Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 05:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I lived in Thailand for a couple of years. It was not unusual to hear the call to prayer. It never instilled in me even the slightest desire to convert.

I visited a mosque in Singapore. It was interesting to see one aspect of a culture. It never instilled in me a desire to convert.

As a school administrator in Virginia, I was sometimes invited to the end-of-Ramadan celebration by some of our Muslim students and their parents. It never made me have the slightest desire to convert.

I was invited to a very large Muslim family party one year. I never for a second thought, "Oh, I should convert."

In fact, much of what I saw/heard made me feel more of a lack of respect for that particular religion.
I lived just outside of Tripoli, Libya between the ages of 6-9. There was a mosque 100 yds from my bedroom window. the cleric was up in the minaret 5 times a day hollering at the top of his lungs. I have seen the thing on Google earth recently and it is 20x the size I remember from 50 years ago.

Nope, don't want those around me any more. I hate the sound of the Arabic language and their clothes are lacking.

There was an Arab who did handyman jobs around our villa compound. One day the guy tried to put my hand on his crotch and laughed when I pulled away and ran home. My old man kicked his ass and we never saw him again.
I think of them all as sick perverts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 05:56 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I lived just outside of Tripoli, Libya between the ages of 6-9. There was a mosque 100 yds from my bedroom window. the cleric was up in the minaret 5 times a day hollering at the top of his lungs. I have seen the thing on Google earth recently and it is 20x the size I remember from 50 years ago.

Nope, don't want those around me any more. I hate the sound of the Arabic language and their clothes are lacking.

There was an Arab who did handyman jobs around our villa compound. One day the guy tried to put my hand on his crotch and laughed when I pulled away and ran home. My old man kicked his ass and we never saw him again.
I think of them all as sick perverts.
I'm not clear what that has to do with my post.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:11 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times

Old 10-12-2015, 06:29 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And your saying what? That this Country is free of "Registered Sex Offenders" and Pedophiles? All Countries have sick people, but I am sure we have more than what our share should be.
I fail to see how this has anything to do with my post other than you attempt to put YOUR words in MY mouth. I can manage to say what I intend to say without YOUR lame help.

I said the US Army sergeant was stopping a rape. Your response is irrelavant tripe.

El Nox

Old 10-12-2015, 06:30 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
"It is easy to become a Muslim. To become a Muslim one must simply pronounce the Shahada (Declaration of Faith) with sincerity. This little phrase is what separates Muslims from everyone else. Because those who state this phrase have declared their acknowledgment of Allah’s monotheism and Prophet Muhammad’s status."

This is one of the things that worries parents. It is the First of the Five Pillars of Islam that are being taught in schools.

Here is the Shahada -
“I bear witness that there is no god except Allah. And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm not clear what that has to do with my post.

I am not fond of mosques, the Arab language and I think Muslims are perverts. I lived it, have you?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:23 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I fail to see how this has anything to do with my post other than you attempt to put YOUR words in MY mouth. I can manage to say what I intend to say without YOUR lame help.

I said the US Army sergeant was stopping a rape. Your response is irrelavant tripe.

El Nox
No, you where saying that Muslims are Rapists, and the Sgt. stopped it. There is a big difference, since we where not discussing Sergeants or Military, so not putting my words in your mouth, just responding to your words. Your back paddling now.

You can't blame Religion for the acts of individual people, if the Religion does not promote that behavior. That's why it should be important to learn the basics of all Religions that one may have to deal with one day, right or wrong. If not, what your passing on along with obvious hate for Muslims, may be the only thing some other person may have to relate to all Muslims, and it would be totally false.

Doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other, since I have nothing in common with Muslims, or any other Religion, so I have no Dog in this Hunt, but I do know that knowledge sets one person above another, and is the pavement on the road you use to travel through life. Had our own Soldiers been taught more about Islam, they would have had a much smoother interaction in Iraq, and there would have been less killed due to stupid mistakes made by not knowing the Culture, and how important Religion is to these people. Sometimes not doing something, just because you can, is good for your health.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:34 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
I am not fond of mosques, the Arab language and I think Muslims are perverts. I lived it, have you?
I would not want one in my back yard either, too much noise. Don't care about the language, since I don't know it anyway. Seems there are a lot of Catholic Priests that fit that description too. Also looks like there are a ton of them living around everyone's neighborhood too, according to our registries. There is a whole Religion of them out West that molest 11 and 12 year old girls. Their founder is in Prison.

Must be a virus...

Old 10-12-2015, 09:17 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
I explained most of my situation, although there is more to it, but that remains personal. But I've already indicated I have little respect for Islam.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:23 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Moderator cut: rude
the teacher had a position because of a piece of paper. That does not make the teacher infallible in terms of teaching and/or decisions.

Yep ... I have two pieces of paper. And your CRAP "either doesn't have one or didn't work very hard for theirs", might apply to you but not me. I worked my way thru and upon graduation (both times) I had zero debt and everything I owned fit easily in a small car. No loans, No grants, No scholarships, No mommy and daddy paying the bills (I also supported myself) ... just hard work. So take your CRAP and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

El Nox
I worked very hard for my degree. Harder than you can imagine.

You - who know exactly zero about me - have resorted to personal attack for no reason, so I will not be responding to you anymore on this thread. I stand with the teacher, who is teaching the material she is given. If the parent is so smart about religion, and so controlling of her child, then she should be homeschooling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events