Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 03:19 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No kidding. We've been told that for twenty years. Also, the risk is minuscule. It may contribute to 30,000 deaths per year ( worldwide ) according to the study.

Choking on meat probably causes more deaths. Now pass the A1.
My sweetie spouse and I had a yummy steak dinner just Sunday night …

New York strip, marinated for a few hours prior, cooked medium well … What's not to like … ???

Since we are eventually some day certainly going to die from something*or*other, we may as well die from enjoyment of that *something* … Yes … ???

Look, the prudes and puritans seem to think that anything delicious is bad for you … Too bad …

(On Hallowe'en we'll be giving out CANDY, and it won't be sugar*free fat*free, either -- not tofu or brussels sprouts or cedar bark … Get over it …)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 03:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
My sweetie spouse and I had a yummy steak dinner just Sunday night …

New York strip, marinated for a few hours prior, cooked medium well … What's not to like … ???

Since we are eventually some day certainly going to die from something*or*other, we may as well die from enjoyment of that *something* … Yes … ???

Look, the prudes and puritans seem to think that anything delicious is bad for you … Too bad …

(On Hallowe'en we'll be giving out CANDY, and it won't be sugar*free fat*free, either -- not tofu or brussels sprouts or cedar bark … Get over it …)
Yeah, cooking a yummy steak on the grill increases the risk due to the carbon. You know how to mitigate that risk?marinate the meat in something containing citrus and have a big glass of red wine ( or a spinach salad ) with dinner. Antioxidants to the rescue! Tasty as well.

Anybody who gives out healthy stuff of Halloween deserves the toilet paper.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:32 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Soon all we can eat is air and filtered water...Wait..I'm already on that diet

Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
How soon before someone proposes a ban?
Cigs are still legal.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:04 PM

589 posts, read 696,209 times
I'm still waiting for researchers to announce that water is cancerous.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den0190 View Post
I'm still waiting for researchers to announce that water is cancerous.
In some areas, it is.

Let's face it. Life is 100% fatal.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
I don't think its about these things killing you as such.

I think its about avoiding the disease in the first place.

As so many have said, moderation is the key.

And trust me, when you're only 50 and have already had 2 friends chopped up due to bowel cancer at 55, you take notice of something like this.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:51 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
In some areas, it is.

I also found out that there is such a thing as being an aquaholic. Of course you'd have to drink A LOT and I mean a lot of water for it to be fatal but still the fact that you can drink too much water is mind blowing.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:42 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Quote:
In some areas, it is.

You can tiptoe carefully through your life, taking no risks, making constantly sure that you are in no danger of any harm of any sort … and eventually arrive safely at the hour of your death …

"Hail, Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and Blessed is the Fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I watched a documentary awhile back where cancer ceased for a short time during ww1; red meat famine.
Yes it did. And then it picked up after WWII. Between the depression, WWI and WWII, Americans and others went on a red meat eating frenzy following WWII in the late 40s, 50s and 60s.

That was followed by an epidemic of cancer in the late 70s and 80s.

Meat was plentiful in my home. Cured meat, and steak - which my parents had char grilled - another carcinogen. Bacon several times a week was the norm.

My parents and their siblings amounted to eight people. Five died in their 40s 50s and 60s of cancer.

One is alive. My father. He stopped eating red meat in the 70s.

Today, I have cousins and siblings, the off spring of those eight people, who range from 70-35. All are healthy. They are pescatearians, vegetarians, vegans, people who eat meat a couple of times per year. They all eat a conscious diet. As opposed to their parents.

In both families there was no previous generational predisposition towards cancer.

The WHO has nothing to gain from this. They will not make money by the release of this information.

Now by contrast, the meat industry has many reasons to keep you hooked on their product. Just think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events