U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 1,713,249 times
Reputation: 1829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
No conventional doctors recommend red meat. None. And most agree that cured processed meat is bad for you.

The World Health Organization is not run by a bunch of hippies.
Conventional doctors also recommend you (or rather push you to) take a full course of antibiotics for the simplest of things. Conventional doctors also tell those with diseases like gastritis to take proton pump inhibitors even though it may make your gastro system worse. Nay conventional doctors tell you to do lots of things just so they can get money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2015, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
2,526 posts, read 1,162,667 times
Reputation: 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Conventional doctors also recommend you (or rather push you to) take a full course of antibiotics for the simplest of things. Conventional doctors also tell those with diseases like gastritis to take proton pump inhibitors even though it may make your gastro system worse. Conventional doctors tell you to do lots of things just so they can get money.
Docs are trained and motivated (expected !!!) to (1) assign a diagnosis for what ails us, (2) and then treat it (somehow)

They do this not least because we (the patients, past, present and future)
GO to the docs in the clinics and tell them about our bothersome symptoms
and then the docs do exams and tests looking for signs that illuminate the nature and cause of the symptoms
They presume -- rightly ??? -- that the reason we GO to the docs in the clinics in the first place is because we want relief from the symptoms, perhaps even a "cure" for *whatever* ...

True ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2015, 11:10 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 1,713,249 times
Reputation: 1829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Docs are trained and motivated (expected !!!) to (1) assign a diagnosis for what ails us, (2) and then treat it (somehow) …

They do this not least because we (the patients, past, present and future)
GO to the docs in the clinics and tell them about our bothersome symptoms …
… and then the docs do exams and tests looking for signs that illuminate the nature and cause of the symptoms …
They presume -- rightly ??? -- that the reason we GO to the docs in the clinics in the first place is because we want relief from the symptoms, perhaps even a "cure" … for *whatever* ...

True … ???
My point is we can't really trust in a conventional doctor. They would be right in testing but not always in treatment. They often take the lazy way out and prescribe poison capsules instead of trying to really get to the root of the problem so I would definitely not say the fact that a conventional doctor said it is a reason to not eat red meat.
When I go to a doctor that's what I would hope to look for: an actual solution not a way to numb the pain. If I was interested in numbing pain I might as well go against my morals and become an alcoholic.

Naturopathic/holistic doctors should you be able to afford them I would trust more. They would handle the body the way science intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 12:12 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,888 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Reputation: 18291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Conventional doctors also recommend you (or rather push you to) take a full course of antibiotics for the simplest of things. Conventional doctors also tell those with diseases like gastritis to take proton pump inhibitors even though it may make your gastro system worse. Nay conventional doctors tell you to do lots of things just so they can get money.
Actually, doctors have really put the brakes on prescribing antibiotics, but when they do, then they recommend taking the full course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Minnesota
2,526 posts, read 1,162,667 times
Reputation: 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
My point is we can't really trust in a conventional doctor. They would be right in testing but not always in treatment. They often take the lazy way out and prescribe poison capsules instead of trying to really get to the root of the problem so I would definitely not say the fact that a conventional doctor said it is a reason to not eat red meat.
When I go to a doctor that's what I would hope to look for: an actual solution not a way to numb the pain. If I was interested in numbing pain I might as well go against my morals and become an alcoholic.

Naturopathic/holistic doctors should you be able to afford them I would trust more. They would handle the body the way science intended.
"Holistic" medicine indeed takes the entire person into account, not just a set of symptoms and signs and many "conventional" docs these days are *there* ...

"Naturopathic" medicine, OTOH Well

But indeed, if you don't place any significant trust in the M.D.s in the clinics and hospitals, then for sure go somewhere else ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top