Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:46 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The young mom is the one who took it to FB. She received a note in a restaurant that her screaming kid was ruining people's meals, the manager apologized to her and COMPED her table's bill. Why did she have to biatch on FB. She won the dining lottery that night. The rest of the restaurant lost but she is the victim.
Which of course just encourages her to keep taking her screaming kid to restaurants and making excuses for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm sorry but I have been to Texas Roadhouse IN TEXAS and it is not supposed to be Chuck E. Cheese. What was the manager thinking, siding with the offending party and paying for her meal? I couldn't get the video to load, but perhaps he liked the looks of the young mom and is thinking below the belt? The women that complained are grandma age so I guess he feels he doesn't need them in his restaurant. He just sent a message to the majority of people that they don't need to patronize his establishment. Oh well.
It was a stupid reaction by the manager, but maybe he felt for the people because he has kids himself. One thing I do know is that there are some very judgmental people who think that even a kid laughing is out of hand and shouldn't be allowed in a restaurant...because, you know, they never took their kids to restaurants when they were young. My in-laws are like that, so I'm reserving judgment because for the manager to act like that it sounds like the other women were being nasty.

By the way, Texas Roadhouse is not a Texas company, though we do have them here. I think it started somewhere in the Midwest. I guess it's a Midwestern idea of what a Texas roadhouse should be like, but the food is pretty decent for the price.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:59 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtq3000 View Post
i don't understand how reasonable people can make a decision on this situation based on the limited information in the article.

Was the screaming on and off like the parents claimed, or was it more continuous and persistent? Were the parents trying their best to distract the kid or walk around with the kid periodically (we all remember doing that).

Listen, it is a 10 month old baby. The situation would be a lot different if a 6 year-old were screaming. But a 10 month old? You can't really reason with a 10 month old. I don't know, whenever i see young kids crying, screaming, etc., it makes me smile a bit as it reminds me how my kid used to be at times. Don't these women realize that their kids and grandkids made a lot of noise in public too when they were young, even if the women are probably too old to remember how things really were. It's like getting mad at a dog for licking you in the face - that's what they do.

On the other hand, i've read somewhere that the "note" was not the actual thing and that the family "recreated" the note on their own to post on social media. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, that is absurd. And why did they feel compelled to complain to the manager about other diners that he had no control over? Looking for comped meal? Why are they posting stuff on a tv station fb page? Mommy outrage is getting really old.

See, fair and balanced(r).

Mick
Funny!

Old 10-08-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Dining out is not cheap...even in "cheap" restaurants. I don't have any desire to pay money for a meal and have it ruined by badly behaved children...and I say that as a person who worked with kids all of my professional life.

Where others are congregating, children ought to be relatively well behaved. If they are not "ready" for a restaurant or movie theater, then they don't belong there...yet.
Right. If this mother is in the process of teaching her kid about his "inside" voice, but he doesn't have it mastered yet, seems to me those lessons should be taken at home.

I don't even mind an occasional squeal, cry, or scream from a kid in a restaurant-kids will be kids, that is true, but when it goes on for a prolonged, uninterrupted time, it grates on the nerves of even the most tolerant, and the kid needs to be taken home.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't understand how reasonable people can make a decision on this situation based on the limited information in the article.

Was the screaming on and off like the parents claimed, or was it more continuous and persistent? Were the parents trying their best to distract the kid or walk around with the kid periodically (we all remember doing that).

Listen, it is a 10 month old baby. The situation would be a lot different if a 6 year-old were screaming. But a 10 month old? You can't really reason with a 10 month old. I don't know, whenever I see young kids crying, screaming, etc., it makes me smile a bit as it reminds me how my kid used to be at times. Don't these women realize that their kids and grandkids made a lot of noise in public too when they were young, even if the women are probably too old to remember how things really were. It's like getting mad at a dog for licking you in the face - that's what they do.

On the other hand, I've read somewhere that the "note" was not the actual thing and that the family "recreated" the note on their own to post on social media. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, that is absurd. And why did they feel compelled to complain to the manager about other diners that he had no control over? Looking for comped meal? Why are they posting stuff on a TV station FB page? Mommy outrage is getting really old.

See, Fair and Balanced(R).

Mick
ROFL. Whatever "moomy's motives were, looks like the manager fell for them, doesn't it?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:24 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Leach says she talked with the manager of Texas Roadhouse, who Leach says apologized for the way her family was treated. Leach says the manager told the two women they could finish their dinner, but then had to leave quietly. She says he explained he had two children himself. The manager, according to Leach, paid for Leach's meal and said her family is welcome to return to Texas Roadhouse anytime.

"We're in the hospitality business. We want all our guests to have a great experience,"

Thus, he kicks the women out and rationalizes the behavior of the rude mother, probably because he's a father. It's so ironic that he excuses the child's screaming and the mother doing little or nothing about it, then tells the women who protested that they had to leave the restaurant quietly Not only that, he paid for the mother's meal! I have eaten at Texas Roadhouse several times. It is a fairly loud restaurant, which actually serves to strengthen the women's argument, not weaken it. After all, they weren't upset about the restaurant's general noise level, but a specific noise. Since the women were complaining about the child's screaming, it must have have been very loud and irritating. The sound of a baby's high pitched screaming can be much more annoying than the lower pitched sounds of a baby crying.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:58 AM

79 posts, read 53,896 times
I think this is 100% staged PR for the restaurant. It's very common these days for businesses to have these fake little controversies staged for the benefit of riling patrons to support the business. Here I think they are using the "complaint" to stir social media parent outrage --- then parents say oh, now I support Texas Roadhouse when they probably didn't even know the name of the company before. Now because of a staged non-event, parents will see TR as pro-them. It's a very common, but annoying kind of internet PR. It's hard to go viral without something people can fight about (should kids be loud in restaurants) so these companies just fake it.

I don't know why people don't see the bottom line here - fake outrage designed to increase name recognition of the restaurant and parent customer brand loyalty. The staged event even plays into their restaurant motto: the loudest place in Texas. It's just modern viral marketing, and I no longer bite these sort of baited hooks.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:03 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Voted one of the loudest restaurants and a kid joins in on the noise and they are singled out. Give me a break. It's not like the mom took the kid to a wine glass clinking place. she chose a place that is fine for a noisy toddler.

Good lord people need to get a grip.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Well, I am glad he asked the complaining women to leave quietly. We wouldn't want to disrupt the atmosphere.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Well, I am glad he asked the complaining women to leave quietly. We wouldn't want to disrupt the atmosphere.
They were probably to write down their grievance on a note instead of screaming it out. lol

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events