U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:22 PM

847 posts, read 1,124,985 times

Advertisements

Kim Davis enjoys religious freedom and Italian food (comedy sketch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yS1lT-LfFk

Old 09-08-2015, 02:23 PM

305 posts, read 182,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Boys and girls can we refrain from the ad hominem attacks on Ms. Davis, there are more than enough issues that have arisen from this case to ridicule.
Hmm, soft spot for Ms. Bigot, oops, I meant to say Ms. Davis, have we?

Old 09-08-2015, 02:29 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,014,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Having read some of the background material about her prior request to the governor and the legislature to remove her personal duties for issuing marriage licenses, her late coming to Jesus, and the how right wing groups like these lawyers from the Liberty whatever use these folks like tools, yeah, I guess you might say that have a soft spot reserved for Ms Davis.

Signed an Atheist with an Christian educated heart.

5,464 posts, read 2,500,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Apparently those beliefs didn't prevent her from getting married four times and having babies with a bunch of different men. And those beliefs didn't prevent her from accepting a job that she is apparently unable to perform.
She didn't convert to Christianity until 4 years ago. All the stuff you mention happened long before that, when she was a non-believer. Like you.

Quote:
She needs to resign. If you can't do you job, resign. She apparently is unable to distinguish between civil marriage (a nonreligious contract between two people) and religious marriage, so if she's that stupid, she's probably unfit for any type of employment.
The state has a provision in its law to accommodate religious objections. That should be invoked in this case.

And this has nothing to do with civil vs: religious marriages. It has to do with issuing the license, no matter who performed the ceremony. So before you call her "stupid" maybe you should be sure you understand the actual problem.

40,114 posts, read 24,362,017 times
Quote:
Apparently those beliefs didn't prevent her from getting married four times and having babies with a bunch of different men. And those beliefs didn't prevent her from accepting a job that she is apparently unable to perform.

She needs to resign. If you can't do you job, resign. She apparently is unable to distinguish between civil marriage (a nonreligious contract between two people) and religious marriage, so if she's that stupid, she's probably unfit for any type of employment.
She converted to her faith after her wilder days. Like many converts, she is extremely devout. She has stated how grateful she is to God for forgiving her for her earlier sins, and seems very sincere in her beliefs. I don't disrespect her or her beliefs. I also don't think she should use the authority of the government to impose her beliefs on others.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:32 PM

17,002 posts, read 20,682,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Her religious beliefs forbid her from cutting her hair.
I wonder if she uses the hair to wipe her a**?

Quote:

LOL....wasn't aware of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Education is key.

She did all of those things BEFORE she became a Christian. I know it is really hard not to try and throw stones at a Christian as often as possible, but she did NONE of those things while she held any Christian beliefs.

The state of Kentucky did not allow SSM when she won the election.
Being a Christian means being tolerant of others. The late Mother Theresa was a Christian, when taking care of the sick and poor she didn't stop to ask them if they were Catholic and shared her beliefs.

Ms. Davis is free to believe what she wants to believe off the clock, why doesn't she quit her high paying job with good benefits( I bet there aren't many in her area) if she is so offended? Than I might have some respect for her.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:34 PM

40,114 posts, read 24,362,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You could argue that but it is factually incorrect to claim

"And those beliefs didn't prevent her from accepting a job that she is apparently unable to perform".
It isn't incorrect to claim that. Because it doesn't matter which law was changed. New laws are passed, old laws are changed practically every day, and as a government official, it's necessary to perform your job according to the law, without partiality (something she swore to God to do). So she wasn't prepared to perform her job impartially, because she believed when she took office that her religious beliefs took precedence over her civil obligations.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:39 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,500,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I wonder if she uses the hair to wipe her a**?
Classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Being a Christian means being tolerant of others.
Yes, but she shouldn't have to throw her religious liberty out the window when 2 gay guys step into the office. She has a right to sincere religious objection. What should happen here is that the state should remove her from the list of those issuing marriage licenses. There is a provision in Kentucky law for religious objections and their accommodation.

Being Liberal means being tolerant of others... unless you disagree with them, right? Then its open season on them and you are free to mock, denigrate, shame and berate them, right? How tolerant.

Stay classy.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:40 PM

11,758 posts, read 5,547,783 times
Ok, we are back to where she should have been in the first place - i.e., take her name off the certificate forms, and don't let her impede other employees from issuing a marriage certificate. No one would have objected to that accommodation.

So we wasted court, attorney general and jail resources for nothing basically. But I am glad that Raffy Cruz and Huckabee were able to pander to that crowd and get the much needed airtime.

I am sure that this grandstanding has landed her a place in heaven. But then again, the Lord may have missed this episode, considering he is overseeing all 7 billion people on earth 60/60/24/7.

Mick

Old 09-08-2015, 02:40 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
While I don't agree with Ms. Davis views, I don't think that mocking her looks, religion or personal failings with regards to it are a classy or effective way to promote gay rights.

Since when is treating people respectfully in a disagreement having a "soft spot"?

Or are you one of those posters that like to refer to Hillary as "Cankles" as some sort of rebuttal to her candidacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events