Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 08:37 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
She got Jesus AFTER she did all of those things.... so they don't matter anymore.....
Isn't part of being forgiven discontinuing the sin? She's continuing to sin by living with this man who is not her husband according to the exact same storybook she uses to justify her refusal to issue gay marriage licenses.

She's ignoring the bible and using modern laws to call her present partner her husband. But refuses to let SS couples use modern laws to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 01:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
According to the Bluegrass State Politics Twitter, she is "allowing" her deputy clerks to issue "unauthorized" additionally-altered certificates that have her name and title and the words "Rowan County Clerk" removed and replaced with "by authority of federal court order".

I'm not sure how that will sit with Judge Bunning, because while she technically *is* abiding by the court order by allowing deputy clerks to issue, she is still also calling those licenses "unauthorized", which could cause rightful concern for many couples, and making additional alterations to the legal document to remove even "Rowan County Clerk" from them.

What a stubborn egomaniac. This is not an accommodation. This is a lawless individual acting outside her authority and state law.
She should be removed from office for delitiction of duties and infringing on constitutional rights. At the point of infringing and breaking the constitution, it should be an auto atic removal from office. Impeachment should not even be nessicary. It is clear as day what she has done and continued to do while in office. She shouldnt be eligible to hold the office she is holding right now.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
She reminds us almost daily what being a Christian is all about.
Indeed... and then people wonder why interest in organized religion is fading...

I'm surprised she had time between her man-hopping to even read the Bible, and she sure skipped most sections. I can only assume there's a Cliff-Notes version, titled "Why you're going to heaven and everyone who's different than you ain't"

Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Isn't part of being forgiven discontinuing the sin? She's continuing to sin by living with this man who is not her husband according to the exact same storybook she uses to justify her refusal to issue gay marriage licenses.

She's ignoring the bible and using modern laws to call her present partner her husband. But refuses to let SS couples use modern laws to do the same.
That's the best part of this. If this useless, hypocritical clod were some near-perfect "little old lady" who married one man, never enjoyed anything in life, and followed all the stereotypical "neat, proper, and miserable" nonsense one would expect from a "perfect person," her sad outrage would at least be forgivable (though refusing to do her job would still be unacceptable.)

But, in reality, the woman in question is living completely "in sin" and is just as much in violation of her sacred story book as everyone else involved. It's nothing but selective hypocrisy - the usual crap where the far-right wing loons spout off about "how the Bible teaches us to hate the people who deserve it!" as they shave, toss on some mixed fabrics, and go off to eat at Red Lobster after working a bit on the Sabbath for the extra money. Idiots!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:36 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
She reminds us almost daily what being a Christian is all about.
I'm sad that you and others out there think this is what being a Christian is all about.

This Northeastern Roman Catholic was never even once preached to about homosexuals or hatred of any kind. And I attended CCD from 1st-9th grade and regularly attended mass as a child, including children's masses. My parents still volunteer for our church. So I have a lot of church exposure. I didn't even know Christians were supposed to hate gays until the media told me so. I never, ever had that experience as a Christian. But I suppose a lot of this comes down to my location. Churches here, while not perfect, are more about helping others than hating them. Truly.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
That's the best part of this. If this useless, hypocritical clod were some near-perfect "little old lady" who married one man, never enjoyed anything in life, and followed all the stereotypical "neat, proper, and miserable" nonsense one would expect from a "perfect person," her sad outrage would at least be forgivable (though refusing to do her job would still be unacceptable.)

But, in reality, the woman in question is living completely "in sin" and is just as much in violation of her sacred story book as everyone else involved. It's nothing but selective hypocrisy - the usual crap where the far-right wing loons spout off about "how the Bible teaches us to hate the people who deserve it!" as they shave, toss on some mixed fabrics, and go off to eat at Red Lobster after working a bit on the Sabbath for the extra money. Idiots!

Talk about judgmental. And miserable.

Sounds like someone needs a little "somethin' somethin'," and fast.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:48 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'm sad that you and others out there think this is what being a Christian is all about.
Until the Christian faith calls people like her out, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

Until the Christian faith kicks her out of the congregation, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

Until the Christian faith re-educates or replaces her pastor, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

It's time for the Christian faith to stop acting like they are not part of the problem by simply denying that people like her, like those that support her, like those who preached to her, are not "true Christians".

This *is* Christianity in America. Own up about it and do something.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:18 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Until the Christian faith calls people like her out, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

Until the Christian faith kicks her out of the congregation, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

Until the Christian faith re-educates or replaces her pastor, then yes, this is the Christian faith.

It's time for the Christian faith to stop acting like they are not part of the problem by simply denying that people like her, like those that support her, like those who preached to her, are not "true Christians".

This *is* Christianity in America. Own up about it and do something.
"The Christian faith," as if it's one cohesive thing. There are various branches of Christianity - Catholicism and Protestantism, then Roman Catholic, Irish Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Episcopalian, Mormon, Baptist etc etc. There is no one "Christian faith".

For one, the Pope would denounce her actions. This one in particular has urged people to loosen their strict ideals regarding homosexuality and gay marriage. He preaches to not hate and discriminate. He is meeting with gay Christians in the White House, in fact, when he comes here. No hate from him. But he cannot control HER actions. He can tell her it's wrong, but he cannot do a thing about her thoughts.

Christians, at least ones I know, try not to judge others. If she wants to continue going to church, fine, but she needs to go to confession, if she were Roman Catholic at least, and repent for her sins - yes sins including being hateful. That's what a Roman Catholic priest would say. You want to stay a pure Catholic, then repent. Be sorry. If you don't, God knows you're not and he will judge you accordingly. We don't have the right to kick you out of church for your thoughts, but a true Christian will believe she will pay if she deserves it.

Her pastor may not have a lot of pull regarding her thoughts. Why should her pastor be punished for what she thinks? We don't all think alike. We can't police her thoughts or actions. Someone else shouldn't pay for her thoughts.

Quit insinuating that as another Christian, it is my job to deal with her and change her. It's not. I'm not even part of the same branch of Christianity as her. A true Christian believes God will judge her accordingly for what she's done. How she chooses to interpret the Bible or preachings is not our problem. I have no control over her. The most I can do is say she's wrong, like I already have been.

This is NOT Christianity in America. This is NOT Roman Catholicism in New Jersey. This imbecile is NOT my responsibility. And as a Christian, I won't apologize for people like her. I just act differently myself and denounce what she chooses to do. We are not all the same. Stop acting like we are.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 09-22-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I found it interesting that her mother held the job before her and her son is also a deputy. Not relevant, but the amazing thing to me is in this tiny little town she is making $80,000 a year. Really? They pay someone that much money in a little town? Our town of about the same population only has a part time county clerk and pays $30,000 a year. My perspective on this is that if she can't do the job she was hired to do she should resign or be fired.
It's call nepotism

Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
She is a black eye for Christian faith.

She should be forced to resign.

I also wonder why some Podunk county clerk in Kentucky is making 80k. Few skills needed for that job, 40k max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events