Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times

Advertisements

My father would intentionally go to the car dealership looking raggedy to see if they would mistreat him based on his outfit. If they did he would leave, but most times they did not and the sales rep would have no idea that he was paying cash for his new or used car. It was hilarious the few times I saw him do this. Asking for credit? He would throw out his gold and platinum cards and the American Express. It was quite interesting to see him do this, and I learned not to judge people based on the way they are dressed. My Dad was also a Civil Rights Investigator, so he knew what to do!

Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
"Hi. There are 3 black people. They aren't doing anything. Please send the police."

"Holy ****! We're on our way!"

LOL. Only in America. Disgusting.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:06 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Withdraw your cash (or make a deposit, or check your balance, as the case may be) and then leave. Problem solved.
By that logic, everyone should follow that advice. And how do you not know that said person did just that?

Old 10-26-2015, 12:11 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
This occurred in broad daylight. The kids were students with backpacks. They weren't poorly dressed. The caller had left the premises and was never threatened. Never provoked. She just made a complaint that she was uncomfortable because there were black teenagers hanging outside the bank. The complaint came after they held the door open for her to pass through. Classy move on her part.
If that is true, then it tells me that some attitudes don't change. Same as it ever was.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:30 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
By that logic, everyone should follow that advice. And how do you not know that said person did just that?

Caller: “Hi yes umm I want to report that there are 3 umm teenagers in the Citibank on Pennsylvania Avenue and Seventh...that are waiting at the door to let people in, but aren’t doing anything inside of the bank. Uh we just left but we felt like if we had taken money out we might’ve gotten robbed. Umm so...”

Caller: “Ok, thank you. And I have to reiterate the only issue that really made it standout was that they were just...they weren’t doing anything in the bank and as soon as we left they stayed. So, umm that was suspicious.”

(Emphasis added.)

Old 10-26-2015, 12:32 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
This occurred in broad daylight.
The article said that the incident happened in the evening. I have not seen anywhere where the specific time of day was stated.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
"Hi. There are 3 black people. They aren't doing anything. Please send the police."

"Holy ****! We're on our way!"

LOL. Only in America. Disgusting.
After you are robbed,,,,disgusting!!! LOL Only in America!!

Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The article said that the incident happened in the evening. I have not seen anywhere where the specific time of day was stated.
It occurred at about 6 p.m. Still daylight.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:49 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Honestly you are not a victim until you are a victim. Maybe these kids would have done nothing. Maybe they were waiting for some idiot to withdraw money while they were standing there and then rob them. No one will ever know the answer to that. However if she felt that in her gut something was wrong then yeah she should call the police. We used to tell people if you think something is wrong please don't hesitate to call. Go to the NYC Subways. They have signs all over "if you see something say something"! I cant tell you how many times we responded to crimes and when we canvassed we found a witness that saw something but dismissed it. The police response I 100% agree with their actions. A kid bolts from a suspicious person call from an ATM I would be chasing too. Also don't forget if this is their steady sector they may know this bank and they may have a very good idea who the players are there.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Honestly you are not a victim until you are a victim. Maybe these kids would have done nothing. Maybe they were waiting for some idiot to withdraw money while they were standing there and then rob them. No one will ever know the answer to that. However if she felt that in her gut something was wrong then yeah she should call the police. We used to tell people if you think something is wrong please don't hesitate to call. Go to the NYC Subways. They have signs all over "if you see something say something"! I cant tell you how many times we responded to crimes and when we canvassed we found a witness that saw something but dismissed it. The police response I 100% agree with their actions. A kid bolts from a suspicious person call from an ATM I would be chasing too. Also don't forget if this is their steady sector they may know this bank and they may have a very good idea who the players are there.
The kid saw the police and for whatever reason decided to bolt. A chase ensued and he got taken down, questioned and not arrested or charged. The police responded as they should have. I don't have an issue with the police ... I have an issue with the caller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events