U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:06 AM

22,438 posts, read 10,390,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
...Most of us don't give it a second thought. ...
And that's the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 12:09 AM

747 posts, read 609,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It doesn't bother me as much as you think. If the cop was from my town, I would do it in person. I would take it up with the mayor directly. Fortunately, my area doesn't have cops that act like teenage girls on facebook.

Frankly, if I went to a business establishment in my military uniform and asked to use the restroom and was denied because it was policy, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. That's the problem with you liberals. You have no respect for private establishments and businesses. You feel entitled to everything.
*I* don't feel entitled one iota ... I, being a civilian, wouldn't even ask to use the bathroom unless I bought something.
It's a loser move to not let a cop use the bathroom. And, trust me, I'm no cop-worshipper.
How do you know what the cops in your town post on Facebook? You're on all their pages?

Old 09-21-2015, 12:18 AM

24,503 posts, read 35,420,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
*I* don't feel entitled one iota ... I, being a civilian, wouldn't even ask to use the bathroom unless I bought something.
It's a loser move to not let a cop use the bathroom. And, trust me, I'm no cop-worshipper.
How do you know what the cops in your town post on Facebook? You're on all their pages?
If you read the article, the cop was not a customer. If the business has policies, employees must follow those policies. Maybe one day you'll own a business or work at one and understand that.

I know about 80% of the cops around here. Half them served in the military with me at one point or another. They don't pull this kind of low quality whining.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:23 AM

22,699 posts, read 16,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually that is even worse. How about contacting the Starbucks directly, not to get the employee fired but talk to the manager about this situation?

This just made a situation worse that could have been easily straightened out, with horror of horrors some direct communication.

It's no different that these people who post on Yelp about a bad experience, but do nothing directly like contacting the owner/ manager of the business their slamming to complain about their gripe while the problem is occurring to see if it can be rectified.

You want to complain about being wronged, fine, but start directly with the ones who caused the situation in PRIVATE, and not on FB badmouthing them.

Very juvenile to go on FB like a teenage girl and whine.
I don't consider it whining. It's a medium that the company gives to the public to bring up situations like this. If you notice, in this, and the stories I posted, those companies responded very quickly. In the case of the Whataburger incident with the employee stating that the company had a policy of not serving cops, (which is absolute horse pucky), first of all, it was a WITNESS that tweeted Whataburger after hours. Within 90 minutes, Whataburger responded...AFTER hours. I'd say it's an excellent way to get the problem resolved quickly and efficiently.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:47 AM

747 posts, read 609,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you read the article, the cop was not a customer. If the business has policies, employees must follow those policies. Maybe one day you'll own a business or work at one and understand that.

I know about 80% of the cops around here. Half them served in the military with me at one point or another. They don't pull this kind of low quality whining.
Oh, I see ... Because military types don't ever 'whine.' Got it.

Just admit the barista saw her opportunity to be an authoritative creep to the cop so she took it.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:13 AM

3,051 posts, read 1,671,588 times
Hey she can deny the PO the use of the bathroom. Just remember the next time she gets pulled over. I am sure they wont issue a warning. Always more than one way to skin a cat. I cant tell you how many times we had an issue with someone and then a few months later we had the joy of running into that person. Karma!!

Old 09-21-2015, 08:17 AM

9,551 posts, read 10,302,330 times
I've found myself in need of a restroom many times and stop into whatever coffee shop is located nearby. 99% of the time it's without incident. While I can understand the policy of a lot of these shops, it's also wise to point out usually when I leave the restroom and find myself standing in said shop, I usually get the urge to buy a coffee anyway or some drink anyway.

Only once was I denied access for not being a paying customer, to which I responded I would buy something after I use the restroom. (i'm not going to take my food into the bathroom and I legit was going to get a coffee and bagel). They made me buy it first. I went to another store down the street. I'm sorry but that is gross.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:18 AM

726 posts, read 699,364 times
If I really needed a toilet that bad I wouldn't even ****ing ask. I'd just barge in. Upsetting the toilet owner is vastly preferable to the alternative.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:34 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,524,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually that is even worse. How about contacting the Starbucks directly, not to get the employee fired but talk to the manager about this situation?

This just made a situation worse that could have been easily straightened out, with horror of horrors some direct communication.

It's no different that these people who post on Yelp about a bad experience, but do nothing directly like contacting the owner/ manager of the business their slamming to complain about their gripe while the problem is occurring to see if it can be rectified.

You want to complain about being wronged, fine, but start directly with the ones who caused the situation in PRIVATE, and not on FB badmouthing them.

Very juvenile to go on FB like a teenage girl and whine.
You mean like all the people who do this exact same thing every time they feel "slighted" (either real or imagined) by the Police? How about those that try and get a cop fired or disciplined for just doing his job like writing a ticket?

Old 09-21-2015, 08:55 AM

22,438 posts, read 10,390,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Hey she can deny the PO the use of the bathroom. Just remember the next time she gets pulled over. I am sure they wont issue a warning. Always more than one way to skin a cat. I cant tell you how many times we had an issue with someone and then a few months later we had the joy of running into that person. Karma!!
And there's the problem -- you take "joy" (your word choice) in getting even.

And that's not even mentioning the researched FACT that cops tend to give warnings more to women than men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or