Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times

Advertisements

All these religious fakers are the reason so many stay away from the church. Who needs it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 04:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
All these religious fakers are the reason so many stay away from the church. Who needs it????
This. +++++

Not me, that's for sure.

My old dad had a saying, not very polite, about those who preach the bible with one hand and xyz with the other.

This guys entire life was based on Lies.

That's what caused his suicide - he was found out. And not man enough to face up to his own actions.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
I feel for his family.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:42 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Some clergy are immoral charlatans, some surgeons lack necessary skill, some cucumbers turn out to be contaminated with Salmonella, some airplanes crash, and some people drive while intoxicated …

Best not to allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good ...

People are just people, and sometimes stuff happens …

Relax … Take a couple deep breaths …

One Day at a Time … Take it Easy … Let Go and Let God ...

Old 09-09-2015, 04:49 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Taking your own life seems way too extreme to warrant taking one's own life. But people respond to controversy differently.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Some clergy are immoral charlatans, some surgeons lack necessary skill, some cucumbers turn out to be contaminated with Salmonella, some airplanes crash, and some people drive while intoxicated …

Best not to allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good ...

People are just people, and sometimes stuff happens …

Relax … Take a couple deep breaths …

One Day at a Time … Take it Easy … Let Go and Let God ...
I'm sorry, but a surgeon actually has a tangible job that does tangible work on a tangible body.

Clergy are all about peddling Stories, of one variety or another. At the end of the day, no actual proof exists for any of it, yet Clergy just expect others to believe and follow, and reject any other interpretations!

To add insult to injury, we now find this guy did not even believe his own stories - it was a case of Do As I Say, not Do As I Do. And he got PAID for it!

Let alone the sheer hypocrisy displayed by suiciding = Abuse to God's Creation! Any True Christian feels suicide impossible and the polar opposite of all they believe!

This guy was nothing but a fake. And yes I too feel extremely sorry for his innocent family who also trusted him and must be devastated.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:02 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Hmm. That's a shame, to his family especially, but actions have consequence and if anyone is relying on the security model of a website to protect them, they've got another thing coming. If you're a "pastor," probably don't want to be involved in that sort of social-fringe activity like a cheater's website. That level of risk is intolerable to certain people and professions, pretty obviously. Professions tied to "perceived public image" especially so.

He gambled, he lost big, and couldn't do the time associated with the crime (so to speak). That's that. What an unfortunate decision, or series of decisions, he made...indeed.

I'd never be involved with any website whatsoever that I couldn't have my posts read out loud to 1) a judge, in open court 2) my priest, on the pulpit in mass 3) my mom (were she alive) 4) my partner or spouse, if I had either at-current. 5) all my friends, individually or collectively. Knowing quite a bit about "IT Security" and how dumb some of these site operators are, and how sophisticated the tech is to crack very UNsophisticated passwords, that's just how it has to be these days. Sites like that, Facebook, and other social media are basically playing Russian Roulette with your reputation (or worse) anymore.

I'm skating on the thinnest ice (veneer of anonymity) on this site, e.g. What do I care? Involve yourself with Ashley Madison, smut sites, warez, all the rest of that shady or illegal or (at-minimum) socially-unacceptable side of the Internet, you'll lose eventually. Pretty obviously. I think most of them want to be caught, on some level. I'm no puritan, but at least fully understand the consequences of my actions. At all times.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:07 PM

545 posts, read 594,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Pastor Outed On Ashley Madison Commits Suicide

CNN is also reporting that a number of other suicides are being investigated to determine whether they are related to the Ashley Madison scandal. Not that I have any sympathy for people who cheat on their spouses, but it's a tragedy when someone feels they need to take their life over something like this, and compound the pain they've already inflicted on their families. My sympathies to their loved one.
Selfish for engaging in a quickie on AM website and then when they get caught, just off themselves selfishly!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:13 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I'm sorry, but a surgeon actually has a tangible job that does tangible work on a tangible body.

Clergy are all about peddling Stories, of one variety or another. At the end of the day, no actual proof exists for any of it, yet Clergy just expect others to believe and follow, and reject any other interpretations!

To add insult to injury, we now find this guy did not even believe his own stories - it was a case of Do As I Say, not Do As I Do. And he got PAID for it!

Let alone the sheer hypocrisy displayed by suiciding = Abuse to God's Creation! Any True Christian feels suicide impossible and the polar opposite of all they believe!

This guy was nothing but a fake. And yes I too feel extremely sorry for his innocent family who also trusted him and must be devastated.
You are inclined toward judgment and against mercy … I get it …

You despise all clergy … I (retired clergy) get that too …

I feel sorry for you and for the others in your life who are subject to your self righteousness …

Lighten up ...

Old 09-09-2015, 05:33 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Most did nothing except "try" to cheat. Numerous persons paid for "permanent" deletion of their profile but we know how that turned out - apparently this is embarrassing enough that several persons have killed themselves.

The CEO should be so proud.
Is there any hard evidence that any suicides have been because of data from AM being leaked?

There are about 40,000 suicides in the U.S. each year. With a population of just under 400 million that's about 1 in 10,000. Or 100 in a million. With millions of names allegedly exposed, one could statistically expect several hundred of them committing suicide within a year for completely unrelated reasons.

With a population sample of several million, AM customers or not, cheaters or not, you could expect the full range of human behaviour in substantial numbers. Many will commit crimes or be crime victims, become bankrupt or hit the jackpot, get married or divorced, find a job or lose a job, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events