U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 10:30 AM

4,852 posts, read 2,902,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
true. More reason for the us, which is broke, to stay out of it. If we are going to expand our credit card debt, it should be to address our problems at home.
agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,497,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Did you know that Obama has deported more people back to Mexico and Latin America than any recent president?? That is way many Latino advocacy groups are upset with him.

That's is in direct contradiction to your statement.
No, he didn't. When Obama took office his administration changed the definition of 'deport'.

If you were caught at the border and sent back that used to be called a 'return'. If you were caught inland then you would normally go through a deportation procedure.

Obama changed this so now 'returns' are counted as deportations. This automatically greatly increased the number of 'deportations' but it's really a bogus value. The change was designed to make him LOOK tough on immigration when, in fact, he has told ICE to NOT deport people.

Obama actions shield most illegal immigrants from deportation even as court stalls amnesty - Washington Times

Millions of people, including yourself, were duped.

Now that you have learned the facts will you change your thinking? I'm guessing not.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:33 PM

9,352 posts, read 6,245,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Did you know that Obama has deported more people back to Mexico and Latin America than any recent president?? That is way many Latino advocacy groups are upset with him.

That's is in direct contradiction to your statement.
\

Not true. Returns now counted as deportations. Returns used to be when caught at border and recused entry. Deportations were when caught in us and were placed on buses and sent home. Returns were always high. Now lumped with deportations and called deportations we have a false number

Just like jpb statistics not counting those who gave up and stopped looking

obuma the magnificent is using slight of hand once more to misdirect small minds with fudged stats

Old 11-20-2015, 03:47 PM

14,171 posts, read 6,415,927 times
I'm neutral about whether we let in refugees or not. If we do, there should obviously be a screening process, which is already in effect. If it gets more stringent, I guess I'm fine with that. However, I don't believe in turning people away "just cuz", like cons do. Screen them strictly & either turn them away or let them in. I'm not overly worried about terrorism in this country. There are enough crazies in this country who were born & raised here who perform hideous acts of violence every single day to others. You don't have to be Syrian to do that. Besides, there are enough paranoid people in this country that wouldn't hesitate to call the police on someone simply for looking like they're a terrorist, whether it's true or not.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:57 PM

4,690 posts, read 2,540,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
People need to also care about the millions of Africans being murdered in a genocide, or is just these particular Syrian muslims?

The media does a good job of showing only images they want you to see and not other telling pictures.
I don't think it means that we don't care about Africans or other groups being slaughtered; however, we'd like to see African nations rise up and do something about what is happening on their own continent and Middle Easterners, etc. rise up and do something in their own area.

Why does the Western World and a few specific Asian countries always get the burden of taking care of everyone else, of fighting their battles for them and paying for all the damage and then have to take in refugees and then later their families? We train foreigners to fight their own battles and then some of those turn around and use their training to hurt us.

I care about all the people suffering, but I want them to do more to take care of themselves.

Don't think I am a Republican because I post this. I'm not. I can't think of a single Republican I could support in the next election.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:30 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,416,322 times
As a country we have so much poverty... Out of work... Disabled and poorly cared for vets... Way of life crumbling...
Why do we want to take 15-45 year old males who won't fight for their lands..or breeder wives for that matter.. Unskilled.. Desperate.. Sick.. Diseases we don't have...

Throw in politicians who don't live in the real world.. Will never have obamacare... Hate having to campaign and would rather rule ... Why trust anything they say.. Many have lied and gotten Americans killed.
We have stopped taking refugees many times in our history.. Why now obuma...more carnage on our country you can screw the next president with to add to the disaster you have already created
Remember when isis was breaking out of Syria and had a force of ten thousand and was lined up in neat columns... Why didn't you take them out then... It would have been doable by air... Look at the death and carnage you have created now... And you want more... I remember your pechelant arrogance telling us how we will take thousands... You will it.. Dictator obuma now
Why?
America first
Slow this turd down

Old 11-20-2015, 04:51 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,640,676 times
Which ones are those? The Ones Republicans are hiring illegally and paying half what they used to pay AMERICANS??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
What about all the legal people Obama said can come up through Mexico?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:58 PM

82 posts, read 99,421 times
I think we should take the refugees. Turning them away would be cowardly and un-American.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:45 PM

1,372 posts, read 805,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo Joe View Post
What if more than half of the people defending such a position had ancestors who were the original refugees!!??
They were not refugees because there was no country they were immigrating to. America did not exist then. People of European descent created America.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 805,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
As a country we have so much poverty... Out of work... Disabled and poorly cared for vets... Way of life crumbling...
Why do we want to take 15-45 year old males who won't fight for their lands..or breeder wives for that matter.. Unskilled.. Desperate.. Sick.. Diseases we don't have...

Throw in politicians who don't live in the real world.. Will never have obamacare... Hate having to campaign and would rather rule ... Why trust anything they say.. Many have lied and gotten Americans killed.
We have stopped taking refugees many times in our history.. Why now obuma...more carnage on our country you can screw the next president with to add to the disaster you have already created
Remember when isis was breaking out of Syria and had a force of ten thousand and was lined up in neat columns... Why didn't you take them out then... It would have been doable by air... Look at the death and carnage you have created now... And you want more... I remember your pechelant arrogance telling us how we will take thousands... You will it.. Dictator obuma now
Why?
America first
Slow this turd down
Couldn't rep you enough.

There are dozens of other countries that are close to Syria that can and will take these people. Syria is a long time enemy of the USA, their citizens hate us. Why on earth would we take people like that, who besides being political enemies of the USA, are also Muslims who have a propensity for Jihad.

Many of the "refugees" overflooding Europe are not even from Syria, they are from Turkey and Africa, and are just taking advantage of the chaos to sneak in to Europe.

Obviously, ISIS is sneaking it's own operatives in to Europe in the refugee flow, and no doubt there are covert operatives who are trying to get asylum in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events