Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Completely wrong. These terrorists were foreign born, and ended up here because they applied for political asylum.

So tell me about this threat NOT being about refugees again?
We are hearing the same - all the named terrorist were European Nationals.

Paris Attack 2015: Named Terrorists All European Nationals, Not Syrian Refugees

One article quoted intelligence believing a forged Syrian passport was to create a rukus and put a halt to the refugees from fleeing the country, the sole purpose was to put the world on the defensive when taking in refugees. I personally think we need to seriously think this through, provide them shelter, but not with unfettered access to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 03:36 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Let all the Syrian refugees in California the more the better but all in California

Old 11-19-2015, 03:41 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
yes, screening includes the methods I've described. Those with passports have also been screened by the country of origin. Yes, that's part of my claim.....no syrian refugees allowed because of the concerns of our top intelligence and words spoken by our fbi director that there is real risk involved in allowing them in.
Back up for a minute and consider your claim that Syrian's can't be vetted because there is no way to obtain records from Syria. So, let's assume that is correct. If there are no records, then what would preclude them from obtaining a passport?

But aside from that, the story of this discovery of the Syrian passport stinks to high heaven, I think it was in the interest of ISIS to make sure it was discovered, and I'm not the only one who thinks so:

Quote:
[Isis] loathes that individuals are fleeing Syria for Europe. It undermines [Isis’s] message that its self-styled caliphate is a refuge.”

Investigators still need to verify the Syrian passport was carried by an attacker rather than a dead bystander (one Egyptian passport-holder initially believed to be an assailant turned out to be an injured victim). They will then need to be certain that the passport’s carrier was the same as the passport’s legitimate owner.

A third red flag is the fact that the passport concerned was found in the first place. Analysts find it strange that a bomber would remember to bring his passport on a mission, particularly one who does not intend to return alive. “Why would a jihadist who expressly rejects all notions of modern citizenship take his passport on a suicide mission?” tweeted Charlie Winter, an analyst focusing on Islamist extremism. “So it gets found.”
Why Syrian refugee passport found at Paris attack scene must be treated with caution | World news | The Guardian

Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Unlike the federal government, state governors do not have to follow his executive orders. They can ignore him at will the minute that Obama seeks to spend one dime of state money for his insane plans.
As much as you try to pontificate, I thought you had a better grasp on how government works. Even Kasich was forthright in pointing out that governors have no power when it comes to placement of refugees. These governors and GOP candidates who think that the refugees are "rabid dogs," are just on a political bandwagon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08c74b734be0c

Old 11-19-2015, 03:49 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
As much as you try to pontificate, I thought you had a better grasp on how government works. Even Kasich was forthright in pointing out that governors have no power when it comes to placement of refugees. These governors and GOP candidates who think that the refugees are "rabid dogs," are just on a political bandwagon.

Ben Carson Compares Some Refugees To Rabid Dogs
They can, however, make the resettlement difficult. They do have that power.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm still waiting for you to prove that 90% of middle eastern refugees are unemployed.
Why would I prove that? I did not make that claim.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pesky indeed, particularly when it fails to support his claim that 90% of ME refugees are unemployed huh?
Please cite where I claim 90% of refugees are unemployed, I claimed 90% were on welfare, I proceeded to prove it. Intentional dishonesty when having a discussion reduces your arguments validity.

I eagerly await your retraction and apology.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Regardless if they are employed or not, to me it just shows the vast majority are taking money from the system. Money we don't have as we are broke. But sure, let another 10k in! Free money! Unvetted! We love everyone!
FYI, I made no such claim.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:07 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
When you have the Mother Feinstein, Mother of all things liberal, (as well as ranking member on the Senate Intelligence Committee) saying we cannot take in these refugees, VISA waivers must be tabled, I'm going to pay a bit more attention than if it were only the right spewing their predictable blather. For all I know she could have been in on the ground floor of this bill, but this is one issue that is not left or right, but it is about what is wrong and what is right. When you hear these words out of Feinstein, there's more than what we are hearing and what is being shared. Currently there is a VISA waiver program that has Dept of HSL in a tither. Maybe this was the bill post #154 was referring to?

Quote:
PHOENIX - Sen. Jeff Flake will present a bipartisan bill to the House on Thursday mornings regarding national security in light of the Paris terror attacks. Flake is working with California Senator Diane Feinstein on the bill. The bill would suspend visa waivers for individuals from European countries who have traveled to Syria and Iraq within the last five years. Currently, the visa waiver program allows citizens from certain countries to reside in the U.S. for 90 days without tough scrutiny.

“Let’s say France has had 2,000 people leave to go and fight,” said Feinstein. “They are visa waiver countries, so the people come back to France and then they come into the United States. The bill we would propose would strictly limit that.”

Still, lawmakers and those in the intelligence community worry about attacks on "soft targets".
"It's one thing to hit a building, a building is one thing. It's another thing to hit a soft target. To walk into restaurants where people are having a Friday night dinner, to kill everybody you can kill. To go into a concert hall, do the same thing," Feinstein said on Tuesday in pointed comments after the classified briefing. "So what ISIL used is the soft target. And of course, this is all over television, it's going constantly, and I think it's causing a great deal of alarm among people who want their government to keep them safe, and we want to keep people safe, and only good intelligence is going to keep people safe."
SOURCES: Sen. Jeff Flake to introduce bill in light of Paris attack - ABC15 Arizona

Paris Attacks: Here's What Keeps Intelligence Officials Up at Night - NBC News

Old 11-19-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
???? Created one in Syria?? I think that actually falls on Assad's shoulder's ..certainly not the USA..

I know many want to blame BO for not attacking and Invading Syria after he said..They crossed the "Red Line"..But that RED LINE was Using Chemicals on Assad's own citizens...Warships parked on Syrian's shores..Congress was asked to vote on this act of "Aggression" war...after Cameron got shutdown in the UK for partnering with BO in such an effort......

Then of course. Putin realizing his buddy Assad did cross that line..facilitated the Chemical's being seized and removed thru the UN Chemical Weapon's experts.. So ..fast forward..Assad ignored Isil..allowed them to basically take over almost half of his Country ( Northern portion)..Assad /along with Lack of Leadership in Iraq..allowed these barbarian's to cross freely between those two Countries....

IF I want to blame anybody..My list would start with Assad, then Putin and Iran who actually supported that despot..ignoring those barbarians in northern Syria.. I truly think many have actually forgotten the timeline of events of how Isil was able to establish it's Caliphate in north/western Iraq..and safe haven in Syria in which to operate with impunity!!

Isil hierarchy are actually Iraqi Sunni..Not Syrian...They just took advantage of Assad attacking his own peoples leaving a nice little hunk of land to set up base..operational headquarters..training camps..Turkey sitting quietly on their border watching ( DOING NOTHING) allow free flow of foreign fighters to flow freely back and forth into Europe..onto wherever they wanted to go..no tracking...Ohhh Yeah..All the while Turkey has been buying Isil Oil...feeding the coffer's of this now named "Enemy of the World"!!

ISIL are NOT Syrian..ISIL just so happens to operate inside Syria due to Lack of effort by Iraq/Syria/Turkey "Leadership" to do a Gosh Darn Thing!! Me thinks blaming BO is just something political opponents love to use because they HATE the man!! Pandora's Box got opened over 12 years ago..and ushering in Democratic elections in Iraq and Afghanistan..BOTH ended up being corrupt,ineffective ....Won't bother going into that dynamic now!!

The Syrian People are victim's of ALL I mentioned above..THEY are NOT the problem...They are Victim's of War...The Barbarian's are stoking fear using platforms even Al Qaeda wouldn't use..But the media savvy ISIL/Politicians in USA are both feeding the FEAR's!!

Oh..Also Vetting of Refugee's is a long process..1-2 years..even before allowed into USA...and those that come to border requesting asylum ..are NOT allowed to roam freely...but sent to detention centres.

It's the visitor's, vacationer's, work visa's, who arrive..then don't leave!! THOSE are the one's I would worry about much more!!!!!!!
We helped create the power vacuum in Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events