Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times

Advertisements

Clock kid’ Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar

Ahmed’s sister Eyman said the Middle East won’t feel too different from the U.S., except that the family will be surrounded by Muslims like themselves - That sounds, really racist and xenophobic.

“Qatar is in the Arab world, but it also feels like Texas..” But, Texas was a racist hell-hole filled with Islamaphobic racists. I'm so confused now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 11:25 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
I am curious to know how many people on this thread have lived in the Middle East, and in which countries? There seem to be a lot of people here who know an awful lot about it... I'd also love to know how of the posters on this thread have had the experience of being an immigrant or being a minority in the country you live in?

Old 10-22-2015, 11:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Clock kid’ Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar

Ahmed’s sister Eyman said the Middle East won’t feel too different from the U.S., except that the family will be surrounded by Muslims like themselves - That sounds, really racist and xenophobic.

“Qatar is in the Arab world, but it also feels like Texas..” But, Texas was a racist hell-hole filled with Islamaphobic racists. I'm so confused now...
Yeah, they're so oppressed here.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:40 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Great, Im sure he can put his clock making skills to work over there........

"We are going to move to a place where my kids can study and learn, and all of them being accepted by that country," Ahmed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, told The Dallas Morning News before boarding an airplane from Washington back home to Texas on Tuesday.

Texas teen arrested for homemade clock to move to Qatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

Old 10-22-2015, 12:05 PM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I am curious to know how many people on this thread have lived in the Middle East, and in which countries? There seem to be a lot of people here who know an awful lot about it... I'd also love to know how of the posters on this thread have had the experience of being an immigrant or being a minority in the country you live in?
Raising my hand to "yes" regarding immigrant/minority. So grateful to the US for giving us a safe place....hands across our hearts every year at the July 4th swearing in ceremony. That's my family. We didn't bring items to school that looked like bombs. We worked on assimilating.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:05 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that these people weren't poor beleaguered immigrants, they were frauds.

Big difference.

Of course it's tough to be the minority in any situation. Duh.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:02 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Why did his family even move here? They obviously had no interest in assimilating and becoming American citizens. Something is really wrong with our immigration system, even the the legal kind.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:11 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Sure is one ugly side the Americans. This is a KID, not an adult. Geez, we certainly have gotten aggressive towards others. I know religion is done in the US as is clear by how people treat each other, but we could show a little compassion for at least kids. Wow.
I think a lot of people think this was a setup. I have my suspicions, too. It seems a little too odd. He's middle eastern. He must know that there is paranoia in our country because middle easterners blew up Boston recently, the 911 incident, and many other incidents. Yet, he puts together something that has a tick-tock, and takes it to his teacher to show her his "clock." He had to know that the tick-tock would be investigated. He had to. At the least, his parents would have known (he most certainly showed it to his parents0.

Now that the family is moving to a ME country, that supports the suspicion even more. So I think that has a lot to do with some people's statements about the young man and his family. It all just doesn't add up to what it is represented to be, some people think.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:16 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I think a lot of people think this was a setup. I have my suspicions, too. It seems a little too odd. He's middle eastern. He must know that there is paranoia in our country because middle easterners blew up Boston recently, the 911 incident, and many other incidents. Yet, he puts together something that has a tick-tock, and takes it to his teacher to show her his "clock." He had to know that the tick-tock would be investigated. He had to. At the least, his parents would have known (he most certainly showed it to his parents0.

Now that the family is moving to a ME country, that supports the suspicion even more. So I think that has a lot to do with some people's statements about the young man and his family. It all just doesn't add up to what it is represented to be, some people think.

Of course it was a setup. Moving to a different state requires thought and planning. Never mind leaving the country, you just don't decide in a month to do that.

You could tell this kid was enjoying the coverage and the family was behind it. This was all planned out.

And I withheld judgement until I saw the "clock", it didn't look like a clock at all, which was also part of the plan, this was clearly all staged.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Why did his family even move here? They obviously had no interest in assimilating and becoming American citizens. Something is really wrong with our immigration system, even the the legal kind.

Why do you think? I think it is pretty clear, this was the plan from the beginning.

Those awful teachers, to take any action against this poor kid, of course if he blew up the school, than it would be those awful teachers why didn't they take any action.

They moved here for this reason only, the mission is over, so now they go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events