Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why do you think? I think it is pretty clear, this was the plan from the beginning.

Those awful teachers, to take any action against this poor kid, of course if he blew up the school, than it would be those awful teachers why didn't they take any action.

They moved here for this reason only, the mission is over, so now they go back.
And they knew just where America's weakness is: the children. I said it before and I'll say it again: they played this country like a fiddle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 03:20 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Wait till he comes out as Gay and joins the Qatar Pride Parade. Maybe even flies the Rainbow Flag and wants to discuss Politics.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:49 PM

1,261 posts, read 949,720 times
Quote:
Not calling you out specifically, but several people on this thread seem really confused or maybe uneducated about geography. Ahmed Mohamed and his family are from Sudan. Sudan is in Africa. They are moving to Qatar. Qatar is a small country on the Arabian peninsula, so not even the same continent. They are not going "back". Going back would entail returning to Sudan. Although there are many people in Sudan with Arab roots, the culture is different from Qatari culture. Lumping them together as a single place would be about as accurate as considering the US, Canada, Great Britain and Australia as the same, since we all have Anglo roots.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:49 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,097,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
These are the same people who supported both Bush Sr and Junior when they invaded Iraq. Iraq's invasion of Kuwait had to be stopped for the sake of oil and the second invasion was to find the WMD's. Both of which were a farce. Now the country is in disarray, there is no government and thugs like ISIS, Al Queda and all other militants and taking it over. There is no hope for that country and the world just hates us more every day. Nice going Murica!

If you want to go along with them, just let me know. I'm sure I could easily collect enough donations to get you a first class one way ticket to one of those hellholes over there, where I am sure you would be as happy as a pig in you know what.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:53 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Good let him move and we will throw Obama and his family in for free .
Since were sending presidents and first families to the Middle East then let's also send the Bushes to Saudi Arabia so they can hold hands with the Saudi royal family all they want.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:10 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,097,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Sure is one ugly side the Americans. This is a KID, not an adult. Geez, we certainly have gotten aggressive towards others. I know religion is done in the US as is clear by how people treat each other, but we could show a little compassion for at least kids. Wow.

So, you know that religion is done in this country by how we treat each other. You should make the connection that it was people of this persuasion that caused religion to be "done". Before we had so many muslims in this country, we had Christmas trees, now we have holiday trees. Schools used to have Christmas break, now we have winter break. People actually used to wish each other "Merry Christmas", now one can't do that for fear of offending muslims. Funny, there were plenty of religions here and no one was offended before so many muslims came here. And the really ironic part is that if we visited a muslim country, we would not be allowed to worship God as Christians or Jews, for islam is the only religion allowed.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:22 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I think a lot of people think this was a setup. I have my suspicions, too. It seems a little too odd. He's middle eastern. He must know that there is paranoia in our country because middle easterners blew up Boston recently, the 911 incident, and many other incidents. Yet, he puts together something that has a tick-tock, and takes it to his teacher to show her his "clock." He had to know that the tick-tock would be investigated. He had to. At the least, his parents would have known (he most certainly showed it to his parents0.

Now that the family is moving to a ME country, that supports the suspicion even more. So I think that has a lot to do with some people's statements about the young man and his family. It all just doesn't add up to what it is represented to be, some people think.
When did Middle Easterners blow up Boston?

Old 10-22-2015, 04:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,673,750 times
Ditto to ^^^ everyone above here. I turned around on this story. Originally I thought it was overreacting. Now the kid looks like a whiny little brat, and so does the dad. Almost as if they planned it this way. The sister was suspended for talking about blowing up the school and blamed it on a "difference in culture". Not sure what to infer from that other than it's normal to talk that way in Arab countries--or at least in this family's house.

Next, Clock Boy cranks up his latest invention, gets Presidential coverage, and finally the dad says they're going to Qatar to be more accepted. It's almost as if the dad had a part in engineering the whole situation. Whatever the case, I hope that they enjoy their stay in a more "accepting" country.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,673,750 times
Quote:
Why do you think? I think it is pretty clear, this was the plan from the beginning.

Those awful teachers, to take any action against this poor kid, of course if he blew up the school, than it would be those awful teachers why didn't they take any action.

Exactly. Let's see how much we can get away with. First the daughter talks about blowing the place up and gets suspended. OK, that didn't work. Next we'll build a... clock. Ah, not only can we get away with our clock but the President himself gets involved.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:36 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
Default This was no innocent kid

Almed showed the "clock" to the teacher he allegedly brought it to show to impress.. who told the kid to put it in his locker and take it home. He did not obey because he wanted attention that had NOTHING to do with impressing his teacher as stated in his initial press statement. He wanted to stir things up. That is why the alarm "accidentally went off" in his class later in the day. And did you notice the composed smiling student giving the press statement? Saying her brought it in to school to impress a single teacher (the same one who did view it in 2nd period and said to put it away and keep it out of sight).

The police did the correct thing by handcuffing this student. Though it seems harsh, can you imagine what might have happened it the boy start flailing his arms around and an officer may have interpreted his movements as an attempt to grap an officer's weapon? Keeping anyone in custody in restraints has, unfortunately, been the effective way to keep them safe by keeping them contained. This student was never arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events