Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:32 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That "we're all immigrants" platitude is just that: a platitude. It has no place in intelligent conversation.

And distinctions need to be made between immigrants. Not all immigrants are great. Not all immigrants want to be Americans. Not all immigrants want to live the American dream. Some immigrants want to take advantage of our generosity. Some immigrants are low lives. Some immigrants are terrorists. And let's call a spade a spade: Islam ****ing sucks. It's a dangerous religion practiced by ignorant people. That's a bad mixture, as history proves. We can't tolerate the intolerance of Islam. It goes against American values and my own principles as a liberal.

Having open borders is stupid and can only lead to tragedy.
Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 11:57 PM

387 posts, read 356,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Why stop them? What the hell is America? We're all immigrants.

I was at a freethought Atheists meeting yesterday in Seattle and there was a Saudi girl speaking about Islam there. It would be a mistake to keep someone as bright and intelligent as she was out of this country. It's IMMIGRANTS like her that make America what it is.

What about the Mexicans who came here 30 years ago? Look at our campuses. Their children are growing up, going to school having children of their own and making America better every step of the way. I sometimes ride the bus and where I saw mostly black, white and Asian people now I see people of every stripe. Bedouin girls, Iraqi mothers and teens, Somali, African, Pakistani, Indian and Latinos are ubiquitous. I saw an Indian girl from Brazil, 6" 5" tall and stunning.

Let them come. We're only better for it. If there's some bad apples It's well worth the risk.

And how does any of this wonderful "Diversity" help anyone or any country?? It doesn't....Most people just self segregate into their own ethic/racial/religious group and all that does is dilute the culture of an area...And that's not even getting into the massive problems that can occur while you combine people from the 3rd world with people from the 1st world and force them to live together...

"Diversityards" have a mental disorder....I am convinced of it....The strongest powers on earth are always relatively homogeneous cultures/peoples...It seems so obvious to me that diversity while okay in moderate amounts (and better when involving only people from other similar 1st world nations/cultures) harms a culture/country when in extreme amounts....

Humans are tribalistic by nature and do not like people that are radically different from them/what they are used to...Get over it....

I say don't let any of the Syrian "refugees" in....The US (and Europe) doesn't owe them a damn thing just because we are wealthy and prosperous....

Old 11-16-2015, 12:00 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Paris Attacks: Syrian Migrant Was Among the Bombers - WSJ

I think you owe somebody and apology.
The Syrian passport is a fake and the identified attacker is a French of Algerian origin. That article is from yesterday. Why would anyone take their passport, makes no sense. Unless they wanted to flee the country. That's as if I committed a shooting or terrorist attack at a mall and took my my passport with me. Makes no sense. They guy was a suicide bomber and meant to kill himself. Why take a passport?

Also why was the passport not destroyed as he blew himself up ? Sounds fishy, and France said it was a fake Syrian passport made in Turkey.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Being a NATIONAL just means you hold a passport, it doesn't make you ethnically French or European or NOT a radical Muslim with roots to an Islamic country.
You are right and that was not my point. Yes they are radical Muslims , I meant to say they are not Syrian refugees. Most terrorists will be homegrown not refugees, that is the cold, hard truth that right wing leaders in Europe fail to grasp.

By the way Germany has taken more refugees than any European country and yet no terrorist attacks there.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:07 AM

387 posts, read 356,292 times
California and South Florida are the perfect examples of the "wonders" of extreme diversity at work....

Everyone essentially hangs out with their own kind (religion, race, nationality) and their is no prevailing or dominant culture in each region...It's all an awkward mish-mash of a huge amount of different cultures/peoples that are very different from each other...

No thank you diversitytards!!!

Old 11-16-2015, 12:12 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,143 times
get some guns

Old 11-16-2015, 01:25 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
It's the height of idiocy to let in Muslims into the USA which of course, the Obama Administration sets the idiocy curve high in these type of situation.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:36 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Can’t anybody stop Syrian refugees from entering the US?"

Well, we can stop giving to Catholic Charities, they are sponsoring them. And, we can contact our officials. If we raise a big enough stink, maybe they will nix it.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:40 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
You are right and that was not my point. Yes they are radical Muslims , I meant to say they are not Syrian refugees. Most terrorists will be homegrown not refugees, that is the cold, hard truth that right wing leaders in Europe fail to grasp.

By the way Germany has taken more refugees than any European country and yet no terrorist attacks there.

You miss the whole point - many of these terrorists came in with the flow of Syrian refugees - that's why the Passport. We know they targeted France because of the air strikes. They very well may have plants in the group of refugees that Germany took in. They're not stupid - the countries are on high alert now - let things calm down and strike again.

Most terrorists will be homegrown not refugees - sorry but that's a stupid comment. Just because a terrorist is homegrown does not mean that they do not infiltrate other countries and cultures recruiting members and assimilate themselves into groups - aka the Syrian refugees - to achieve their end game. Because of this it is hard to vet them.

And now 6 pages of drival and not one contact from supporters who want to open their homes to these refugees. You welcome them with open arms - as long as they aren't in your neighborhood. What hypocrites!

Old 11-16-2015, 05:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
I've pretty much supported Obama in everything he has done, but I can not support him in this stupid decision. We are going to regret it if we do this, in more ways than one.

There is an old Aesop Fable about a man who was walking one cold Winter day, and he found a snake lying there frozen. He took it home and put it by his fireplace and the snake came back to life. The snake bit him, and as he was dying, the man said "I saved your life, why did you kill me ?" and the snake replied, "You knew I was a snake when you took me in, and you should have known better."

We are going to be letting a lot of "snakes" into this country if we do this.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events