Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:29 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Days after the Democratically elected president was ousted Where to put the blame? An unnessescary tradegy.
The former President of Ukraine was never democratically elected. That was the whole reason behind the protests and his subsequent replacement. He was, however, removed through a democratic process, which then prompted the Russian invasion and the shooting down of the Dutch airliner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 06:34 AM

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Russian government is telling you that US was watching.

Yes, can get 24/h coverage from using different satellites.
You don't know how satellites work. No, you cannot get 100% coverage from satellites over a geography. It's impossible unless you had like thousands of satellites and even then it wouldn't be fully 100% because of various atmosphere/weather conditions.

And "Russian goverment is telling you something", then you know it's wrong. They are about as trustworthy as the North Koreans or Syrians. They would have no idea about where satellites are exactly recording, and the chances of a satellite capturing a single missile attack would be one-in-a-million.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It would be a very good bet that US surveillance was focused on that particular spot of the planet Earth and they were using the fullest capabilities to watch every minute activity taking place.

The CIA did after all orchestrate the coup of an elected government then were hugely surprised at the Russian and Eastern Ukrainian response. But they did achieve their goal. To install Joe Biden's "other son" as head of the state owned gas and oil company.
I'm assuming this is one of the paid Kremlin propagandists, as this post is so ridiculous as to be farce.

How could the U.S. be watching a specific piece of land in Eastern Ukraine at the exact moment a missile hit its target?

And LOL at the CIA supposedly "orchestrating the coup of an elected government". That's a good one! What else do you have for us? Let me guess, Russia never invaded Ukraine, Russia never claimed to annex Crimea, Putin is an honest and decent politician, Russia doesn't murder political adversaries, and the sky is pink. Anything else?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:55 AM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
People have been dying in awful ways for thousands of years. Some things will never change.

I'm not trying to minimize the horror, because this was a horrific event. It's just, history is filled with horrific events.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:02 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
[

You don't know how satellites work. No, you cannot get 100% coverage from satellites over a geography. It's impossible unless you had like thousands of satellites and even then it wouldn't be fully 100% because of various atmosphere/weather conditions.

And "Russian goverment is telling you something", then you know it's wrong. They are about as trustworthy as the North Koreans or Syrians. They would have no idea about where satellites are exactly recording, and the chances of a satellite capturing a single missile attack would be one-in-a-million.
US is poor and can't afford satellites.
We do not have thousands of satellites in orbit.
The big brother is not watching.

yahh right.

I am more concerned that you might actually believe what you are saying to be true.

by the way we have 100% coverage with communications satellites over the entire US, Canada (that's a continent called North America) and Europe (The continent), China also, I don't know about whole Asian Continent .

Even after Edward Snowden and Win 10...

I don't think you actually believe what you are saying. You are just arguing to prove Russia wrong, because that's what you have been sold.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:26 PM

What does GPS stand for ? Global Positioning Satellite, no ?

How does GPS work ?
Quote:
A GPS receiver must be locked on to the signal of at least 3 satellites to calculate a 2-D position (latitude and longitude) and track movement. With four or more satellites in view, the receiver can determine the user's 3-D position (latitude, longitude and altitude).
Guess my cell phone does not have 24/7 GPS enabled ? i am going to google my GPS coordinates right now. It's accurate to 19 feet

Do you have Cable or Satellite TV ? Guess if you have a dish, you don't get 24/7 programming.

What are you even talking about ?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:25 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
US is poor and can't afford satellites.
We do not have thousands of satellites in orbit.
The big brother is not watching.

yahh right.

I am more concerned that you might actually believe what you are saying to be true.

by the way we have 100% coverage with communications satellites over the entire US, Canada (that's a continent called North America) and Europe (The continent), China also, I don't know about whole Asian Continent .

Even after Edward Snowden and Win 10...

I don't think you actually believe what you are saying. You are just arguing to prove Russia wrong, because that's what you have been sold.
Quote:
What does GPS stand for ? Global Positioning Satellite, no ?

How does GPS work ?

Guess my cell phone does not have 24/7 GPS enabled ? i am going to google my GPS coordinates right now. It's accurate to 19 feet

Do you have Cable or Satellite TV ? Guess if you have a dish, you don't get 24/7 programming.

What are you even talking about ?

Do you really not know the basic difference between a radio antenna and a camera lens?

Old 10-14-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Do you really not know the basic difference between a radio antenna and a camera lens?
I agree with you 100%, Russians use a wide angle lenz at 40k feet that covers allot of land with a high resolution, lot's of terapixels...

of course US spy satellites use this camera :

heck without the Russian we would be launching satellites using a giant slingshot, just the Koreans do !

During Cold War, Russians could read your license plate from a nuclear rocket targeting satellite.

Russian Satellite guided missiles are rumored that they can hit a fly, and we just don't have this technology ?

We simply do not have the technology to compete with the Russians

I wonder what planet are these people living on ?

This is NASA satellite image of middle east. Imagine this file to be a number of terabytes in size, so that you can zoom in until you can see a license plate on a car, or a headline of a newspaper. You might not be to see everything and always because of clouds.

Our satellite technology is also used for surveying, we can detect underground bunkers with satellites...

Old 10-14-2015, 02:32 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,397,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The former President of Ukraine was never democratically elected. That was the whole reason behind the protests and his subsequent replacement. He was, however, removed through a democratic process, which then prompted the Russian invasion and the shooting down of the Dutch airliner.
Lol what? The former president was democratically elected and removed by a coup because he signed an agreement that the people were unhappy with. It wasn't until weeks later that he was retroactively "democratically" removed from office by the people who seized power during the coup. for some reason, Obama supported the coup government, not the democratically elected government.

According to the manufacturer of the missile, based on the trajectory of the shrapnel it was determined that the missile was fired from Ukrainian-held territory (the coup Ukrainian government, not the democratic Ukrainian government). Just food for thought.

Oh, and Russia didn't invade the territory where the jet was shot down- that was a civil war between the coup government of Ukraine and Ukrainian rebels who supported the old democratic government. Russia appears to have supplied the Ukrainian rebels, but there were no Russians pulling those triggers.

Just try to get your news from places that aren't run by Obama's press czars.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:35 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:

This is NASA satellite image of middle east. Imagine this file to be a number of terabytes in size, so that you can zoom in until you can see a license plate on a car, or a headline of a newspaper. You might not be to see everything and always because of clouds.

Our satellite technology is also used for surveying, we can detect underground bunkers with satellites...
I'll forgive you for not knowing the physics, but at that scale within the physical dimensions of a lens that can be launched by current boosters, the size of a license plate on the sensor would be smaller than the wavelength of visible light--IOW, impossible.

There is no such thing as an infinitely enlargeable image, despite what you see in the movies.

Higher resolution is achieved by severely limiting the area of coverage--zooming the lens--so that the image is larger on the sensor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events