U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 09:40 AM

22,415 posts, read 9,522,108 times

Advertisements

His next sign will read "Make America Great With Hate Again!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

464 posts, read 346,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Really?

Right in the Pledge of Allegiance are the words "...with liberty and justice for all."

Maybe you haven't heard it for so long, you forget the words...
Liberty and justice for conservative white males only!!!!

21,624 posts, read 14,401,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democrats shoulden't be allowed to sing God Bless America as they hate God and America.

Republicans should have to pass a basic skills test before they can vote. Multiple choice, and no questions about the Bible or guns permitted.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:44 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,396,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960
WASHBURN, Tenn. (WATE) – At Jeff Amyx’s hardware store in Grainger County, Tennessee there’s no smoking and no service without shoes and a shirt, but what’s causing all the commotion is his “no gays allowed” rule.
Thats stupid.....In todays PC world,im surprised he isnt being sued!!

Quite risky!!

Old 09-13-2015, 09:50 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,841,117 times
What's his point with the sign, anyway?

He says he doesn't hate the people, he hates the sin.

Well, have gays gone into his store and had sex there?

Or is there something sinful in a gay person buying a wrench or box of tacks?

Or maybe he is afraid that just the mention of 'hardware' will cause gays to organize an orgy in his store? Maybe he doesn't want to sell them 'screws'? What about a 'hammer'?

Now that I think about it, gays allowed or not, his store is a veritable den of sin! He should close it immediately! Has he given any thought at all about his immortal soul????

Old 09-13-2015, 10:11 AM

4,082 posts, read 3,108,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Christianity in action. God Bless America.
If you people think this is bad just wait until the Muslims take over the world and start hunting down and killing the gays. At least this guy is not that extreme.

The moral of my post is: it could be a lot worse.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:20 AM

364 posts, read 200,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
If you people think this is bad just wait until the Muslims take over the world and start hunting down and killing the gays. At least this guy is not that extreme.

The moral of my post is: it could be a lot worse.
Tick Tock

Minneapolis' ISIS problem - Business Insider

Old 09-13-2015, 12:36 PM

32,655 posts, read 16,691,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thats stupid.....In todays PC world,im surprised he isnt being sued!!
Perhaps you have the wrong idea of "today's PC world" ?

Old 09-13-2015, 01:07 PM

1,618 posts, read 1,624,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHBURN, Tenn. (WATE) – At Jeff Amyx’s hardware store in Grainger County, Tennessee there’s no smoking and no service without shoes and a shirt, but what’s causing all the commotion is his “no gays allowed” rule.

Amyx said he has received bundles of hate mail after he posted a controversial “No Gays Allowed” sign outside his store in Washburn. However, he says the sign has only brought more people in to the store. Now, he’s printing anti-gay messages on hats and bumper stickers.

Tennessee store owner sells out of anti-gay merchandise | WJTV.com
Wonderful! I'd like to get a flag that either is a rainbow with a crossed-out sign over it or one that is black/gray/white instead of rainbow coloured. These people are being ridiculous and it's about time someone retaliated. Whenever I get to opening up my store, one of the first things I'm going to post is a sign saying that it is my right to refuse service to whomever I please. It would be nice for me to refuse service to someone just so I can see if the government will try to illegally force me to serve someone I won't, but then I'm such a sucker for business, I can't see how I would refuse anyone buying stuff from me, unless they were acting like way out of line or something. I wouldn't refuse service to gays or anything, that just isn't being very nice to everyone like we're supposed to be.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:14 PM

2,634 posts, read 1,125,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Amyx said he has received bundles of hate mail after he posted a controversial “No Gays Allowed” sign outside his store in Washburn. However, he says the sign has only brought more people in to the store. Now, he’s printing anti-gay messages on hats and bumper stickers.

Tennessee store owner sells out of anti-gay merchandise | WJTV.com
Republicans are a bunch of intolerant religious nutsies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or