Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 03:21 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I don't know who the dead guy is, but apparently he died with a smile on his face ...
when did he die??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 03:23 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Lamar Odom spent $75,000 at the brothel where he was found unconscious.
http://nydn.us/1Mst6gB

That makes me angry and sad at the same time.

He could have feed hordes of children with that money.
how about the billions the brothel makes -- they are NOT cheap- least not that one -- ridiculous to me

Old 10-15-2015, 03:26 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Just another dumb ass. Won't be missed.
Sad, but true.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:30 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I never said most. I said many. I come from two parents who are alcoholics and were drug addicts. My father left when Iw as 6 months old. He was in jail/prison numerous times. I never saw him. Finally met him when I was 24/25 years old. Haven't heard from him in 15 years.

We ALL have problems in our lives. That doesn't mean we turn to drugs or alcohol. I could have taken that path, but I chose not to. He had that same choice. He's continued to make the choice to do drugs and hookers while he had his own children who needed him. They didn't matter enough to him. Nothing matters to junkies except their next fix. No sympathy from me. They thrive on sympathy.
Listen I had a parent that was worthless as well, but that is far from where his problems ended, that was just a start, including watching his mother wilt away and die from cancer. His downhill slide really started when he lost his child, that is when the rumors of him having problems started, they reportedly started getting out of hand in 2011, which happened to coincide to him being a passenger in a car which killed a kid.

Those are big problems, problems that destroy people on their own. Let me ask you how many people you have met that lost a child? I have met too many and trust me Odom is not totally out of the norm in long term reaction. How people have you met that watched a kid die in front of them and were perfectly fine after? I have yet to meet one.

While he made bad choices, and is now paying dire consequences, having compassion for someone that has had a personal life like him, while still volunteering for years, providing entertainment for millions over the years, and reportedly being a good father until the drugs took hold the last 4 or 5 years, is worthwhile to me.

You see not all junkies are the same, some do it to deal with the problems that the drugs create, others due it to hide from the real big issues that caused them severe mental issues, such as PTSD which I would believe Odom has judging by the dramatic change in his lifestyle and life in 2011. I say this as someone with a junkie father who I did not meet until I was 14 and who once had to bail out his 14 year old brother who was caught driving with Heroin in the car doing a drug run for our father. Yet I have had issues that you seem to know nothing about as an adult, and there are plenty of times in my life where the idea of getting high and making it all go away have been pretty enticing, I was able to stay away from it, but I understand how easy it could be given his entire life.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I bet as we speak an army of insurance lawyers are going over the clause for not paying policy limits for death while in the commission of a crime ( drug use)
There's going to be a fight....
I never heard of such a thing.

Does that mean if someone gets killed while going over the speed limit in a car, tailgating, not wearing a seat belt, or running a stop sign, etc. their family gets no life insurance money?

Suicide is against the law, yet insurance polices will pay once the policy has been in effect for a certain length of time.

How about if you get killed while jaywalking?.....or shooting off illegal fireworks?

Also, in this case, as with many people who abuse drugs, one could argue that Lamar was suffering from mental illness, depression/PTSD.

What about the family of a veteran suffering PTSD? Takes an illegal drug, commits a crime, gets killed, so their family gets no life insurance money?

Just doesn't sound right to me.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I thought about this.

THere's an informant there, and this person is committing a HIPAA violation. Not only will they get fired, but they will get sued and fined heavily by the hospital. At the worst, all of these, plus imprisonment, will happen.

He or she had better lawyer up very heavily. Once the identity of the leaker is discovered, it's over for that person.
.........or, the information could be coming from family and friends. Family and friends telling other family and friends, and somewhere down the line some of them tell the media.

As we all know, gossip spreads like wildfire.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
I don't follow the Kardashians or basketball and did not know who he is, but frankly, how does anyone feel sympathy for a guy who spent $75k on a weekend of hookers and drugs and is now in a coma?

If this were some musician, people would be rolling their eyes and calling him an idiot.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:27 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I never heard of such a thing.

Does that mean if someone gets killed while going over the speed limit in a car, tailgating, not wearing a seat belt, or running a stop sign, etc. their family gets no life insurance money?

Suicide is against the law, yet insurance polices will pay once the policy has been in effect for a certain length of time.

How about if you get killed while jaywalking?.....or shooting off illegal fireworks?

Also, in this case, as with many people who abuse drugs, one could argue that Lamar was suffering from mental illness, depression/PTSD.

What about the family of a veteran suffering PTSD? Takes an illegal drug, commits a crime, gets killed, so their family gets no life insurance money?

Just doesn't sound right to me.
Read some of your own policies
Acts of God.. War..civil disobedience.. Suicide..criminal acts.. Lots of outs for the insurance companies...
Insurance is only insurance under a very specific set of conditions

Old 10-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Whatever some think about the Kardashians, it is low and dishonest to blame any of Lamar's problems on them.

They have sincerely tried to help Lamar battle his demons and addictions, especially Khloe, who put up with more from Lamar than most wives would. She has consistently tried to help him since they separated and is still there for him now, even arranging to have his children and their mother flown in to be by his side.

Khloe should be applauded for going above and beyond, not demonized.

Lamar Odom has a long history of using prostitutes and drugs, way back to his college days, long, long before he ever met a Kardashian.

As far as the Kardashians bringing along their E film crew, it has been reported that is not true.

The only film crews on the scene belong to outside media/paparazzi.

And, as far as blaming this tragedy on fame, celebrity lifestyle or the Kardashians.......NEWSFLASH......depression, mental illness, drug abuse destroys people and families from all walks of life, the rich and the poor, all across this country.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:08 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
I feel some of us are becoming desensitized to all this because it keeps happening all too often. jmo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events