Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 11:30 AM

52,268 posts, read 34,016,697 times

Advertisements

so messed up. leaves behind a 1-year-old son and husband.

Quote:
A violent, northwest-side home invasion that's shaking an Indianapolis community is also hitting close to home for law enforcement.

Officers at a press conference Friday morning had a message for 28-year-old Amanda Blackburn's killer.

"We're serious about this," said IMPD Chief Rick Hite. "We're coming to get you."

Blackburn was killed in a violent home invasion Tuesday morning at her Sunnyfield Court home. Her 1-year-child was home at the time and Amanda was 12 weeks pregnant with her second child. Her husband, Davey, was at the gym at the time.
Police issue warning for Amanda Blackburn killer: 'We're coming - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:54 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,474,995 times
This 13-year-old may have suffered the same fate if he didn't shoot and kill one of the invaders coming into his home.

South Carolina Boy, 13, Fatally Shoots Burglar, Scares Off Second Suspect: Police - NBC News

Citizens should have the right to the tools enabling self protection.

I don't know if a gun in the home would have saved this young lady, but we know it's saved many others which is why I want law abiding citizens to have access to guns.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,077,571 times
I've been following this story for several days now. The young pastor has a tight alibi, he was at the gym (LA Fitness) when his pregnant wife was shot, can't help but think he is involved, has Scott Peterson written all over it, hope I am wrong. Except for no signs of broken entry and black man seen on a surveilance video near home, pollice have not released many details yet.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,903,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
I've been following this story for several days now. The young pastor has a tight alibi, he was at the gym (LA Fitness) when his pregnant wife was shot, can't help but think he is involved, has Scott Peterson written all over it, hope I am wrong. Except for no signs of broken entry and black man seen on a surveilance video near home, pollice have not released many details yet.
This story reminds me of a story out of NJ a couple years ago. Millburn, an upscale, quiet town, a mother home alone with her young daughter and infant son. Man breaks in, thinking no one was home, confronts the mother, grabs her like a rag doll and tosses her down the basement stairs (this is all caught on nanny cam so in the video you can hear the thud as she hits the bottom), approaches the little girl sitting frozen and terrified on the couch, says something to her, then goes upstairs. No one died, mom was fine, everyone was traumatized but okay. Scumbag perp had a ridiculously long rap sheet and was eventually caught.

Suspect In Millburn, NJ Nanny Cam Home Invasion Held On $750K Bail « CBS New York

What I'm saying is, these things DO happen. Women, especially mothers, are easy targets. The husband in the NJ case was at work and had nothing to do with it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this story from IN was a completely random attack.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:39 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,974,072 times
Too bad they didnt have nanny cam to add to what we already know.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:41 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,398,602 times
Home carry and convince your wives to home carry when home alone. Terrible.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:42 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,271,523 times
Quote:
Not saying that's the case here, but the husband could have hired it done. Happens all the time.
I hope it's not though, for the child's sake.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,974,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Not saying that's the case here, but the husband could have hired it done. Happens all the time.
I hope it's not though, for the child's sake.
Happens all the time? Im guessing it's what happens more often. If Vegas was taking odds

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

5,805 posts, read 6,855,131 times
Quote:
can't help but think he is involved, has Scott Peterson written all over it, hope I am wrong.
I have watched too many true crime shows to not believe the report I saw where they said "family members were not a suspect". The husband is always a suspect. However, I too hope he is not involved.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:57 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,077,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This story reminds me of a story out of NJ a couple years ago. Millburn, an upscale, quiet town, a mother home alone with her young daughter and infant son. Man breaks in, thinking no one was home, confronts the mother, grabs her like a rag doll and tosses her down the basement stairs (this is all caught on nanny cam so in the video you can hear the thud as she hits the bottom), approaches the little girl sitting frozen and terrified on the couch, says something to her, then goes upstairs. No one died, mom was fine, everyone was traumatized but okay. Scumbag perp had a ridiculously long rap sheet and was eventually caught.

Suspect In Millburn, NJ Nanny Cam Home Invasion Held On $750K Bail « CBS New York

What I'm saying is, these things DO happen. Women, especially mothers, are easy targets. The husband in the NJ case was at work and had nothing to do with it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this story from IN was a completely random attack.
Anything is possible, however, random home invasions shootings are rare, also strange killer chose this house on a cul de sac. We'll see how this one unfolds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events