Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 11:17 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,576,504 times

Advertisements

If you hop over to YouTube and search for Texas Roadhouse videos you will see that the atmosphere is pretty loud and raucous even when they're not doing the line dancing that apparently is part of their "charm".

Apparently they are known for being loud, so it seems like a pretty good place to take a little kid who might make a little more noise than you expect in a find dining establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 11:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,046,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oops. I just added to your reputation when I meant to comment.

"Old broads"? "Jerks"?
Yes. That's what I said. Do you have a question? Because if you think old broads and jerks are outrageous, you should put me on your ignore list right now.

Those women went out of their way to make sure they embarrassed the rude people with the screaming kid. Two wrongs don't make a right, and they were all jerks, in my opinion.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:05 PM

172 posts, read 184,180 times
Default Where is the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Two old drama queens. If a 10 month old bothers them that much then I can't imagine how miserable they must be when confronting real issues in everyday life.
Well if you are in the restaurant make sure you pay the bill.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:23 PM

50,238 posts, read 23,861,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yes. That's what I said. Do you have a question? Because if you think old broads and jerks are outrageous, you should put me on your ignore list right now.

Those women went out of their way to make sure they embarrassed the rude people with the screaming kid. Two wrongs don't make a right, and they were all jerks, in my opinion.
I find it amazing that someone can decide someone is a "jerk" or "an old broad" without having ever met them, and based on something they do in a minute occurrence. If that's the standard, virtually every one on the planet is a jerk.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I find it amazing that someone can decide someone is a "jerk" or "an old broad" without having ever met them, and based on something they do in a minute occurrence. If that's the standard, virtually every one on the planet is a jerk.
Well, no. If you take the time to write a nastygram and leave it on the table about someone's baby - instead OF talking to the manager ~ I'm going to make an educated guess that you (not you) are a passive/aggressive jerk.

Especially WHEN said dining establish is the Texas Roadhouse.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:49 PM

15,460 posts, read 10,382,307 times
Since I rustle up some of the best steak and ribs on the planet, I wouldn't know. But, it sounds like the Texas Roadhouse noise level is that of a runway at DFW or LXA on Christmas Eve. The baby's ears probably hurt, another reason the mom should have had a sitter.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:17 PM

14,840 posts, read 11,975,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
It is certainly not all in my head. I have friends who are child free by choice and love kids, but don't want any of their own. I have no fear that people like them will judge me.

But this article sums it up nicely. There are some very hateful, intolerant, just plain mean people who hate me just because I have children and hate my children just because they aren't adults.

The 7 People Who Hate Your Kids | The Stir
Seems to me you and your kids would be a lot happier if you just got on with the business of raising them the best you know how, and stopped trying to herd them, and yourself into the "everybody hates mommies and kids pew" in the Church of The Perpetually Offended.

That article is nothing but self-centered, self-entitled rubbish. You do yourself no favors by taking this stuff seriously, or even reading it, for that matter.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:25 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,714,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1
I am sick to death of parents not doing their job. If anyone's dinner is going to get ruined by their yelling child it should be them. One of the adults associated with the child should have taken him out of the resteraunt.
Yes but you know the way ppl are now

Old 10-12-2015, 01:35 PM

14,840 posts, read 11,975,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

I don't know that the women caused the embarrassment from the publicity of this incident. If they just left a note in front of the woman with the baby, and didn't say anything to her or anyone else, she could have torn the note up, said nothing and gone on ner merry way with no one the wiser. It was the woman's choice to go to the manager and post her comments about it on her Facebook page.

I think had been that mother, I probably would have apologized to the women for my kid's disrupting their dinner ( whether or not said kid actually was making that much noise, it doesn't hurt to take that high road), saying I didn't realize he was making that much noise, and let it go. I also would not entertain any further comments by the women, they said their piece, expressed their displeasure and I would not be up for any further commentary on their part about my lack of parenting skills, LOL.

And in those women's shoes, I wouldn't have left such a note with the mother, I might have been annoyed at the kid's noise if it really was excessive, but likely would have chalked it up to it just being one of those things. Pretty much the same way I would react to a table of adult diners trying to outshout each other between their drinking and carousing.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:38 PM

17,484 posts, read 17,338,523 times
Wow, so many here who hate children. Dont want to be around children the. Don't go out to public places. Just stay home and order delivery. YOU cannot stop children from eating at a restaurant, but you can choose to stop leaving your home. I hope those haters here have been spayed or neutered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events