Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:01 PM

11,182 posts, read 10,960,959 times

Advertisements

It's stories like this that help me understand how and why people refer to liberalism as "a mental disorder".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:02 PM

50,450 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I didn't even bother to read thru this whole thread..This suspension is totally ridiculous..a child of that age mimics..so was it a movie he watched/TV program/parental influence..Yikes back in my day 60 years ago..we mimic'd a whole load of things..It's called playing...There's is something wrong with how school authorities are dealing with "Normal" behaviour versus ABERRANT one's!!

Suspension..is NOT the answer...I call it knee jerk behaviour modifications all the while having absolutely NO educations of normal behaviour of childhood behaviour.....Don't teacher's take such courses???
Catholic school teachers are often not very qualified.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Catholic school teachers are often not very qualified.
Don't assume all public school teachers are.

I know one that took the Generalist test 6 times because she kept failing the Math.
20 multiple choice questions going no further than HS Math.

And for those that can do Math all it takes is about 2 weeks of cramming for that 60 question multiple choice test. Pass that and you, too, can become "HIGHLY" qualified

Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
I suppose the educators involved would want to ban this movie:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtp...ler_shortfilms

Old 11-05-2015, 10:15 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
NO.

He is six years old. Playing like a normal 6 year old boy.

A stern talking to that would suppress normal behavior of a child playing to pacify a idiotic zero tolerance policy on normal behavior.

I think not. Parents have the power to stop these idiotic polices if they would just use it.
Put on the brakes there. My son's middle school principle was a jerk. I brought it up at a PTA meeting. That was the wrong audience. I made an appointment and spoke with him. Power monger. I cut to the chase and contacted the Superintendent's office. I spoke with the principal a second time. Nothing. He hadn't yet gotten the letter from the district.

My son nearly "failed" the 8th grade and couldn't move on to high school because he was missing a doctor's note for an absence.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:22 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
It's a private Catholic School. They can make any rule they wish, you know.....
And only God knows what they're going to do.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,075,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
My boys used to have air soft gun wars in the neighborhood. All the neighborhood kids had eye goggles or ski goggles and some form of air soft guns. I still find those darn plastic pellets in places...the garden, the garage, the driveway cracks, the deck.....
My kids did this with a bunch of the neighbor kids, too. One day some ninny called the cops. Good times.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,601,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Jesus Christ, suspended 3 days for something completely trivial.

There are some days when I really worry about the future of this society.
Does that mean there are days when you don't worry? No offense, but seriously, it's shocking to me that anyone could look at the world around us and not completely give up hope. We are way past the point of no return; what we once considered a relatively rational, reasonable social order is gone forever.

On the subject of the OP... why is it that so many people who seem to very clearly neither understand, nor particularly like children choose to make a career out of educating them? I have never understood this.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 PM

5,214 posts, read 2,987,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Does that mean there are days when you don't worry? No offense, but seriously, it's shocking to me that anyone could look at the world around us and not completely give up hope. We are way past the point of no return; what we once considered a relatively rational, reasonable social order is gone forever.

On the subject of the OP... why is it that so many people who seem to very clearly neither understand, nor particularly like children choose to make a career out of educating them? I have never understood this.
People thought the same thing 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years ago as well. We are still here.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:08 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,601,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
People thought the same thing 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years ago as well. We are still here.
Of course we're still here. We'll always still be here. And the people who thought this in past years were obviously right, because here we are, and it gets worse all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events