Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 04:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No one took the child to a haunted house. It is located near an elementary school and can not be avoided.
Then you tell the kid that it's fake. Meant to be a silly Halloween decoration.

It's called a "teaching moment" fer cryin out loud.

People getting their knickers in a twist over something like this must live a really vanilla life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
No one took the child to a haunted house. It is located near an elementary school and can not be avoided.
Some how this is going over the top of most posters! It is not the display it's where it's located.......the kids don't have a choice to not see it......not sure why this part is hard to understand.

It has nothing to do with taking Halloween away or not celebrating it.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how this is going over the top of most posters! It is not the display it's where it's located.......the kids don't have a choice to not see it......not sure why this part is hard to understand.

Doesn't matter if it's by a school or not, there are kids teeming everywhere in towns & cities. There are schools everywhere.

It's a freakin' Halloween display people, that's it. There's no hidden agenda here other than to decorate for Halloween. OH MY GOD, WHAT A FOREIGN CONCEPT!!!!! Were you people brought up so sheltered that you're simply baffled by the idea of decorating for Halloween? Do you not know how to talk to your kids? Do you shelter your kids so badly that Halloween decorations is cause for hysteria? My god. Helicopter parents, they're truly the worst.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Clearly! Good post!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
It loos slightly satanic to me. Is that an upside down cross the one guy is nailed to? Not cool.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I think the people who need to 'get a grip' are those who think showing horror films to young children builds character and fortitude.

"All I needed to know I learned from watching Friday The 13th when I was five years old..." ...
My stepson was only two when I was taking him trick or treating and a neighbor whose daughter I was close friends with always had a big scary setup.

I was planning on walking past, but he came running out at us, screaming and blowing an air horn. My poor stepson fell down (he was a toddler after all) and started screaming bloody murder. I was furious!

I gave the old mofo a piece of my mind and ripped his mask off so my stepson could see it was a person, but he never liked trick or treating after that. Sorry ass old man. I'm still pissed off thinking about it.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,686 times
Quote:
Movies, haunted houses and board games are things that can be avoided. Public displays such as the one we are discussing here is unavoidable. That is the difference.

the little tykes will get over the trauma, deal with it

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
My stepson was only two when I was taking him trick or treating and a neighbor whose daughter I was close friends with always had a big scary setup.

I was planning on walking past, but he came running out at us, screaming and blowing an air horn. My poor stepson fell down (he was a toddler after all) and started screaming bloody murder. I was furious!

I gave the old mofo a piece of my mind and ripped his mask off so my stepson could see it was a person, but he never liked trick or treating after that. Sorry ass old man. I'm still pissed off thinking about it.
That was assault and battery. You are now a criminal.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That was assault and battery. You are now a criminal.
was thinking the same thing NV...."how dare someone scare my tyke on Halloween in front of a house that is known to do it up for Halloween"

Old 10-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Maybe you didn't read the part where I said we were walking past the house. In fact we were on the other side of the street, and he barreled over to my 2-foot-tall toddler and did this.

But whatever. Here's hoping it happens to one of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events