and thought he had found it but when the MEN jumped in to come to her aide and check him for his behavior -- that surprised and scared him. Good for them. When he was blubbering at one point it sound like he said "I cain't hep mah sef" (I can't help myself). I didn't hear him say anything about a son and if you guys really believe him if he did say that he was doing this to provide for his child(ren), I have a golden gate bridge in Arizona that I'd like to sell you, sucker! I hope his mother don't come to the media and make a fool of herself by trying to defend him.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
And neither was he charged with one. From the story, I guess someone called the cops on him pertaining to his behavior or mental state. Nevertheless, this question was about restraint. And there wasn't much of a difference. If anything, the handicap man showed more of a resistance. Making things worse for himself.

I'm also curious. Did the police even know that he was handicap? His prosthetic leg wasn't revealed until after he was already on the ground.
Why don't you call the cops and ask if they knew he was handicapped? I'd guess they either didn't know or didn't care. All they care about is themselves.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
My fault for failing to also including the post you had quoted, where it was also asking about the 'hundreds daily'. You may have not been the one who originally said hundreds daily, but by quoting the post by Driller 1 and then posting that link, your response was aimed at trying to prove hundreds daily (maybe you should use that backpedal pic, that you'd posted, for yourself).

Maybe you should stop speaking for other people. Why would I conspicuously post the true number and try to claim hundreds daily? I beg to laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events