Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:51 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,140,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I happen to be a Realist, and I doubt that our collective human family will in fact come to our senses and act accordingly …

We have already reached a tipping point, from which we cannot now save ourselves … The best we will be able to do is some mitigation as civilization falls apart around us due to ever deepening ecological catastrophes … But at least we can do that ...
Not to be a jerk about this, but...

How many times in the previous thousands of generations of humanity has this statement been made, do you think?

Answer: probably in almost every single one.

And yet here we still are, muddling along as we've been doing for thousands of years. And countless generations in the future will state the very same thing and will look back and comment how simple and bucolic our era was, and wish for our simpler times.

Understanding and acknowledging that is being a Realist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:57 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,580,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Not to be a jerk about this, but...

How many times in the previous thousands of generations of humanity has this statement been made, do you think?

Answer: probably in almost every single one.

And yet here we still are, muddling along as we've been doing for thousands of years. And countless generations in the future will state the very same thing and will look back and comment how simple and bucolic our era was, and wish for our simpler times.

Understanding and acknowledging that is being a Realist.
Anxiety about the future is a human universal across cultures and throughout history …

But NOW there are 7,000,000,000 of us …
Our cultural-industrial-agricultural activities are relentlessly profoundly altering every ecosystem globally …

read: Tom Malthus ...

Old 09-26-2015, 08:03 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,475,081 times
Evening!

What bothers me most is that Agenda 2030 is certainly doable, but it cannot be accomplished with the population we have at present (think Georgia Guidestones' 500,000 population), and it cannot be accomplished with the aged, disabled, and other 'non productive' citizens of the global empire still alive.

The 'no one left behind' verbiage might as well read 'special treatment' for approximately 95% of the planet. And I'm not even an alarmist, as these things go. Many people and groups are laying eggs over Agenda 2030, which won't help, of course, but we're in for a rough ride.

The 'can't travel on domestic flights without passports' legislation is just one of the new irritants that will inconvenience people enough (incrementally) so they'll BEG for an international ID with a microchip. (There's another thread about it on CD but I can't remember where. If you check my posts from yesterday, you ought to be able to find it.) The .gov won't have to force it on the populace; they'll scream for it!

Not issuing food stamps this month should spark some insanity (rioting, looting, etc.) within the next ten days -- at the most, and presently one family in six relies upon food stamps in the U.S. It'll be interesting to see what Canada, the U.K., and Australia pulls to parallel this action. Maybe they'll wait a week or two so as not to spook the sheeple.

Agenda 2030 isn't supposed to go into full effect until January 1st, 2016, but I see they're getting a head start in several areas.

Mandatory vaccinations for contrived (or micromanaged) viral epidemics will be next, with only God knows what in the serum. It'll all be done slowly and carefully enough so as not to panic the herd though. These people (the thirteen families) have thought this one out well, unfortunately.

Hope you have preps and a place to shelter from the storm.

May God be with you,

Mahrie.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:07 PM

464 posts, read 447,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Evening!
Mandatory vaccinations for contrived (or micromanaged) viral epidemics will be next, with only God knows what in the serum. It'll all be done slowly and carefully enough so as not to panic the herd though.
Are you one of those who thinks vaccines cause autism? smh

Old 09-26-2015, 08:12 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,062,941 times
Goofy non American thinking for progressive liberals

Op
Don't procreate
Become a vegan
Live sustainably as you personally can

Then you can be like me...but I won't force you.. Unlike the blue helmets

Old 09-26-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Op
Don't procreate
Become a vegan

you don't have to be a progressive liberal to avoid destroying the planet. watch what you do to the environment... don't litter, don't endorse people who are destroying ecosystems and habitats, stop burning coal, pressure treated wood, and car tires, don't idle your car for over 5 minutes a day, ask your republican representative to support sanctions on climate change. whether you agree on if it's man made or natural, we can't argue at this point it's not happening. we just had our warmest summer on record worldwide, and last year was the warmest year on record worldwide. you don't have to become a "vegan freak" to help out the environment.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCounty View Post

The jury's still out on that one for me. I specialize in Environmental Medicine and molecular biochemistry -- I'm not a virologist so I don't have the expertise in this area that some others do. I vaccinated my own kids for polio and MMR decades ago because I didn't know any better. I wouldn't give them those vaccines today. I also avoid flu shots like the plague. (I've only had the flu once in the past 22 years.) I get enough antibodies from treating others, as do most other healthcare professionals.

It's what can be put into vaccines that bothers me, and I've heard too much on the medical grapevine to not be alarmed by the prospect of accepting any non emergency medication of any kind, with the current emphasis on vaccines. That's all I can share on an Internet forum. Bear in mind that the average doctor or nurse has no idea what they're using. Most of them 'buy' the party line and believe what they are told. There are quite a few though who *do* know better.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mahrie.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 PM

1,874 posts, read 1,314,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCounty View Post

Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Op
Don't procreate
Become a vegan

LOL! Too late on the procreation choice; I've already had nine kids -- and five grandchildren too.
I was vegan (with a few minor departures) for forty-three years -- until I became diabetic in 2011 (at age 55).
I've always lived as sustainably as I personally can.

I'm not that easy to force. I don't like the sensation of being managed. At this point, and with my interests and public profile, I don't expect to die a natural death anyway.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
The jury's still out on that one for me. I specialize in Environmental Medicine and molecular biochemistry -- I'm not a virologist so I don't have the expertise in this area that some others do. I vaccinated my own kids for polio and MMR decades ago because I didn't know any better. I wouldn't give them those vaccines today. I also avoid flu shots like the plague. (I've only had the flu once in the past 22 years.) I get enough antibodies from treating others, as do most other healthcare professionals.

It's what can be put into vaccines that bothers me, and I've heard too much on the medical grapevine to not be alarmed by the prospect of accepting any non emergency medication of any kind, with the current emphasis on vaccines. That's all I can share on an Internet forum. Bear in mind that the average doctor or nurse has no idea what they're using. Most of them 'buy' the party line and believe what they are told. There are quite a few though who *do* know better.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mahrie.
vaccines against viruses are simple. they either put a dead or weakened version of the virus into the body, and the immune system develops a response to it, and then if the real deal virus gets into the body, the immune system immediately recognizes the virus (because it's seen it before) and fights it off before the body can get seriously ill.

regarding the flu shot, the flu virus often evolves an immunity to the previous year's shot, and scientists have to change the ingredients annually. they take an educated shot in the dark when changing the ingredients, but often get it wrong. I haven't gotten the shot in years, because I often get sick anyway, and I have an adverse fear getting stabbed by needles. if you aren't scared of needles, you should probably get the shot. if you are concerned with the very little amount of thiomerosal in it, there's no need to be. thiomerosal is an ethyl mercury compound which is used to preserve multidose bottles. this is to make sure no bacteria grows in the vaccine. the amount of thiomerosal that gets into you is so little that it will not hurt you... and if you are really concerned about it, the nasal spray and single dose bottles of the flu vaccine don't have any thomerosal in them.

the whole correlation with autism thing is dumb. autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder which affects the social interaction and communicative parts in your brain. it is not caused by any ingredients in vaccines. it's basically a brain condition. the only reason more cases have been diagnosed today is because doctors are more aware of it. many of the kids that you considered 'socially awkward', 'loners', or 'weird' when you went to school probably had some mild form of undiagnosed asperger's or autism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events