Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 03:49 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,415,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Well, thank you for making the point for me.

Russia is ran by madmen. Sad but true.
There is a concept called "accountability", having spoken to you, your are a foreigner to that concept....

2 countries attacked Poland at the same time, and modern day Russians are to blame, the Russians whose grandparents liberated Poland from the nazis ? Poles and their government has no responsibility in this what so ever ?

The lesson you learn from your history is that you should hate Russians !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 PM

Here is an interesting article. Again:

Spoiler
Two black young men assaulted a down-and-out white woman – and videotaped the attack. She was knocked out in broad daylight and in a public place with people around her, minding their own business and apparently unaffected by the brutal attack.

https://www.rt.com/usa/319139-black-teen-beating-woman/

Now if this happened in Moscow, this kid would be taken to a hospital to be treated for injuries caused by bystanders. He would be arrested.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,705,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
There is a concept called "accountability", having spoken to you, your are a foreigner to that concept....

2 countries attacked Poland at the same time, and modern day Russians are to blame, the Russians whose grandparents liberated Poland from the nazis ? Poles and their government has no responsibility in this what so ever ?

The lesson you learn from your history is that you should hate Russians !
It's hard to hold people accountable when they are buried 6 feet underground under the Katyń (and several others) forest.
Seriously. Russia liberated Poland ? Technically I guess they did, they defeated the nazis. Let me ask you this: is it liberation when you exchange one occupying force for another ? Was it liberation in September 39 when Stalin and Hitler carved up Poland? Was the Ribbentrop Molotov treaty liberating ?
I can't wait to see how you spin this to make it look the Soviet Union was the good guy here, as I'm sure you will.
Just for the record: I am not an enemy of Russia. I love Russian literature (to name just the Strugacki brothers, Kir Bułyczow or lately Dimitry Gluhovsky), Russian popculture, Russian people. It's the Soviet Union I despise and with good reason. I can understand how this myth of how great the Soviet Union was is being used by Russian propaganda all the time for nostalgic reasons, but to anyone with at least some historical knowledge, this ... I don't really know if it's more sad or scary.
Yac.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
It's hard to hold people accountable when they are buried 6 feet underground under the Katyń (and several others) forest.
Seriously. Russia liberated Poland ? Technically I guess they did, they defeated the nazis. Let me ask you this: is it liberation when you exchange one occupying force for another ? Was it liberation in September 39 when Stalin and Hitler carved up Poland? Was the Ribbentrop Molotov treaty liberating ?
I can't wait to see how you spin this to make it look the Soviet Union was the good guy here, as I'm sure you will.
Just for the record: I am not an enemy of Russia. I love Russian literature (to name just the Strugacki brothers, Kir Bułyczow or lately Dimitry Gluhovsky), Russian popculture, Russian people. It's the Soviet Union I despise and with good reason. I can understand how this myth of how great the Soviet Union was is being used by Russian propaganda all the time for nostalgic reasons, but to anyone with at least some historical knowledge, this ... I don't really know if it's more sad or scary.
Yac.

I am not trying to spin anything. the facts presented to you have been span already. I already said I don't care much for Poland. So i am simply not interested in getting to the bottom of this.

What i am seeing is that:
1.The things you are saying about Soviet Union are not typical Soviet Actions. This is not a very typical soviet behavior.
2. You are holding Modern day Russians responsible for some 100 year old rummer?

so without trying to get to the bottom of this story
2 countries attacked Poland at the same time Soviet Union and Natzi Germany. The results of this is that Poles Hate modern day Russians and practice Nazism

My views are simpler
1. I grew up in Soviet Union, I mean that's the land that fed me and raised me, so i don't automatically hate it or call it evil.
2. During the recession of 2008 we (being US citizens who lived in Soviet Union) looked at US situation, scratched our heads and asked a question "How is this better ?".

Honestly, I don't care much for Poles. I think that they are stupid, and hateful people. So how did they end-up in that situation ?
I was raised with a formula:
Smart people learn from the mistakes of others,
Average people learn from their own mistakes,
And Stupid people never learn.

It does not sound to me like Poles learned anything from their own history, from this I can derive 2 things , history will repeat itself (Poles will find themselves in that situation again) and Poles are not generally very bright.

I can spell things out for you further, When i was a Soviet citizen, the army of my land marched through Poland. Now that i am a US citizen, my army is still marching though Poland.

What do I need to spin for you ? I mean to me things are very clear

Last edited by DPolo; 10-21-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-21-2015, 12:34 PM

In case you did not understand what I was saying above, let me spell it out

You can find better references to this:
Hundreds of Polish residents turn out to greet convoy of US troops | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Published: 12:19 EST, 24 March 2015
So when your remove all the spin.

We actually had a military parade in Poland, this year.
Before that Soviets had a military parade in Poland The news articles had a similar spin on this and in those pictures then Poles were waving Soviet flags.
Before that Nazis marched through Poland, wonder what the German headlines were then "Poland liberated from Jews and gypsies" ?

Every-one who marches through Poland always says it's for the greater good of the Poles !

Old 10-21-2015, 01:12 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,863,350 times
Quote:
so without trying to get to the bottom of this story
2 countries attacked Poland at the same time Soviet Union and Natzi Germany. The results of this is that Poles Hate modern day Russians and practice Nazism
Soviets attacked Poland 2 weeks after Germany did. So while it obviously speeded up the end of Poland, it's doubtful Poland would actually stand against Nazis for much longer.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:14 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,863,350 times
Quote:
In case you did not understand what I was saying above, let me spell it out

You can find better references to this:
Hundreds of Polish residents turn out to greet convoy of US troops | Daily Mail Online

So when your remove all the spin.

We actually had a military parade in Poland, this year.
Before that Soviets had a military parade in Poland The news articles had a similar spin on this and in those pictures then Poles were waving Soviet flags.
Before that Nazis marched through Poland, wonder what the German headlines were then "Poland liberated from Jews and gypsies" ?

Every-one who marches through Poland always says it's for the greater good of the Poles !
Under Nazi occupation, Poland lost about 5 million lives in 7 years. Under Soviet occupation, Poland lost about 1 million lives in 2 years. How many lives are lost as a result of American occupation?

Old 10-21-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Under Nazi occupation, Poland lost about 5 million lives in 7 years. Under Soviet occupation, Poland lost about 1 million lives in 2 years. How many lives are lost as a result of American occupation?
I actually agree with you, we Americans are the best occupiers of Poland yet !

Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Soviets attacked Poland 2 weeks after Germany did. So while it obviously speeded up the end of Poland, it's doubtful Poland would actually stand against Nazis for much longer.
It sounds to me like:
Stalin's army was not ready for war and hitler said that Poland will be the last land he will seek. Stalin was trying to buy time, it was a miscalculation on his part. An action later condemned by Soviets ...

here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland
Quote:
Domestic reaction

The response of non-ethnic Poles to the situation added a further complication. Many Ukrainians, Belarusians and Jews welcomed the invading troops.[83] Local communists gathered people to welcome Red Army troops in the traditional Russian way by presenting bread and salt in the eastern suburb of Brest. For this occasion a sort of triumphal arch was made of two poles, decked with spruce branches and flowers. A banner, a long strip of red cloth with a slogan in Russian, glorifying the USSR and welcoming the Red Army, crowned the arch.[84] The local reaction was mentioned by Lev Mekhlis, who told Stalin that the people of West Ukraine welcomed the Soviets "like true liberators".[85] The Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists rebelled against the Poles, and communist partisans organized local uprisings, such as that in Skidel.[1]
Does any of this explain to you why they hate modern day Russians?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:09 PM

I think that hatred of Russians in the Eastern Europe is sponsored by western powers, their history books are rewritten. They simply don't want these countries to kick out NATO and welcome Russians with bread and salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events