Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 11:10 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,602,681 times

Advertisements

Well, this just gets crazier and crazier every time you take a bathroom break and come back. Now her lawyers are saying that she deliberately intends to continue defying the court order. If that's true, she'll be back in the can by Thursday, and this time it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to wiggle out.

lawyers-vow-kim-davis-will-violate-court-order-and-halt-marriage-licenses-after-release-from-jail

Quote:
Just minutes after a judge ordered Kim Davis released from jail on Tuesday, her lawyers told CNN that she would violate a court order by forcing her clerks to stop issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

An order from U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning said on Tuesday that Davis would be released after serving six days in jail on the condition that she “shall not interfere in any way, directly or indirectly, with the efforts of her deputy clerks to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples.”

CNN correspondent Martin Savidge, who was at the jail, explained following the order that her attorney, Harry Mihet, said that the judge had ordered the release because her office had satisfied the court by issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples while she was behind bars.

“The problem here is that the attorney says she has not changed her mind, that Kim Davis is adamant that as long as her name appears on those marriage licenses, she objects and she will attempt to stop those licenses from being distributed,” Savidge reported. “Which means if she goes back on the job as is expected, she will bring the process to a halt. That’s what her attorneys believe.”

Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,316,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
Do polygamists need protection too? How about a priest attracted to little boys? You can't protect sexual preference.
Oh, the tired old slippery slope fallacy again. Yawn.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:43 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,902,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Education is key.

She did all of those things BEFORE she became a Christian. I know it is really hard not to try and throw stones at a Christian as often as possible, but she did NONE of those things while she held any Christian beliefs.

The state of Kentucky did not allow SSM when she won the election.
As a Christian I'm sure she read Matthew 22:21 or Romans 13:1-7. You can't cherry pick the scriptures you want to adhere to.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:03 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,804,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Well, this just gets crazier and crazier every time you take a bathroom break and come back. Now her lawyers are saying that she deliberately intends to continue defying the court order. If that's true, she'll be back in the can by Thursday, and this time it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to wiggle out.

lawyers-vow-kim-davis-will-violate-court-order-and-halt-marriage-licenses-after-release-from-jail
Well, it is a very confusing situation.

But as I understand it, Hockabee will be serving her time in jail (should it come to that again) instead, So there is some good news out of this.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:07 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,446,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
As a Christian I'm sure she read Matthew 22:21 or Romans 13:1-7. You can't cherry pick the scriptures you want to adhere to.
Eh, why not. Welcome to the world of a la carte laws/rules following that many of us feel our "leaders" practice often. Pick and choose what laws/rules one wants to follow/don't follow and rationalize it all in the end. Slice/dice/mince the laws until they bend to one's "reality"......". No surprise that this game would trickle down to the commoners.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:06 AM

10,105 posts, read 19,349,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Her religious beliefs forbid her from cutting her hair.

Well, at least condition and trim it, looks like a rat's nest

Ummm...I consider myself Christian, too, but where in the Bible does it state women must look like old hags?

Old 09-09-2015, 03:26 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,417,362 times
Where is the GoFundMe link to help defray the cost of keeping Huckabee in jail for the next 8 years?

Old 09-09-2015, 04:49 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post

Quote:
Just minutes after a judge ordered Kim Davis released from jail on Tuesday, her lawyers told CNN that she would violate a court order by forcing her clerks to stop issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

An order from U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning said on Tuesday that Davis would be released after serving six days in jail on the condition that she “shall not interfere in any way, directly or indirectly, with the efforts of her deputy clerks to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples.”

CNN correspondent Martin Savidge, who was at the jail, explained following the order that her attorney, Harry Mihet, said that the judge had ordered the release because her office had satisfied the court by issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples while she was behind bars.

“The problem here is that the attorney says she has not changed her mind, that Kim Davis is adamant that as long as her name appears on those marriage licenses, she objects and she will attempt to stop those licenses from being distributed,” Savidge reported. “Which means if she goes back on the job as is expected, she will bring the process to a halt. That’s what her attorneys believe.”
Her name has been removed from the certificates, it just says Rowen County with no name and the signature of the issuing deputy clerk on them now. That issue has been addressed.

Marriage licenses issued since Friday in Rowan County were altered to remove Kim Davis' name

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-09-2015 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: Added link

Old 09-09-2015, 04:50 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Well, at least condition and trim it, looks like a rat's nest

Ummm...I consider myself Christian, too, but where in the Bible does it state women must look like old hags?
Hey now...... She doesn't look a thing like me.

I've taught some kids from those families, they aren't even allowed to trim their hair.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
They had to let her out sometime, after all, what were they going to do, give her life for just contempt ? That is cruel and unusual punishment, IMO.

Like it or not, the woman has her religious convictions and one of them is that men marrying men and women marrying women is against those beliefs. To be honest, I think it is pretty weird too. No wonder kids today are so confused, no one knows who is what any more.
Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.