Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If there's no riots, it's because white people aren't organizing for the child. How is that the fault of black people? Obviously it is an incident that enraged them enough to protest, but not us, not their fault, now is it?
I think it is more showing how we protest......with no police being killed or buildings burning down. We have a justice system, this will be investigated and the cop will have a job or not.

Matter of fact, if you notice many young black girls have been killed by stray bullets under the age of 10......... How many have received attention from those in the black community that believes rioting is the answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 10:03 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
This is just too sad.
Guns come out before even thinking what the situation is.
As long as it's even a slight danger from anything, guns come out and trigger happy.
Even when the location is a residential house with kids asking for help and kids alongside walking to the home, cops can't control trigger.
Worst is, no charges will be filed and if filed, will be dropped.
That's the main reason why cops shoot before thinking.
Give few of these bad apples some rotting time in jail and others will be more patient but that won't happen so suck it up.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:04 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
This is just too sad.
As long as it's even a slight danger from anything, guns come out and trigger happy.
Even when the location is a residential house with kids asking for help and kids alongside walking to the home, cops can't control trigger.
Give few of these bad apples some rotting time in jail and others will be more patient but that won't happen so suck it up.
None of that is correct or true.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:09 AM

Notice how gun control laws that aren't enforced or don't work aren't repealed?

Control of people by removing their rights is a progressive function.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
This is just too sad.
You're right. All too often they get a "free pass".

Old 10-22-2015, 10:17 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
I mean the cop could have simply gone behind the girl who was asking for help and walking with him.
The dog may be just happy to see the girl and was running towards her.
Even if it was charging would have stopped for the girl who the dog recognizes.
It's just, oh danger, gun, bam bam...

Be careful when you call cops and make sure to clean your house all the time.
Who knows, next time it'll be a spider or a bumble bee that a cop shoots and ends up killing someone.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:20 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,166,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Dogs are supposed to be leashed and under the control of their owners. Period.

Unleashed dogs and dogs not under control of their owners are a safety hazard to others and must not be tolerated.

Dogs are unpredictable because they are animals. Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any reaction to their uncontrolled dog. Dogs can and will bite, sometimes without the approval of their owners. The laws are clear, your dog, your responsibility because an uncontrolled dog can injure or kill a human without human intervention.

Leash and control your dog, no problem. Let your dog loose, a big problem, your problem.
So was the dog not on the owner's property? My dog does not have to be leashed on my property and no one should have the right to shoot a person or an animal on their own property regardless of whether they feel threatened or not. They can just leave, if they do get attacked they can then sue the owner for the attack, but you can't walk on to someone's property and then say you feel threatened by them and open fire. If you come on property without me inviting you you are definitely going to feel threatened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
What probably happened was that he went to the house. He has a heavy bleeder. When he entered or was at the door way the dog charged him. The dog looks like a pit bull. The dog has a shock collar. The dog probably is friendly. However in that split second the cop does not know that. The cop makes a decision in one second. He screwed up royally. Misses the dog and shoots the kid. I am not supporting him nor will I bash him. All the facts need to come out. If they determine he was wrong then he has to face the consequences for that. Hope the little girl gets better quick!!
If your first reaction when entering a domestic residence on a bleeding accident is to have firearm ready to rock you are doing something wrong. What the cop should have done if they really felt threatened was go back outside and shut the door. That's what I'd do if I "felt threatened" by a dog. My first instinct certainly wouldn't have been to kick the sh&t out of the dog, which honestly would have been a better choice than the one the cop made.

Even civilian firearms training teaches you to almost never shoot a gun in or into a house because of the chances of ricochets or bullets going through walls and striking others. I would hope they would teach this to individuals that have guns for a living.

Last edited by mizzourah2006; 10-22-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Old 10-22-2015, 10:39 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think it is more showing how we protest......with no police being killed or buildings burning down. We have a justice system, this will be investigated and the cop will have a job or not.

Matter of fact, if you notice many young black girls have been killed by stray bullets under the age of 10......... How many have received attention from those in the black community that believes rioting is the answer?
Well often these situations with black people are not turned over to any justice system...they are saying cop wasn't at fault period...they protest because they WANT it to go through the justice system. When little girls get shot they arrest the perps, therefore no need to protest, Why is this so hard for people to understand??

It is not the protesters who riot, they are simply opportunists.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 AM

^^^ you mean waiting for justice to work like now, on this thread?

No cop hater opportunists on this thread huh?

Old 10-22-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
So was the dog not on the owner's property? My dog does not have to be leashed on my property and no one should have the right to shoot a person or an animal on their own property regardless of whether they feel threatened or not. They can just leave, if they do get attacked they can then sue the owner for the attack, but you can't walk on to someone's property and then say you feel threatened by them and open fire. If you come on property without me inviting you you are definitely going to feel threatened.

If your first reaction when entering a domestic residence on a bleeding accident is to have firearm ready to rock you are doing something wrong. What the cop should have done if they really felt threatened was go back outside and shut the door. That's what I'd do if I "felt threatened" by a dog. My first instinct certainly wouldn't have been to kick the sh&t out of the dog, which honestly would have been a better choice than the one the cop made.

Even civilian firearms training teaches you to almost never shoot a gun in or into a house because of the chances of ricochets or bullets going through walls and striking others. I would hope they would teach this to individuals that have guns for a living.

Wrong, anyone on your property legally authorized to poasess a gun can use it to shoot your dog in self defense. Not even a question.

No one gives up the right to self defense on your pproperty. In fact, and it is a fact, thwy can shoot you in self defense. Laws are clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events