Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 12:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because people such as you push and push every single time there is a some type of shooting to say see see see....guns are bad, yet fail to even be upset that 2 children were killed in drive by shootings.....

Sorry, but you and your anti gun friends are failing....look at the entire picture, not focus on what on what you think the problem is....
It's not a game of thrones Chucky. As I've explained before to you, I am not anti-gun. Too late for that; you and others are doomed to ride this pony 'til it drops.

Your emotive silliness illustrates exactly what's wrong with the proliferation of them in the hands of immature, mentally deranged and criminal people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 01:17 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm wondering why an event showing up for two days in international news would not be deemed noteworthy enough to be posted here in Current Events?

Police say gunman kills 3 in downtown Colorado Springs

Not to worry, we can always count on gun grabbers such as yourself to make sure it is posted everywhere.
We know that anything that involves a gun will immediately be big news here, so we are sure not to miss anything.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
In Chicago that is just a typical day!
I guess you were right on the money:

Police: Customer with concealed carry license kills robber at corner store - Chicago Tribune

Old 11-01-2015, 02:05 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
It's not a game of thrones Chucky. As I've explained before to you, I am not anti-gun. Too late for that; you and others are doomed to ride this pony 'til it drops.

Your emotive silliness illustrates exactly what's wrong with the proliferation of them in the hands of immature, mentally deranged and criminal people.
Never said it was BS.....but keep thinking that it's only us "good guys with guns" who are doing all this damage, that is your narrative, right? I mean you say you are a gun owner, yet only post in bull crap threads such as this...right?

Your ignorance does not realize what is actually going on....hell, you and your stupid ilk fail to even realize after FBI data proves you completely 100% wrong...yet your ignorance and your fellow anti gun folks (you can say your anti gun all you want, your record here on CD proves you wrong).

SO, lets end this now BS.....this is a 2 part question, so you may have to think a little:

What style of gun kills more than anything other gun?

What style guns are on the "bad list"?

Go ahead, when you actually look at the entire picture, you maybe amazed, doubtful, but we will see....

Old 11-01-2015, 02:10 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
It's taking you this long to figure it out?

Hell, it goes further than that,

Weekend Violence « CBS Chicago

But lets only worry about the person who has a concealed carry permit....lets not worry about the 15 year old who was standing on her porch and was shot....do you think that person that was shooting had a concealed permit?

You have something to ride BS.....but I'm afraid you may like it like that.....

Old 11-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Not to worry, we can always count on gun grabbers such as yourself to make sure it is posted everywhere.
We know that anything that involves a gun will immediately be big news here, so we are sure not to miss anything.
I don't want your guns.

In what part of the world, besides some third world chit-hole, would killings by any firearm NOT be considered newsworthy?

Do you really want your country reduced to that of the insignificant over something as stupid as your petty love affair with the firearm?

Old 11-01-2015, 02:18 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,173 times
Default Names are being withheld for unknown reasons

Quote:
I'm wondering why an event showing up for two days in international news would not be deemed noteworthy enough to be posted here in Current Events?

Police say gunman kills 3 in downtown Colorado Springs
An interesting thing is that (as of right now) the shooter and victims haven't had their names released. Usually that happens within a few hours.

I wonder if the shooter was an Open Carry agitator, calmly walking down the street as they are prone to doing? The gunman was described as very calm; someone we might not know from a "good guy with a gun" at any given moment. How can anyone fast-track a mental evaluation in such a situation? It only takes a quick lifting motion and finger movement to return to Dodge City.

I am weary of the claim that someone with extreme gun politics is "law-abiding" by mere virtue of having not shot a person yet, when you can tell that's their fantasy (in self defense, usually). A number of them practice on animals for years and you can't identify them on the street until bullets are airborne. I suspect many people have strolled right past some CCW or Open Carry nut who had thoughts of flipping out but didn't act that day.

I'm for guns as a home defense, but their presence on the streets rarely seems comforting. You just can't know what's going through everyone's mind. Even the police are worrisome, but I'm not talking about Black Lives Matter, just the general potential for mayhem with fast projectiles and hot tempers.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM

[quote=chucksnee;41771216]It's taking you this long to figure it out?

Hell, it goes further than that,

Weekend Violence « CBS Chicago

But lets only worry about the person who has a concealed carry permit....lets not worry about the 15 year old who was standing on her porch and was shot....do you think that person that was shooting had a concealed permit?

You have something to ride BS.....but I'm afraid you may like it like that.....[/QUOTE

You're a hoot Chucky. I talk about guns in the hands of immature fools, the insane and criminals and you talk about CCW holders. If you conflate them; why would you expect better of others?

The rest of your post is typical Chuckspeak.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
An interesting thing is that (as of right now) the shooter and victims haven't had their names released. Usually that happens within a few hours.

I wonder if the shooter was an Open Carry agitator, calmly walking down the street as they are prone to doing? The gunman was described as very calm; someone we might not know from a "good guy with a gun" at any given moment. How can anyone fast-track a mental evaluation in such a situation? It only takes a quick lifting motion and finger movement to return to Dodge City.

I am weary of the claim that someone with extreme gun politics is "law-abiding" by mere virtue of having not shot a person yet, when you can tell that's their fantasy (in self defense, usually). A number of them practice on animals for years and you can't identify them on the street until bullets are airborne. I suspect many people have strolled right past some CCW or Open Carry nut who had thoughts of flipping out but didn't act that day.

I'm for guns as a home defense, but their presence on the streets rarely seems comforting. You just can't know what's going through everyone's mind. Even the police are worrisome, but I'm not talking about Black Lives Matter, just the general potential for mayhem with fast projectiles and hot tempers.
A sensible responsible outlook reminiscent of the past when they were considered a tool as they still should be.

The all too easy access afforded to those who anger swiftly without an actual threat present, but merely some situation that hit their particular hot-spot, is the reason sensible people did not want a firearm present 24/7 for generations.

Regressing back to the days when firearms were all too often resorted to for dispute resolution is not a desirable thing.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:44 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
I don't want your guns.

In what part of the world, besides some third world chit-hole, would killings by any firearm NOT be considered newsworthy?

Do you really want your country reduced to that of the insignificant over something as stupid as your petty love affair with the firearm?

Petty love for a firearm huh? Hmm, never realized that before. On the other hand an M16 did keep me alive for a year, so petty love sounds OK to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events