Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times

Advertisements

people that go watch gunfight re-enactments have a constitutional right to come armed for their own protection!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,390,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You should get to be the one that loads the gun the OTHER guy is holding and pointing at you.

Kinda like packing your own parachute.
Now that is an excellent idea. My guess is that the blanks and the weapon would be checked not twice, but a dozen times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's one thing to do it with paintball or airsoft when you are handling a "weapon" that shoots little balls of paint or plastic....but a real firearm that could hold live ammo? And aim it at someone for the sake of training? I dunno. I think i'd still find myself aiming off to the side or over a shoulder.
The miliary used to do the same thing, but at least the weapons used were fitted with a visible device used to stop the wax pellets from leaving the barrel. This made it psychologically easier for me because though you were aiming a weapon at friendlies and firing, the weapon no longer resembled the actual working weapon 100%.

The Law enforcement training tough was alot harder psychologically. The range was alot closer and the weapons were identical to carry weapons. In credit to the comprehensive fire arms training, the scenarios happened so fast that I instinctually aimed and shot center mass, even though I did not truly like the concept.

Last edited by Cryptic; 10-21-2015 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events