U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 03:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,165,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Every day it's something else causing cancer, heart disease, etc. Listen to the ads on TV for medicines and you wouldn't take any of them. One day coffee is good for you , the next day it will kill you. Stop already! People are living longer and longer, hell somethings gonna kill us!
Salads and fresh fruits Red wine Dark chocolate Butter mixed 50/50 with olive oil (I refer to it as "technical virgin" olive oil ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 03:46 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,205,089 times
Although I've been snacking on my Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola from Costco all day, I will continue to enjoy sausage, bacon, pepperoni, ham and hard salami whenever the mood strikes me.

Due to the high calorie content, I'm guessing I've ingested about 1,400 calories from this stuff today. I'm going to get fat from flax, pumpkin seeds and granola.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:54 PM

11,993 posts, read 6,607,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Although I've been snacking on my Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola from Costco all day, I will continue to enjoy sausage, bacon, pepperoni, ham and hard salami whenever the mood strikes me.

Due to the high calorie content, I'm guessing I've ingested about 1,400 calories from this stuff today. I'm going to get fat from flax, pumpkin seeds and granola.
My ex work husband used to complain that bags of nut mixes, etc. from Costco would cause emergency bathroom breaks. He would eat about a third of a bag at each sitting. Each bag had about 30 servings.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:56 PM

11,993 posts, read 6,607,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Salads and fresh fruits Red wine Dark chocolate Butter mixed 50/50 with olive oil (I refer to it as "technical virgin" olive oil ...
Butter mixed 50/50 with olive oil? I'm guessing that is for bread or do you use it in other applications?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:02 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,165,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Butter mixed 50/50 with olive oil? I'm guessing that is for bread or do you use it in other applications?
General cooking ...

Old 10-26-2015, 04:08 PM

13,655 posts, read 11,126,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is hardly "news".
I watched a documentary awhile back where cancer ceased for a short time during ww1; red meat famine.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:19 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,442,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and unprocessed red meat is 'probably carcinogenic.'
The World Health Organization said Monday that eating processed meat such as sausages and ham causes cancer, while unprocessed red meat may also be carcinogenic.

How did you make the intellectual leap from the report stating that "unprocessed red meat may also be carcinogenic" to your declaration that "unprocessed red meat is probably carcinogenic"? Other than vegan logic.

And btw, most knowledgeable people in the US realize that the WHO is a just a tool of Euro leftists to advance their political agendas.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:27 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,632,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
[/indent]How did you make the intellectual leap from the report stating that "unprocessed red meat may also be carcinogenic" to your declaration that "unprocessed red meat is probably carcinogenic"? Other than vegan logic.

And btw, most knowledgeable people in the US realize that the WHO is a just a tool of Euro leftists to advance their political agendas.
Lol, that's funny, the OP is far from being a leftist.

It's a no brainer that red meat & processed meat is unhealthy. Anyone with a brain knows that.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:36 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,442,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, that's funny, the OP is far from being a leftist.

It's a no brainer that red meat & processed meat is unhealthy. Anyone with a brain knows that.
I never said the Op was a leftist.
Thank you for your brilliant and persuasive dietary insights.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:39 PM

2,598 posts, read 1,051,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and unprocessed red meat is 'probably carcinogenic.'
The World Health Organization said Monday that eating processed meat such as sausages and ham causes cancer, while unprocessed red meat may also be carcinogenic.

The WHO's cancer research unit now classifies processed meat as "carcinogenic to humans" based on evidence from hundreds of studies, and linked it specifically to colon, or colorectal, cancer.

The report outlined that simply eating 50 grams of processed meat each day -- the equivalent of two slices of ham -- can increase the risk of such cancer by 18%. However, the authors say the risks are relatively small to begin with.
Processed meat causes cancer, says WHO - Oct. 26, 2015
Guess I better not be going to Ruths Chris next week for a large steak!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or