Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, that's the thing. She came from a very poor family; she has NO college degree and I'm sure she was homeschooled as well - she has NOWHERE to go.

They keep their women submissive and uneducated for a reason.

Will they never learn????

And poor. No college education; probably never worked outside the home. What really are her choices?
It's actually very sad. I'm sad for Anna and all of the Duggar girls. You're spot on with everything you just said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 AM

804 posts, read 1,074,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Pretty sure Huck's political advisors will duct-tape his mouth shut if they don't think he's smart enough to keep it shut on his own.

that he approves it because its not rape if you touch someones privates over their clothes and its not cheating if no one knew about it. lol

Old 08-20-2015, 09:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
I think the public sharing of hacked information is a despicable act. Maybe not as despicable as the acts Duggar is responsible for, but using that comparison as an excuse to support these POS hackers by sharing their stolen info is low.

Maybe only when hackers start sharing credit scores, bank account figures, and health records will more people show more concern about our privacy and less concern kibitzing over a fallen reality 'star'.

Just my .02.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:01 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
So, is the Gawker a tabloid type site? Is it considered legitimate? I have never heard of it.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:07 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think the public sharing of hacked information is a despicable act. Maybe not as despicable as the acts Duggar is responsible for, but using that comparison as an excuse to support these POS hackers by sharing their stolen info is low.

Maybe only when hackers start sharing credit scores, bank account figures, and health records will more people show more concern about our privacy and less concern kibitzing over a fallen reality 'star'.

Just my .02.
Oh, I'm hugely against it. But it happens. I don't think the hacking of the Ashley Madison site was a good thing AT ALL. I don't think anyone on here is supporting that.

But hey, if a piece of information becomes public, it's out there. I'm gonna feel free to comment on it. Especially when the hypocrite in question is trying to limit the rights of others just because their "lifestyle" doesn't fit with his beliefs. He does (or did) real harm to real people via his job with the FRC.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,757,886 times
I feel badly for his wife and kids. She will never leave him because the cult they belong to has brainwashed her into thinking she can't. As a practical matter, given her "education" she would have a hard time supporting herself and her children. I also think functioning in the real world (as opposed to the self-imposed bubble of like-minded thinkers they surround themselves with) would also be challenging for her.

And yes, I agree the hacking was wrong.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:22 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,611,270 times
The Bible has plenty to say about hypocrites and hypocrisy, and none of it is good. I am sure that Josh Duggar is familiar with Romans 2:3, but it sounds like maybe he needs to hear it again:

Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

I take no pleasure in any of this. Assuming this story is true, we have here a man who is committing adultery (at least in his heart, if not in body), a woman (his wife) who has been cheated on (emotionally even if not physically), and kids whose own father is being ridiculed and shamed in the public eye. These people are in a world of pain right now. And let's not forget whoever he hooked up with (if indeed he "did the deed" with anyone) who has also committed adultery and has caused the ripple of pain and betrayal to spread ever outward.

And for me, a Christian, perhaps the worst thing of all is that the Christ whom Josh Duggar proclaimed is being mocked and besmirched by the unbelievers because of this man's sin and hypocrisy.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:23 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Assuming this story is true, we have here a man who is committing adultery (at least in his heart, if not in body), a woman (his wife) who has been cheated on (emotionally even if not physically), and kids whose own father is being ridiculed and shamed in the public eye.
And kids whose father molested his own kid sisters, one as young as 5. Perhaps the biggest and most alarming issue from my perspective.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:30 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Glad I used Josh's name when I enrolled. Wonder if they found my Tom Cruise account?
They were explaining on the news this morning how many fake names and email addresses were used. I'm surprised Obama and Bush haven't shown up.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, that's the thing. She came from a very poor family; she has NO college degree and I'm sure she was homeschooled as well - she has NOWHERE to go.

They keep their women submissive and uneducated for a reason.

Will they never learn????

And poor. No college education; probably never worked outside the home. What really are her choices?
She could probably get a reality TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events