Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 08:25 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So you don't think an American citizen has the right to open fire when they see somebody scooting across a parking lot who could quite possibly have ripped off a store? What if they are in a gas station and they see what appears to be a carjacking on the other side of the parking lot? Are we supposed to just stand there like sitting ducks?
Yes!
Your Tax dollars go towards trained PROFESSIONALS handling the situation. Let them do their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 08:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yes!
Your Tax dollars go towards trained PROFESSIONALS handling the situation. Let them do their job.
Don't respond to that poster anymore, he's just trolling.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:50 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

OK ...let's see if we can tone it down a bit, here. Things are getting a bit too emotional and vehement. Discuss the story, but supercharged , emotional posts don't count as discussion.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:26 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
So you don't think an American citizen has the right to open fire when they see somebody scooting across a parking lot who could quite possibly have ripped off a store? What if they are in a gas station and they see what appears to be a carjacking on the other side of the parking lot? Are we supposed to just stand there like sitting ducks?
Your own post states that the person doesn't actually know what is going on in either case. In the first, it's "quite possible" they ripped off a store, but again we don't know...in the second, it "appears" there could be a crime taking place on the "other side of the parking lot" no less, but again, no one knows for sure....you think it's justifiable to shoot someone when you aren't even sure if they have done anything, let alone what it was?

To me your post argues against people doing this, as you are admitting they are going only by their perception of what may be going on rather than facts.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Last I checked shoplifting wasn't grounds for lethal force. The police wouldn't shoot someone for it, unless they attacked then trying to get away. Its a severe over reach. I wouldn't be willing to draw my weapon on so.e one in such a situation. Not worth taking life over, and if I have to draw my weapon, life is probably going to end. I don't owe Home Depot anything, and u less I'm in the store and some tries armed robbery or severe assault, I'm not there as an armed guard.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:28 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Your own post states that the person doesn't actually know what is going on in either case. In the first, it's "quite possible" they ripped off a store, but again we don't know...in the second, it "appears" there could be a crime taking place on the "other side of the parking lot" no less, but again, no one knows for sure....you think it's justifiable to shoot someone when you aren't even sure if they have done anything, let alone what it was?

To me your post argues against people doing this, as you are admitting they are going only by their perception of what may be going on rather than facts.

Way to take the troll bait and dive in headfirst. If we all ignore the troll, maybe it will go away.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:32 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
I don't owe Home Depot anything

Ding ding ding. Let me risk my life and that of others for a corporation that doesnt give a flying ##$$ about me. Home Depot has Loss Prevention people and insurance, let them work it out.

If I can help out by taking a photo of a license plate, I'm down but that is about it.

Last edited by Juram; 10-15-2015 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 12:37 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
The woman in the OP needs to head to practice range to put in some time. Maybe next time she will get the criminal.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:39 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

Way to take the troll bait and dive in headfirst. If we all ignore the troll, maybe it will go away.
I didn't realize then.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:53 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
In my state you don't need any training or testing at all to get you CCW.

I assume they are assuming that the average CCW will get plenty of training and have the presence of mind to deal with high pressure situations.
and we all know what happens when one ASSUMES.....

Quote:
Okay, so the bad guys were caught a few days later.

But can you imagine what could have happened if this CCW hadn't jumped in and started firing?
the bad guys would have been caught a few days later.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
16 plus page thread, noting really happened, was she stupid...yea...ignorant yea....within her right....yea...

A 3 year old and a 5 year old mowed down (killed within the last few months) in a drive by shooting is buried with less than 4 pages of posts (maybe 5 pages)....

Fake outrage folks....fake outrage....noted....
people are outraged because this moron took it upon herself to endanger who knows how many lives by trying to play tough gal....

and yes, your other thread is a very sad subject that has no one, right answer.... but has NOT A THING to do with the topic at hand.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events