Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:29 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,440,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Except that isn't what we are talking about here.
We are talking about a dog that WAS trained and at great expense to the American taxpayers, I might add.

The latest:

Veteran wants military burial for combat dog shot, killed by... | www.wsbtv.com

An interesting detail from the WP link:

According to the shooter: "When he shot the animal, it was about 5-10 feet away, the man said."
And, we already knew that he shot the dog in the rear.

So, no imminent danger then.

This story reeks.

A combat dog who earned Bronze Stars in Iraq was killed in Wyoming. His owner wants to know why. - The Washington Post
A SUPERIOR post. Unfortunately, many of the folks here who have written galactically idiotic posts without even reading the initial OP article or the ones you referenced will remain "wise in their own conceits (KJV)" ... BTW did I happen to mention UNFORTUNATELY?

And yes indeed ... the perps story REEKS.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 06:33 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,890,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I don't hate dogs....but they are about as smart as cheese-loaf. And the dog-worshippers make it worse by not training their dumb animals, and elevating them to a status that is out of touch with the reality of these dimwitted animals.

Eat and swallow a rubber-toy that will kill you, dine on your own ****, run out and get splattered by a semi, mooch off of humans because you are nowhere near as smart as a coyote or wild cat, attack innocent people, bark at nothing for hours on end..............a truly BRILLIANT animal!!!!!!!!
You don't know my border collie! If this was a hunter that shot and killed the dog and not a bicyclist, my bet the thread would be much longer.

My question; how and why was the dog shot in the back and not the chest or face?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 AM

50,356 posts, read 35,989,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
And incidentally, just what was this dog "trained at great expense to the American taxpayers" trained to do (and earned medals for doing)? Very likely it was attacking people--a "combat dog" as the title says. So now some clown takes this dog to the USA and lets it run loose? Give me a break. The only life for that dog was to be kept tightly under control; the alternative was recklessness and cruelty to animals. I'm just glad it didn't hurt anyone during its post-army life.
He was a bomb-sniffing dog, not an attack dog. It would have taken you less time to look that up than to type your rant.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,476,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Combat dogs dont become combat dogs because they are gentle.
Ok, as the dog attacked, the bullet made a midair U-turn and struck the dog's rear.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 AM

5,427 posts, read 8,110,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My question; how and why was the dog shot in the back and not the chest or face?
I can think of several reasons but I wasn't there so I don't really know.

But who cares?? The important thing is that an apparently dangerous dog was put down and can no longer threaten and harm human beings.

The bicycle rider should be given a medal for his actions.

Last edited by karlsch; 10-20-2015 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-20-2015, 09:23 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,399,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Ok, as the dog attacked, the bullet made a midair U-turn and struck the dog's rear.
Or perhaps the dog was quickly moving? Of course not!

Old 10-20-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I can think of several reasons but I wasn't there so I don't really know.

But who cares?? The important thing is that an apparently dangerous dog was put down and can no longer threaten and harm human beings.

The bicycle rider should be given a medal for his actions.
I think it should be looked into if this bicyclist is anti-military! Possibly he is the rabid one!

Old 10-20-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Or perhaps the dog was quickly moving? Of course not!
Yeah, back to his house/yard. I had a guy one time yelling at my dog to go home, I heard the yelling and went out to see what was going on. My dog had approached the edge of his yard with still another 200 yards away from the walker, just watching the walker, not even barking.The guy was yelling for my dog to go home when the dog had not left his yard.

I told the guy the dog was in his yard and it wasn't helping that he was standing there yelling about the dog being out of his yard. He proceed to tell me, my dog and I were crazy.....some people never acknowledge their own stupidity!

Old 10-20-2015, 01:06 PM

2,094 posts, read 1,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
Sounds like a wuss with a dog that he can't be bothered to keep under control. Great combo.

Or maybe this is an argument for restrictions on guns, so people won't be able to shoot dogs that they think are attacking them. Shall we go there?
Sounds reasonable to me because I doubt the wuss was getting attacked. If you need to take a gun on a bike ride you are biking in the wrong place.

How about some pepper spray or something if you are that chicken of a dog.... what's wrong with you people?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:21 PM

118 posts, read 193,322 times
I didn't read the originally linked article, but in the Daily Mail version, the owner claimed that the dog was an officer in the Army (and was going to try to somehow leverage that fact in a civil suit...not sure now). So, were enlisted men required to salute the dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events