Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 01:44 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It already exists. Google Sybian.
Damn, you beat me to it and I was going to include a link.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I don't buy that at all lol.

Guys out there are so thirsty that they'll go after any woman except maybe the most obese ones, and very unappealing looking ones.

Bovine, equine or porcine?

Old 10-03-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
When women claim to be "invisible," what they really mean is that they're invisible to sober alpha males.

The equivalent to guys wanting to bang the best looking unavailable chick in the bar?

Women are invisible by their own doing. If you want to be visible you have to put out or shut up. This is about sex, right? The point is to get laid, not married. It works both ways. "Mr Right" means right now, not 3 months from now.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
It would get boring really quick as it's another instant gratification tool. Part of the fun has always been the chase.
It never ceases to amaze me how people think the chase is fun for everyone. For some people it's just a PITA.

Anyway I have to wonder how much stock to put into this idea. After all 26 years ago a certain movie came out and said we would have hover cars andhover boards by now, well I'm still waiting.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:34 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
After all 26 years ago a certain movie came out and said we would have hover cars andhover boards by now, well I'm still waiting.
Yes, it's true, portable, compact cold fusion (what you would need to power millions of VTOL cars feasibly) is much much harder than the movies made it seem.

On the other hand, they seem to have missed stuff that we DO have like the iPhone 6S and the incredible things it does, the worldwide internet (remember all the fax machines?), social media, 3D printing, CRISPR/Cas9, etc.

So in some ways we're "behind" some of the Hollywood predictions (only because they were sort of iconic, lazy, easy, unfeasible ones) and in other ways we're way beyond predictions.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:09 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how people think the chase is fun for everyone. For some people it's just a PITA.

Anyway I have to wonder how much stock to put into this idea. After all 26 years ago a certain movie came out and said we would have hover cars andhover boards by now, well I'm still waiting.
Yeah, there's nothing whatsoever "fun" about "the chase." It's a drearily tedious process and a waste of time and money.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:31 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Yeah, there's nothing whatsoever "fun" about "the chase." It's a drearily tedious process and a waste of time and money.
If all one wants is sex and not anything else - it's not too hard to hire a prostitute. Trust me, you'll feel like crap anyway because you had to pay someone rather than have someone attracted to you.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
If all one wants is sex and not anything else - it's not too hard to hire a prostitute. Trust me, you'll feel like crap anyway because you had to pay someone rather than have someone attracted to you.
Actually you're paying someone to leave after the sex is done.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:36 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
Quote:
Illegal and consequently expensive. But no, I wouldn't "feel like crap." Their attraction or lack thereof is completely irrelevant.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:00 PM

17 posts, read 17,887 times
Many people (both men and women) dislike the idea of Men Going Their Own Way because we live in a gynocentric society (women first society). Feminism is nothing more than hypergynocentrism. Men that dislike MGTOW generally do so because they have daughters that might suffer from men opting out, haven't yet been divorce raped, are seriously naive or are beta male servants of the gynocracy. Beta male servants of the gynocracy very often mistakenly see themselves as alpha males. They "white knight" and "damsel" they gynocracy to curry favor., Additionally, marriage and divorce are multi-billion dollar a year businesses - so there are many that have their livelihoods and hopes for financial security tied to marriage and/or divorce.

The #1 way in which men's lives are destroyed is through marriage, divorce and/or false accusations. MGTOW's primary advice to men is to never get married or otherwise give a woman any significant power over their lives; thereby limiting women's and inlaw's destructive power. The vast majority of men's problems evaporate simply by limiting women's social, physical, emotional, psychological, legal and financial power over their lives. It's easy to see why many see MGTOW as a threat to their security and financial goals. The goal of those opposed to MGTOW is to discredit MGTOW and paint the MGTOW mindset in a negative light in order to keep men on the plantation. This is typically accomplished through all forms of shaming and may even result in social and financial ostracization through job loss and/or false accusations.

Several great books cover the primary ideals of the MGTOW mindset but are not books specifically on MGTOW. The authors of such books are frequently the recipients of death threats by women. The last book below was written by a woman. The first book was written by a former, popular male feminist:

The Myth of Male Power
Stand by Your Manhood
Women First, Men Last
The Manipulated Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events