Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 02:22 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
What the heck:

Update: Woman who accidentally discharged weapon at Beaumont hos - 12 News

Even if it was an accidental discharge (and I would only accept it as such if the weapon was examined by experts and found to be faulty), the woman should still face criminal negligence charges. At the end the day, those who chose to carry weapons need practice hyper vigilance against accidental and "accidental" discharges.

Thanks
One of the commenters asserts that particular building has a valid Texas code 30.06 sign prohibiting concealed weapons. If that is true, charges should have been filed against her. If she was not a CHL holder, then additional charges should be filed.

I can only surmise that neither statement is true...I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 02:23 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Guns don't go off like that unless you have no clue about guns.
Which plenty of people don't. Remember the dumb, stupid woman killed in the grocery aisle the other week by her toddler because she kept a loaded, cocked pistol in her purse?

Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 PM

350 posts, read 477,366 times
Quote:
Personally I have never encountered a situation at a doctor's office that required the use of a firearm, nor do I envision one. So I do not carry there.
Personally, I have never encountered a situation at any time in my life that required the use of a firearm, nor do I envision one. So I have never carried one (and would prefer to know that others aren't as well).

Old 10-22-2015, 02:40 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Personally, I have never encountered a situation at any time in my life that required the use of a firearm, nor do I envision one. So I have never carried one (and would prefer to know that others aren't as well).
Many women disagree with you....

Old 10-22-2015, 02:43 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,389,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
One of the commenters asserts that particular building has a valid Texas code 30.06 sign prohibiting concealed weapons. If that is true, charges should have been filed against her. If she was not a CHL holder, then additional charges should be filed.

I can only surmise that neither statement is true...I hope.
Good points. In addition, the proscecutor, not the police chief has the final say on who will, or will not be charged criminally. Perhaps it is time for Beaumont to get a new police chief.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:45 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Funny thing is, everyone seems to think that this is the norm....when half the people killed by guns are suicide, which brings the number of people killed by guns down to about the 11,000 yearly mark...(even the obama admin says this), and how many are killed by gangs?

Hell, this thread has garnered more attention than the thread I posted about 2 children being killed in drive by shootings......

F'n amazing!

Old 10-22-2015, 03:09 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
A good majority of modern firearms are drop safe. What good is an empty chamber?
nothing that a pull on the slide or a **** of the hammer will not remedy quickly..........

Old 10-22-2015, 03:09 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Personally, living and working in the Peoples' Republic of Massachussetts for more than 20 years, which has some fairly strict gun control laws, I have encountered a number of situations where my [licensed] carrying of a [legal] firearm was instrumental in defending myself, and most likely saved my life on more than one occasion. So, I prefer to carry one, and would prefer to know that other law-abiding citizens are carrying them as well. I ALWAYS carried when I lived there.

Conversely, now living in Maine where no 'license' is required to carry, I often don't. The crime rate seems to be much lower here.

Many people never get assaulted, robbed, carjacked or have their homes invaded...but that doesn't change the fact that it can and does happen to others. Some are prepared and have the means and will to defend themselves, the others are helpless victims.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Personally, I have never encountered a situation at any time in my life that required the use of a firearm
I suspect, however, that there are people of your current acquaintance who have.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:43 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Typical media reporting. They completely fail to mention that this woman could just as easily have fallen into a swimming pool.
^ WHAT??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events