U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,150,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How is it embarrassing? I get how it could be when girls first start getting their period, but even when you are older?
I have NO idea. I'm just glad the people in my life don't think that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 08:52 AM

1,731 posts, read 872,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
It must be popular as they still make it in several versions. Check Amazon. She's not cheap either. One of them is 99 bucks. For that she better wipe her own ass.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 AM

1,731 posts, read 872,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How is it embarrassing? I get how it could be when girls first start getting their period, but even when you are older?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I have NO idea. I'm just glad the people in my life don't think that way.
i'm sure that every woman that you know has never felt any embarrassment as an adult when it comes to her period. but how would you know that exactly?

i'm not speaking for all women, only myself. and i'm not talking about being embarrassed because i am a woman and had to have a period every month. not saying i just walked around at 35 years old embarrassed about it. but there have been times in my life, especially when i was younger, an embarrassing situation regarding that time of the month. i'm not going to go back in time and try to dig up specific incidences because it really doesn't matter. but why in the world would you or anyone else try to make me feel bad for the fact that i have in the past felt some embarrassment? good for you and "the people in your life" that you have never felt any embarrassment.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:22 AM

21,715 posts, read 21,605,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think this is a good idea. It's not like the doll actually bleeds, lighten up. It will teach a girl how to respond to her period when she gets it, including exposure to feminine hygiene products and how to use them and how to track the cycle.
So are they making tiny tiny boxes of tiny tiny tampons to insert in the dolls tiny tiny jay jay and does she come with a heating pad and fake midol?
Does she talk, or yell then burst into tears. Is her name Chucky?

I dont get why anyone would find in fun to play with a doll like that, but whatever floats ya. I had boys. When one was 2 he used to play with my old naked Chrissy doll and they had GI Joe, but I wouldn't buy my kid a doll that peed, pooped, puked or bleed, gave birth or even cried for that matter.

Do they not have sex ed in schools anymore. In like 5th grade we had a people come to the school and show films on menstruation, passed around products and all that as well as presentations of appropriate level sex ed and related sexually transmitted diseases. That was in the 70's.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:26 AM

11,051 posts, read 12,398,038 times
Are they coming out with a PMS doll too? It can scream to the kid, "If you don't know what you did I'm not telling you!"

Old 09-25-2015, 10:25 AM

1,840 posts, read 1,359,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There we go - teaching girls about menstruation = a lack of tact...

The world would be a much better place if people were able to handle the concept of teaching children basic hygiene. Or at least able to handle that others may wish to do so.

And the usual "Well, we didn't do it that way in yesteryear so why the heck should we do it that way today?" line of thinking makes its usual appearance. We also didn't have widely-available disposable pads in centuries gone by - do you thus object to those as well?

The endless litany of uptight and childish reactions to acclimatizing children to basic bodily functions in a healthy manner is truly depressing.
I agree 100%

Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 AM

21,715 posts, read 21,605,903 times
Quote:

The world would be a much better place if people were able to handle the concept of teaching children basic hygiene. Or at least able to handle that others may wish to do so.

And the usual "Well, we didn't do it that way in yesteryear so why the heck should we do it that way today?" line of thinking makes its usual appearance. We also didn't have widely-available disposable pads in centuries gone by - do you thus object to those as well?

The endless litany of uptight and childish reactions to acclimatizing children to basic bodily functions in a healthy manner is truly depressing.
I have no problem with teaching kids about basic body functions, I'm the aunt that buys books like everyone poops and the holes in your nose. I just don't get why anyone would want a doll like that and feel there are better was of introducing young girls to their impending body functions.

How about dolls that grow pubic, facial and pit hair, get zits and body odor?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:52 AM

2,629 posts, read 1,917,986 times
The most festive looking Kotexes I ever saw. Anybody up for designing "Holiday Kotex?" Ya know, witches on brooms for Hallowe'en; turkeys for Thanksgiving; Santa's reindeer for the Christmas season; the possibilities are endless.

It should come with a hot water bottle to put on her little tummy to relieve those awful cramps, and an excuse letter for the teacher after a day or two home from school. Then I'd call it realistic.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 09-25-2015 at 11:52 AM..

Old 09-25-2015, 11:06 AM

10,136 posts, read 6,461,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I agree 100%
Quote:

I think that is the job of a child's parents. We don't need toy makers doing the job a human parent is supposed to be doing. What's depressing to me is people that depend on the world to teach their children what should be taught at home. And you call this type of thinking childish reactions? damn.
No wonder this country is so screwed up.

Yes, let us all call upon the toy makers to teach our children the facts of life. As parents, we take the responsibility of teaching our children and so should other parents.

Last edited by Scotty011; 09-25-2015 at 11:14 AM..

Old 09-25-2015, 11:29 AM

16,661 posts, read 8,506,818 times
i thought you meant period, like 50's 60's 1800's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or