Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
And I'm most definitely not white.
They looked white to me. White Devils
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 08:11 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Any woman who expected a $1200 hand bag from me as a gift, never mind a $2500 one, would be fired on the spot. I know you're just doing a humble brag here but I'm posting this from my yacht, so you ain't got nuthin on me.
Guy, have you read some of my posts on here? I'm A LOT of work. She deserved that bag. It's like bonus hazard pay.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
[quote=2mares;41984624]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Agreed. Funny tho I believe the women are of Hispanic origin, not white.

Is 4 alot?
I work with a couple who had their first child in their late 30's, wanted another and had twins. Now she thinks she wants another baby, but really doubt they will have another.

I did not read if these women were never married, divorced or what. Either way they dont have good parenting skills.
[quote=breeze823;41984670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

yes, i have 4 and never thought we were crazy duggars or something...we always knew we wanted 3 or 4, then my 3rd pregnancy was twins so there was 3 and 4! 4's pretty normal lol

and yes, he keeps going on about how he hates whites and they aren't, dummy!
Yeah, I don't think 4 kids is a lot (if that day comes for me, I just want 2 if I can help it), but they seem really young and are single (I think). At some point after kids 1 and 2, I'm going to stop relying on birth control or the other popular method with people my age, lol.

But then again, maybe they wanted/planned all 4.

And yup, these women are Hispanic, but doesn't that technically count as white? (Splitting hairs)

Old 11-19-2015, 08:59 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
I hope I am not the only one who finds these posts offensive. Blatantly racist and actually endorsing child abuse! C'mon people, report this.
Nah, I say let them have their say, even if their "say" is perhaps ignorant. They're just opinions.

Where it regards physical discipline, even physical discipline which isn't extreme, the problem with the idea of "beat their butts and they'll mind" is that people don't mind their own business about such matters. That is, you could simply pop your child on the hand and some nosy type is apt to call social services. Without for a minute excusing parents who don't correct, how can a parent really lay down the law with a good hand slap or butt pop (not beatings) if someone's going to report that as "abuse?" Yet, don't respond that way, and you're criticized for not taking their behavior seriously enough. It's darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Heck, I've even seen customers buy items for children when the parent told the child they couldn't have it. I've had them do that to me, my response--"I've got the money, but they misbehaved so their punishment is they don't get to have one" or "they can wait to get candy when they're home, they need to learn delayed gratification vs always getting what they want." Yes, some fellow shoppers congratulate me on teaching that way, but many others bring out that hateful scowl or say "you're going to 'torture' your child that way?" My response (sounding like Arnold Arnold Schwarzenegger from his movies): "they'll live" or "if that's 'torture,' I'd hate to see what you'd call REAL discipline." Haters are going to hate, but I'm correcting my children and the naysayers can flush it.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:08 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Well we were all kids once and I recall it was threat of corporate punishment which kept us three brothers in line. In public or private. Of course, punishment had to be applied to be remembered and feared.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:27 AM

325 posts, read 336,777 times
I worked in a grocery store once and one 4-year-old kid pulled his pants down and pooped on the floor like an untrained dog near the register counters. I am not kidding, though I didn't see this, I've heard about it. The store owner was p****d.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:34 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,473 times
Not news, however I always think it is funny when a person "wants the clerk fired because they might do that to someone else". Can't we think a little more originally? It is like a script people say now and for the past 30 years, after a bad clerk event.

The first thing you should ask yourself is "could I have been the bad guy here?" If there is any doubt-don't pursue the issue.

With 8 kids the likelihood is they were probably the bad guys. I mean why should the clerk be fired? All she did was yell? Just help the clerk to know that next time you get someone to take over the register if this family is stressing you. Or pull out your phone and document the kids destroying stuff. Go in the back and take some deep breaths.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:45 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Her 15 seconds of fame are ticking ticking ticking... oh! there they just went....

Old 11-19-2015, 09:52 AM

16,067 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post

Where it regards physical discipline, even physical discipline which isn't extreme, the problem with the idea of "beat their butts and they'll mind" is that people don't mind their own business about such matters. That is, you could simply pop your child on the hand and some nosy type is apt to call social services. Without for a minute excusing parents who don't correct, how can a parent really lay down the law with a good hand slap or butt pop (not beatings) if someone's going to report that as "abuse?" Yet, don't respond that way, and you're criticized for not taking their behavior seriously enough. It's darned if you do, darned if you don't.
A firm hand on the nape of the neck, a good grasp on a child's earlobe, a hand in the hair close to the scalp, these are all VERY effective in getting control of an unruly child. They are also painless, unless the child makes it painful by squirming away or otherwise misbehaving. Of course it means having to actually deal with your child, which many parents seem loathe to do.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Indeed.

The advocates of "free range" parenting would insist we are ruining our children's futures by insisting someone keep an eye on them.
That is not a tenant of Free range Parenting, it is a philosophy about raising kids to be independent without helicoptering and protecting them from every obstacle...their philosophy does not espouse no rules/running wild in the slightest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events