Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:10 PM

161 posts, read 166,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
What a sad, sad way to go through life.
I find his sentence to be pretty humorous in its schizophrenia. First it sounds like he's communicating some version of Christian theology on sin-- then he says that we are all pond scum-- which is an agnostic/atheistic view. You can be a christian that believes in evolution, of course, but to say that we are all scum is certainly not a christian view held by many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,545,428 times
How about a store sign that says, ''No bigots allowed.''
Now that would really drive down business, wouldn't it?
You betcha!

Old 09-15-2015, 10:16 PM

15,776 posts, read 21,287,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Pond scum?

Not really. The Bible teaches our best works are like filthy rags, but the original text describes "menstrual cloths". I prefer pond scum. We are so lost and depraved without the Savior. But we are often so full of pride and ego that we refuse to accept salvation.

No pride in pond scum.

At least we can be forgiven and made into new creations. That's really great news! And so easy. My life is so full of joy. But I can't forget the pond from whence I came.
Well it's no surprise that some Christians hate everyone else when some interpretations of the Bible encourage you to hate yourself. How sad.

See a Rabbi about your problem. Yeesh.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:38 AM

17,618 posts, read 13,433,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
He's disappointed in the disobedience of all of us. I love believing in the Bible. It's so cut-and-dry, black and white, good and bad, right and wrong. It's easy. And I've found joy in abundance as a believer.

I'd say the fact the store owner sells out is because there are many Americans, not just in TN, who believe homosexuality is wrong. Not that anyone cares what they think so why make an issue of it? You don't care what Christian's think. We don't care what you think. We can all agree to disagree. And if we all end up in heaven, well the joke will be on us, won't it?

We are all sinners. Your sin is no worse than my sin. None of us deserve forgiveness. We are pond scum.
Well, a long, long, long, long, long, long time ago we were pond scum.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,190,784 times
True Christians, those who believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, understand that they are dead, decaying corpses without salvation. Those who sugar coat are doing an injustice to their followers.

But back on topic:
I think if the guy were selling t-shirts bashing Christians we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events