Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

The officer pulled a weapon and when the kid tried to flee, he jumped in front of a moving vehicle putting himself in danger, which arguably made the shooting substantiated. Had he chose to let the kid flee and wait for a better opportunity, we wouldn't be dealing with a dead body.

The kid seen a gun and ran . He had is girlfriend in the front seat also, eating an ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 05:58 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
We need a 10 week course for all High Schoolers to complete before they are allowed to graduate. The 'kids' would be instructed on how to conduct themselves around Law Enforcement Personnel. They would be shown videos and material on how to act if they are in a situation with a Police Officer. I would envision demos of actual officers taking down perpetrators. I would show them the size of the hole and blood on a real gunshot wound, not a hollywood one. I would have speakers that were shot and survived come in and show the students their gunshot deformities.

This may save a few more lives and make a Police Officer's job a bit easier. Heck, I it might be good to have them sign a Pledge that they will respect Law Enforcement and they job they do for Society.

Just a Utopian thought. Ok, naysayers, let me have it. I am sure this is going to rile someone?

Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
The officer pulled a weapon and when the kid tried to flee, he jumped in front of a moving vehicle putting himself in danger, which arguably made the shooting substantiated. Had he chose to let the kid flee and wait for a better opportunity, we wouldn't be dealing with a dead body.

The kid seen a gun and ran . He had is girlfriend in the front seat also, eating an ice cream.
Read the laws. No police officer is required to retreat or fail to arrest because some punk decides to attack them.

Isn't it nice to be able to start responsibility at the time of your choosing instead of when the first choice ro break the law takes place?

Punk is dead because of what he did.

Who cares what his girlfriend was doing? She wasn't shot. If the punk would have decided to eat an ice cream instead of becoming a criminal, he'd be alive.

At least now the girl can go find a smarter boyfriend.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Please contribute before asking something of others.

Anyone can guess.. Since its okay for you to guess, then it is okay for anyone else too. Guess he could have had a gun in the car, since we're guessing.

The facts are: stupid criminal tried to resist arrest, abscond and tried to run over a cop.

Cop shot stupid criminal dead. No doubt that the criminal was stupid, it is a fact.

Cop is not being charged.

Those are the facts, they are not in dispute despite your attempts to make this about me.
Please watch the video before you contribute. That cop should have let that kid drive on. He wasn't trying to run the cop over, he was trying to run away. I'm sure there would have been another opportunity to catch him. He could have possibly been reformed, but now he's dead so that chance is over. The problem is some cops out here are just gun happy and shoot as soon as they get scared. He's not fit for police work.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:25 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Please watch the video before you contribute. That cop should have let that kid drive on. He wasn't trying to run the cop over, he was trying to run away. I'm sure there would have been another opportunity to catch him. He could have possibly been reformed, but now he's dead so that chance is over. The problem is some cops out here are just gun happy and shoot as soon as they get scared. He's not fit for police work.
I agree. The kid probably was "high" and paranoid when he seen the cop. The cop just really was looking for a reason to use his gun that day....claiming the good old fashion "felt my life was in imminent danger" claim

The teen was un-armed. The cop was not in front of the car at all and the cop should have approached from behind.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Read the laws. No police officer is required to retreat or fail to arrest because some punk decides to attack them.

Isn't it nice to be able to start responsibility at the time of your choosing instead of when the first choice ro break the law takes place?

Punk is dead because of what he did.

Who cares what his girlfriend was doing? She wasn't shot. If the punk would have decided to eat an ice cream instead of becoming a criminal, he'd be alive.

At least now the girl can go find a smarter boyfriend.
Mhhm. People wonder why there's so many "cop haters" and "anti-cop" folks out there, this attitude is disgusting.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
It looks like he just tried to drive off. I'm not understanding why the cop had to shoot him?
Clearly he wanted to run the cop over. What video were you watching? He had NO regard for the cop's life.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Mhhm. People wonder why there's so many "cop haters" and "anti-cop" folks out there, this attitude is disgusting.
Disgusting are the excuses for thugs, punks and others who won't obey they laws, create the conditions for their own demise and then the apologists and bleeding hearts who wouldn't live within miles of any of them, complain about the police.

Right, some people hate cops because thugs and punks break laws. Save it.

There we have it, don't blame the criminal for anything. Criminal uses a gun to kill? Blame guns and everyone else. Criminal throws away their lofe? Blame the cop.

Who will you blame when the criminal invades your home and rapes your wife, the tooth fairy?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I don't think he tried running the cop over.. the cop was no where in front of the car... He was by the driver door..He tried getting away. We can't deny that.

Ive seen dozens of videos of police in the same exact situation, if not WORST , and they do not shoot the driver in the head...

Every time a cops murders people , they can claim their life is in "danger" and that really needs to stop....

If the cop followed protocol and stayed behind the vehicle, then his "life in danger" would have never happened.
A friend of mine was in EXACTLY the same situation. Driver turned into him, knocked him over and one wheel ran over his arm. He was able to draw his gun after being knocked down, but perp crashed into a pylon, and his partner arrested him. My friend got very close to losing his life. He did not approach with gun drawn, and maybe he should have.

I'm not a cop or former cop BTW. But know a few.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:37 PM

399 posts, read 407,069 times
If drugs were legal the punk wouldn't have been selling drugs, he'd be running some other kind of hustle. Legalizing drugs would do nothing to prevent these occurrences or make decent people out of the criminally minded. All it would do is send children the message that frying their brains with chemicals is an acceptable practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events