Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:30 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times

Advertisements

Here's the curriculum:

Grade Seven: History-Social Science Content Standards

As a Christian, I have no problem with children being exposes to other major religions. Everyone should have some understanding of different cultures, especially one as large as Islam. Ignorance is the root of all prejudice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 02:34 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Pure ignorance. It's a World History course. I expect this mother to be equally outraged when her child has to learn about Shintoism when they get to the chapter on Japan, and Buddhism and Taoism in the chapter on China, otherwise she is nothing more than a world class hypocrite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So long as the course has sections on the fundamentals of most of the world's current religions the parent has no complaint.
I suspect that there will be homework on several different major religions. Mom just jumped to an inaccurate conclusion that it was only this one religion.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Here in Texas 7th grade is Texas history.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:36 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Here's the curriculum:

Grade Seven: History-Social Science Content Standards

As a Christian, I have no problem with children being exposes to other major religions. Everyone should have some understanding of different cultures, especially one as large as Islam. Ignorance is the root of all prejudice.
My goodness. It's all about alien countries and places where people speak foreign languages.

How un-American can you get? Why would anyone growing up in the United States need to learn any of that stuff?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:38 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonderella View Post
Great. Kid gets an F and grows up to be as ignorant as his mother. Just what this country needs.
I really think that's exactly what these people want. "I'm pretty stupid and I turned out alright; it won't hurt my kids to grow up stupid, too."

Old 10-10-2015, 02:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
So I guess the mom said if the school has an issue they can talk to her lawyer. I thought there is suppose to be no "religion" in school.? What happened to the separation of church and state?

according to the assignment, The seventh-grade history assignment asked students to name the Five Pillars of Islam and to summarize Islamic beliefs and practices, "Fox and Friends" reported today.

It also provided a barcode for students to scan with their cell phone in order to listen to a Muslim prayer online.

Mom’s Viral Response to ‘Outrageous’ Islam Homework Has Got 118,000 People Going ‘Heck Yeah!’

READ: Mom's angry note to teacher about Islam assignment goes viral - Story | KTBC
Liberal and Sickular people do this everywhere around the world.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Just don't bring any of that Ten Commandments stuff on board for homework...

Old 10-10-2015, 02:47 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
I agree with you about kids need to learn about the world's major religions. I'm all for it, but where and in what public school district is the same time and effort given to teach kids about the Jewish religion? I've never heard of any and certainly not around here. In fact, Jews outnumber Muslims in this country still by a good margin. Why aren't those same kids assigned to do similar work using the Old Testament? So what happened? What about other major world religions like Buddhism? No, it's always Islam being taught.
I bet if schools took turns fairly teaching about world religions with equal time given, no one would be having this conversion. One can't help but think Islam has become the religious flavor of the week in our liberal public schools. The evidence is overwhelming.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:50 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
What I am confused about is the whole barcode thing where the student can scan and it will play/bring up Muslim prayers . What the heck is that about ?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:53 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
I just read this:
UPDATED: Clemson University apologizes for serving Mexican food

"Clemson Dining issued an apology to 'offended' students after hosting a 'Maximum Mexican' food day.
Students took to Twitter to call the event culturally insensitive and to question the school's efforts to promote diversity.

Everything was going great. Students were loving the food and festivities. Except for two students, who took to Twitter to voice their displeasure with the school's decision to host such a "#CUlturallyInsensitive" event."

When will this BS end? When? Liberals have ruined everything for everyone. I absolutely, wholeheartedly despise them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events