U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:06 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,598,981 times

Advertisements

bout as smart as the man a few years ago who wanted to demonstrate that the glass windows in his high rise was unbreakable by running into it .. HA !! It was`nt ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 AM

15,511 posts, read 12,506,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
bout as smart as the man a few years ago who wanted to demonstrate that the glass windows in his high rise was unbreakable by running into it .. HA !! It was`nt ..
A wise man does not use him self as the subject to prove a safety feature works.

He gets cousin Billy-Boy to do it.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-04-2015, 08:30 AM

11,759 posts, read 5,207,444 times
God's Gun Control

Mick

Old 09-04-2015, 08:42 AM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
"Hey y'all, watch this."

Legal firearm?

Excluded owner?

As a Firearms/Hunter Safety Instructor this sort of **** drives me nuts.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:52 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,643,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"Hey y'all, watch this."

Legal firearm?

Excluded owner?

As a Firearms/Hunter Safety Instructor this sort of **** drives me nuts.

And sadly, stories like this become more fodder for the anti-gun nuts in trying to further advance their agenda.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:57 AM

4,015 posts, read 4,853,426 times
True story: I have a friend in his mid-40's, single, drinks from dawn til dusk on his days off. Never really grew up after highschool, etc. You know the type.....

Well, last week, he texts me a couple pictures of him holding his gun, gangster style. Why he has a gun, I have no idea. But I honestly don't think he's smart enough to own a gun and is drunk often enough that I could see him doing something stupid like this guy did.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:00 AM

15,511 posts, read 12,506,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And sadly, stories like this become more fodder for the anti-gun nuts in trying to further advance their agenda.
Although I do not own any firearms I oppose most gun-control laws.

Gun control is not needed if we have adequate idiot control.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-04-2015, 09:04 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,643,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
True story: I have a friend in his mid-40's, single, drinks from dawn til dusk on his days off. Never really grew up after highschool, etc. You know the type.....

Well, last week, he texts me a couple pictures of him holding his gun, gangster style. Why he has a gun, I have no idea. But I honestly don't think he's smart enough to own a gun and is drunk often enough that I could see him doing something stupid like this guy did.

I know an older gentleman who has a conceal carry, drinks quite a bit, and carries when he is drinking...and driving. He is quite the hot head as well, and honestly I'm suprised I haven't heard about him on the news yet.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:43 AM

5,480 posts, read 4,554,733 times
We as gun owners must police ourselves, and encourage others to fallow gun safety rules for the sake of the whole country.
This is something honorable ethnic groups do to provide a good relationship with others out side their group .
If you see some one about to do something incorrect , try and reason with them, and show or hand the pamphlet of safety rules.
With a note to them," that by being careless it endanger the sport/privilege/right, for every one."

Old 09-04-2015, 12:40 PM

7,591 posts, read 5,102,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Lmao! I'm sorry not funny but my God this just shows how many people are idiots and all
In the name of trying to prove a point-dude was it worth it? Or nah. Smh. The more stories that come out about accidental shootings in the home of gun owners really indicates the number of irresponsible, uneducated people that own them. I don't have a problem with gun-ownership but it's scary the number of people that should know better and make these silly mistakes. Smh.
This incident reminds me of when I went through Army basic training in the 60's. The day we handled rifles for the first time, our Drill Instructor said the following "The most dangerous thing in the world is a civilian with a loaded weapon. You, and the guy next to you, may be wearing a uniform, but don't kid yourselves. You are still a civilian, and if you want to live to become a soldier, you had better pay attention to what I'm telling you. Making a mistake with a firearm is permanent, not even God can fix it."

I grew up with guns and knew some basic safety rules, but that little speech from that D.I. really stuck with me. I'm starting to see more & more evidence every day that he was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or