Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:06 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWTEBO View Post
Would that include a Mexican baby born in the USA two days after her undocumented mother crossed the border? That baby is as American as you, since he was born in the USA. Right?
Or do you make exceptions in your patriotic speeches?
Anchor babies don't count. We need to change the 14th Amendment ASAP. It wasn't intended to be used how it is today; yet again people take advantage of what's written in the Constitution. It was written to protect slaves after Emancipation but of course let's take it to allow babies of illegal immigrants who broke the law to get here, often when they're about to pop and conveniently give birth over the border or in US airspace.

Also, no "patriotic speech" but cute try. That's just me putting my feelings out there. What can I say; I'm a good writer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:07 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying that our country depends on having a stable Jordan to use to run our operations in the Middle East.

And, by the way, I am not an immigrant. And I am not an Arab. My family came from Europe and has been in this country since the Civil War. So nice try.
Amin is European? Amin is Arabic/Muslim name. Nothing wrong with it though but it is not “European”.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:10 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Amin is European? Amin is Arabic/Muslim name. Nothing wrong with it though but it is not “European”.
Amin is not my name.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:13 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,602 times
We literally have hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the US; hundreds of thousands of Iranians came 20+ years ago and what has this amounted to ?

Sure people need to be vetted but some of you need to relax - there is little to zero chance of you being killed or wounded by a terrorist.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:15 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
We literally have hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the US; hundreds of thousands of Iranians came 20+ years ago and what has this amounted to ?

Sure people need to be vetted but some of you need to relax - there is little to zero chance of you being killed or wounded by a terrorist.
Your common sense, compassion and human kindness has no place here!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not particularly obsessed with them, I just feel human compassion for their plight. You've been posting here every bit as much as I have. So what's your obsession?
I am the OP. I am not the kind who opens a thread then disappears. You can start your own thread advocating for the Syrian refugees. I will never accuse you of obsessing with the topic.

This aside, you never say how people with no documentation are going to be processed as refugees? You assure people that you have a system that will stop Ahmad Almohammad who found his way to France among the refugees and I will sympathize with your compassion. Until then, I value my life and my family’s life more than the 25 year old body building Nike backpacker who leaves the fighting for someone else at my expense. Prioritize who you would let in first.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWTEBO View Post
Would that include a Mexican baby born in the USA two days after her undocumented mother crossed the border? That baby is as American as you, since he was born in the USA. Right?
Or do you make exceptions in your patriotic speeches?
Don’t change the subject. You can post this to the Trump thread.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

Point taken but ISIS didn't exist 20 years ago. This threat didn't exist on this level 20+ years ago. We didn't have social media which helped recruit and communicate with people all over the world - which ISIS is doing. We didn't have terrorists telling us they were sending people into other countries to commit attacks - which they did in Paris just this weekend. At least one terrorist was a Syrian who only got to Europe a month ago. The world is different now.

If even ONE terrorist is let in because we're taking in refugees and plans and commits an attack that kills at least one American, we failed. That's a huge, preventable, issue. Even one is too many, and one dead American also too many. So as long as everyone's okay with the possibility...

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
That is sick. Over 38% of the refugees are aged 11 or younger. You are going to blame children who have lost everything for mass murder and call them less than human?
On that point, we have plenty of young kids/children in this country who need help($) from bad parents. Let's spend our money there first. And all the other countless problems in our own country that haven't been solved financially yet. And when we don't have an almost 20 trillion dollar deficit anymore, than we can begin thinking of maybe solving some of the worlds problems/helping out a bit.

We are broke AminWi. We can't fix($) the worlds problems.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:22 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am the OP. I am not the kind who opens a thread then disappears. You can start your own thread advocating for the Syrian refugees. I will never accuse you of obsessing with the topic.

This aside, you never say how people with no documentation are going to be processed as refugees? You assure people that you have a system that will stop Ahmad Almohammad who found his way to France among the refugees and I will sympathize with your compassion. Until then, I value my life and my family’s life more than the 25 year old body building Nike backpacker who leaves the fighting for someone else at my expense. Prioritize who you would let in first.
Now that is an excellent question. And I don't have a good answer for you. I would need a whole lot more information about how refugees are generally processed in situations like these and about strategies that have been tried for determining their identity. Because I know this isn't the first time that countries have had to process a large number of refugees who have lost their documentation, and I don't like talking out of my a**.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events