Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,737,233 times

Advertisements

It happens guys. Happens all the time. At least once a year there is a big riot after some stupid sports event. Cops get seriously hurt and millions of dollars worth of damage. I do agree that children don't really fear adults anymore. I disagree with saying it only applies to one community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 10:29 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,737,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquiller1 View Post
The sad thing is the usual race baiters will come into this thread just to bash the black people--rather than bashing the parents of these kids who clearly aren't raising them properly.
Yep. That's what this thread is for. Pulling a story about black students wilding is not going to shock anyone. These stories happen every day in various places in America. The poster has an agenda and a point they want to prove.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:46 AM

5,852 posts, read 3,281,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Yep. That's what this thread is for. Pulling a story about black students wilding is not going to shock anyone. These stories happen every day in various places in America. The poster has an agenda and a point they want to prove.
Actually I am the original poster. Please show me in any of my posts that I have tried to bring up race in any sort of fashion. Again I did say that this thread has nothing to do with race rather it has everything to do with students who have zero respect for authority. I personally don't care about the race of the students. I care about their behavior!

Old 10-31-2015, 11:09 AM

50,469 posts, read 24,054,533 times
Let's clarify something here. About what percent of students were actually involved in the brawl, and what percent were avid onlookers?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:24 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Coming to an Obamaville near you.

This is what they want, this is what they were hoping to get. This kind of behavior has been encouraged, and the mainstream media is certainly guilty of promoting it.
There's always someone who ties the President into every story. (except when he accomplishes something important) Obamaville? I wish I could afford to live in his Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago. (the White House isn't quite my style. lol) Not sure if he bought an estate in Hawaii, since there have been so many rumors about it. In any case, leave the Prez out of this and stick to the topic.

I love the way the politicians have convinced people the media is one-sided and liberal. Yes, Fox is so left-wing. I do agree that people enjoy chaos which is what the news caters to these days, and we cannot trust everything we read, hear or see. A story like "Cute puppy learns to sit" just doesn't excite anyone.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:33 AM

471 posts, read 619,188 times
3rd world behavior.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:34 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The Blaze? Um, what kind of news source is that? Looks pretty pathetic to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
The Blaze is one of Glenn Beck's projects. If you aren't familiar with Glenn, Google him.

I agree, so here are other links to the story.

[url]http://6abc.com/education/police-4-officers-injured-in-after-school-student-brawl/1058905/[/url]

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/4-cops-injured-3-youths-busted-brawl-pa-school-article-1.2417481[/url]

[url]http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/allentown-students-react-to-brawl-outside-allen-high-school/36145844[/url]

Old 10-31-2015, 01:20 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,662,148 times
Basing your understanding of current school environment because you went to school until the early 90s, your knowledge of what public school is 1.0 while the actual current school climate is 8.0.

You are playing Tetris on your 1st generation Game Boy while the rest of the world has marched on.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:35 PM

320 posts, read 352,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Video Apparently Shows High School Girl Slamming Female Cop to the Ground in After-School Brawl - Inside Edition

Now THIS is where you need to start tossing bodies on the ground. Not when a student is seated in a chair not doing anything violent or threatening.

This happened today about 30 mins from where i live.
I'm just curious...how would you describe student demeanor in your area?

Old 10-31-2015, 01:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,514,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I know the other thread just making a point and not the purpose of this post.

I know what it's like in public schools i was in them when i was a child in the late 80s early 90s.

It's not just public schools anyway the stories of nuns hitting kids with rulers for being disobedient isn't something made up, and they were doing that decades ago.
Then why bring up the other thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events